Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$23.95+ $3.49 shipping

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on October 7, 2003
I am not usually a big fan of taking sacred music and adding modern accompaniment to it (a la Enigma), but this is well done and almost unobtrusive. The chants are deep, in fact I got goosebumps from the unplugged version of the offering chant.
This album is neither too new-agey, too jazzy, or too anything. This is excellent work respectful of the religious nature of the chant while remaining musically interesting
on October 7, 2002
Lama Gyurme's chants and Jean-Phillippe Rykiel's syntehsizer music work together wonderfully in this CD. Lama Gyurme's chant isn't exactly like the Gyoto monks I was use to hearing from Tibet. His chant was much more soothing, almost like he was "singing" under his breath. Gyoto monks can blow your eardrums away and can be rough to listen too, but not so with Lama Gyurme. His voice combined with the synthesizer creates a very relaxing ambience, and I found it great to meditate to. I wish I understood what Lama Gyurme was saying, but regardless, this CD is a true gem for those looking for relaxing music.
on May 24, 2001
Already the happy owner of the first CD published by Lama Gyurmé & friends, great was my delight when I found this new release. Rain of Blessings indeed - I couldn't have thought of a better name myself! This CD has stuck with me, during times of personal challenge, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health. When I was too ill or depressed to do my prayers or practice, I would listen to the chants of the wonderful, deep blessing of this CD! And did it bless me! - Much devoted to Tibetan ritual chant for a long time, and perhaps a bit of a purist, the fusion of styles in this music has been of no bother to me, in fact, quite the opposite. Energizing and uplifting when you need that, soothing and calming when that's your heart's desire. - In Tibetan Buddhism, I have learned, quite a fundamental idea is that the lineages and styles should be kept pure and unspoiled, whilst at the same time the lineage holders should know how to renew the message and put it in a contemporary context. To me, that has been truly accomplished, when it comes to this, Lama Guyrme's gift to us! I will be forever grateful.
on June 25, 2000
Ok, may be this CD is not for everyone. In fact I got this one from a friend who did not like it so he selled to me. Before buying it from him, I gave it a try and, I was very pleasent by the beautiful deep chant of Lama Gyurme. As opposite to the last reviewer I really like the background music by Jean-Philippe Rykiel. I find it not only appropiate as a background music for the Lamma's chant but also of worth by itself.
I am sure that if you are on Buddism, meditation or any other spiritual practice; you will be very pleased to add this album to your collection.
Finally, I rated this album with 5 stars not only because I really enjoy it but also by the effort realized by these extraordinary artists who bring us a taste of a different kind of music which stands by itself with its on values regardless how extrange can it be and, how far it is from the main streams of contemporary music. So if you really appreciate any kind of music and would like to try something different, then this CD deserves at least a try. Try it, and share your opinion!
on August 3, 2001
I am now into my seventh listening in the first day of owning this CD. The Amazon reviewer said it might be cheesy, or at least have some cheesy bits. Certainly the keyboard and synth might be seen as a little out of character, but this interesting blend I think makes the performances easier on Westernized ears. Regardless, the overall effect is overwhelming, in a nice and joyous way. Rich, dynamic, and unusual are terms that come quickly to mind. Lama Gyurme's voice is deep and honest and Rykiel's backing does not intrude upon that. It is a beautiful marriage of sound. I confess that listening to it for the first time, with the volume up as one reviewer suggested, brought me to tears from time to time. Whatever transgressions you may find that the synth produces you will also find yourself forgiving all by the last track, an unplugged reprise of track two. Enjoy it. Play it often.
on November 5, 2000
Although different than Songs of Awakening, I think Rain of Blessings is just as wonderful. Rykiels music adds a magical note to the beauty of the prayers and heart felt sounds of Lama Gyurme. There was nothing "cheesy" about it. The music only enhances the beauty of this CD. In fact,I find myself using the melody of the Medicine Buddha Chant instead of the japa/mantra i generaly do.
on February 23, 2002
The CD is sweetly sung by Lama Gyurme with soft backing by French musician. Meditative but thoroughly authentic.
Lama Gyurme is well known in France as a Kagyu teacher/practitioner. Kalu Rimpoche lists Lama Gyurme's two centers in France as among his recognized teachers in his books.
on November 4, 2013
One of the most calming, peaceful, experiences. However, I must say, it might not be for everyone. It is asian chanting, but for those who enjoy this type of music, I'm confident in saying it will likely be an experience that you will want to repeat.
on July 29, 2000
If you liked the Lama's Chant, you will love this. The recording is very intense. I turn it way up, and it knocks my little orange cat out! Its tone is tranquilizing.