5.0 out of 5 stars parfait
Le dvd était en parfait état, tel que décrit. Je suis très satisfaite. Il est arrivé rapidement et était très bien emballé.
Published 18 months ago by joannie lavoie

3.0 out of 5 stars more belly laughs than "Tenenbaums" but not as much spirit
Rushmore is entertaining and funny, but not quite as true to life as The Royal Tenenbaums. Jason Schwartzman does a fantastic acting job; as usual, Bill Murray fails convince me that he's in love. Perhaps the fact that the main character is a budding young playwright hints at some autobiographical aspect to the plot?
Published on March 5 2004 by gradesix

‹ Previous | 141 42 43 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars COULD THIS MOVIE BE WORST?, Feb. 14 2002
Mauro (Buenos Aires, Argentina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rushmore (The Criterion Collection) [Import] (DVD)
Oh my God!.Is this a comedy?
I think it will fix in horror.This is one of the worst movies I ever saw.
It's so bad that it couldn't be more horrible.
Bill Murray had been kicked in his ass doing this film.You have to have guts to do something like this.
I have to say congratulations to the director, he got guts.
I can't belive, that some people even rated this with 5 stars!!
Come on!It deserves zero stars!!
I I could destroy it from earth, oh belive me, i would.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rushmore = Smushmore Around Here, Jan. 14 2002
Nicholas Sissen (East Lansing, Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rushmore (The Criterion Collection) [Import] (DVD)
Seriously, this movie really bad. All parts about i can t explain. the rushmore guy hangs out with that little kid and then rushmore all like wants this older girl who i seen in the sixth sense. now their's good movie. i also don't like how rushmore writes these plays and then he all solves things with them, people wouldn't really think rushmore is that good of play writer, he's only supposed to be like 13. i thought the movie would get good when rusmore says hey dj put on this song, i thought like sparks and cool rap song would play for sure, instead it is song with guitar and like music stuff. for real i don't know what bill murray thinks when he does movie like this. if bill murray finds interesting in places to go, then he come over to my house, cause up here at Michigan State University we party with style and rap music. i will forever remember this movie about rusmore and he own crazy green suit, yet he doesn t understand the true style of green, because that is what i bleed. GO green go Whit

1.0 out of 5 stars A Pile of Horse Dung, Oct. 30 2001
This review is from: Rushmore (VHS Tape)
Alright, this is one of those random comedies. The humor is supposed to rest in strange, witty comments and actions. But I've seen funny random movies, and this does not do the trick. Max is basically just a jackass that runs around thinking he's brilliant. It just didn't strike home for me. I know that others disagree, but even if you do find this movie entertaining it is by no means a masterpiece.

3.0 out of 5 stars a truly original film, May 16 2004
Ted "Ted" (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rushmore (The Criterion Collection) [Import] (DVD)
This review is for the Criterion Collection DVD edition of the film.
In this movie, 10th grader Max Fischer falls in love with the widowed 1st grade teacher at his school. Max is the undisputed king of extrcurricular activites at his school. His grades have plummeted as a result and is in danger of expulsion. He later becomes the protégée of Herman Blume, the father of twin brother students at his school. His new mentor then falls in love with the teacher and in an act of revenge, Max exposes the affair to Herman's wife.
The DVD has excellent special features.
There is audio commentary by the writers of the film and actor Jason Schwartzmann who plays Max in the film, a "making of Rushmore" press film, short theatrical adaptations films released at the time Rushmore was which aired on the MTV movie awards, screen tests and audtions of the child actors and actress in the film, Chrlie Rose Show interview with actor Bill Murray and Director/co-writer Wes Anderson, and drawn storyboards with film comparison and, several pictures of props, drawings and other items from the film. There is also a foldout map showing key events in the film.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please...., Feb. 23 2004
Big-Z (Heavenly Valley, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rushmore (DVD)
This film starts out very dull and boring and goes downhill from there. I love comedies and after reading the reviews I expected something as good as all the films it was compared to. No dice. It is badly written, terribly cast, poorly acted, and horribly edited... it should have been chopped down to 3 minutes. It has nothing going for it, so if a zero were allowed, that would be my rating. It is now on my list of the 10 worst films I have ever seen. Avoid at all costs unless you like cruel and unusual punishment. This film should be used to torture prisoners of war... after fifteen minutes of this crap, they would confess anything not to watch any more of it. If you like watching grass grow, this is the film for you... but then, on second thought, it is more boring than that. Grass has beauty.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, terrible film, Feb. 10 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Rushmore (DVD)
what a pitifully bad flick. jason schwartzman's career started and ended here. pass on this bomb.

1.0 out of 5 stars the "English Patient" of weird comedies, Aug. 26 2003
telmar "telmar" (Camp Hill, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rushmore (The Criterion Collection) [Import] (DVD)
With all due respect to those who like this film, I don't get it. Somehow this strikes me as a "genre" edgy comedy, as if the screenwriters and director assumed that if they simply made a film in the style of a "Welcome to the Dollhouse", that it would work as well as that film (or countless other "different" comedies) did. No need for an entertaining plot, interesting dialogue, intriguing characters, comedic lines... I find it hard to believe that this is simply a matter of a difference in taste, as I couldn't find a remotely funny thing in this movie, and it dragged on forever. I watched it figuring there would be a twist, something I had missed, some reason why the average rating here is so high, but I found none. Areas that could be played for comedy seem to just fizzle out. Comedic lines go nowhere. The characters generally don't hold the viewer's interest. I notice some other people giving it 1 star, so I suppose this is a "love-it-or-hate-it" movie. The curious thing is I would've expected to be on the "love it" side, since I'm a big fan of quirky comedies.
Ever see the Seinfeld episode where Elaine is forced to rewatch the movie she loathes (which everyone else seems to love), The English Patient? Well, I agreed with Elaine on The English Patient, and I feel the same way about this movie. The English Patient seemed to me to be a movie written in the "Academy Award" genre - it had all the elements of an Oscar-winning movie - elaborate sets, a foreign setting, a romance, people putting on airs. Except it was excruciatingly painful to sit through, was extremely predictable, had zero character depth, and virtually no plot. Critics seemed to like it unanimously. "Rushmore" is the "English Patient" of weird comedies. It seems to be for people who think it is "hip" to like an edgy comedy but can't tell the difference between a good one and a bad one. I hated it, regardless of the critical consensus, and I really have no idea what others see in it. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring boring boring, Aug. 7 2003
This review is from: Rushmore (The Criterion Collection) [Import] (DVD)
I bought this dvd and I still feel sorry for that.
No humour at all. Can't understand that people like this film.
Didn't laugh once. A comedy? Not for me. Was happy when the film was over, yes I watched the entire film, hoping it would improve. But it didn't. Waste of time.

1.0 out of 5 stars The emperor isn't wearing any clothes, Oct. 25 2002
This review is from: Rushmore (VHS Tape)
This is one of those movies that people think is great because it has the ATTITUDE of greatness It has the ATTITUDE of hilarity. It has the ATTITUDE of cleverness.
Bill Murray is great, but otherwise this is just [junk].
When I saw this in the theater, I was squirming wildly in my seat for the last half-hour, dying to go home but hoping something interesting might happen. It didn't, though.
NOBODY in the theater laughed even once.
The perky soundtrack helped a little. Otherwise the unrelieved dreariness would have made me walk out.
I heard they did a huge search to find just the right nerdy kid to play the lead character, and almost didn't make the movie because they had so much trouble finding him.
How absurd. The lead role, like the movie itself, was totally empty.
This kid tries to hit on his attractive teacher again and again, but guess what? She's not interested.
A girl at school likes him but he only likes the teacher. At the end though, he suddenly decides he likes the girl after all. Bill Murray, meanwhile, pairs off with the teacher. Even the nerd's father gets a girlfriend!
That's it folks. That's all there is. Don't waste your time with this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Better than any sleeping pill!, Aug. 1 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Rushmore (The Criterion Collection) [Import] (DVD)
I read the reviews of this movie and heard it was good and I loved the Royal Tenebaums so I rented it. The movie had no momentum to it; it was just boring all the way though. I don't recommend watching movie unless you want to fall asleep!

‹ Previous | 141 42 43 | Next ›