5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!
This album has the same qualities of othe pantera albums!
I really like it! it is playing in my car since i received for 3 weeks now!
Published on Jan. 20 2011 by Crazy

3.0 out of 5 stars long live pantera
their weakest album yet but how could they beat vulgar or cowboys ,its still a great album come on man its goddam electric
Published on Jan. 11 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!, Jan. 20 2011
This review is from: Reinventing the Steel (Audio CD)
This album has the same qualities of othe pantera albums!
I really like it! it is playing in my car since i received for 3 weeks now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably Their Best!!!, June 30 2004
Offensive Donkey (Your Old Lady's Doorstep) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reinventing the Steel (Audio CD)
This is probably Pantera's finest release. If there is one. i mean, all of their albums are so heavy and good, it's hard to say which one is best. But this one is probably their best one ever. Unfortunately, it was also their last one, with Vinnie and Dime forming Damageplan and Phil going with Superjoint Ritual and Down. But this album really ROCKZ! Just everything about it. There were no hit singles off this album, which shows that the band will never sell out to anything or anyone. Songs like 'Goddamn Electric' and 'I'll Cast A Shadow' I think should be included with their classic material, like 'Walk', and 'Cemetary Gates'. This is one of those essential albums that no true headbanger should be without.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pantera has Reinvented the steel, June 9 2004
This review is from: Reinventing the Steel (Audio CD)
I believe metal to have been invented by Slayer/Metallica, etc. in the early 80's. Pantera reinvented this sound in the early 90's. Bottom line: this album will kick you in the balls!

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the last true metal cds?, June 4 2004
The Deac (Bristow, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reinventing the Steel (Audio CD)
Pantera always had a sound all their own. And with the growing trends of today (namely hardcore), it is unlikely to hear pure heavy metal like this again. While RTS is not Pantera's best effort, the album still slays, and will have your blood boiling for quite some time.
Unfortunately with this album, it truly has highs and lows. Hellbound, Goddamn Electric, Yesterday Don't Mean Sh*t, Revolution Is My Name & I'll Cast A Shadow all became instant classics. The rest of the album is pretty forgettable though. But those 5 songs are worth the price of the album. They are what heavy metal is all about.
It is sad to see Damageplan and Superjoint Ritual today, knowing that this is what we could be getting instead. Though RTS is not Vulgar, Far Beyond or Trendkill, it blows away anything either of those bands have done.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4ever Pantera, May 27 2004
This review is from: Reinventing the Steel (Audio CD)
I love Pantera, and I darn sure love this album too. This is pure true metal and the way it should be. Yesterday Don't Mean Sh**, Revolution Is My Name, Hell Bound, Godamn Electric, Uplift, and Death Rattle are my favorite songs on here. Phil Anselmo's screaming vocals are cool as always, Dimebag Darrell is the best metal guitarist ever, and his solos will just rip your flesh off. Rex Brown's bass work is very good on here, and Vinnie Paul's thunderous drum work just excellent. Pantera are an awesome band, they blow that joker Avril Lavigne right out of the water and into the toilet where she belongs. Excellent cd, buy this now. Pantera rules.

5.0 out of 5 stars Punishing and Brutally Loud...but far from best., May 25 2004
This review is from: Reinventing the Steel (Audio CD)
Let me just say that this album kicks ass! This album contains Pantera's most intelligent lyrics and brutal riffs. Although its by far the worst Pantera has released... it still is one of the greatest works of metal. I would rate the albums of Pantera like this:
1. The Great Southern Trendkill (the real best of Pantera...real thrash metal at its near-best.)
2. Vulgar Display of Power/ Far Beyond Driven (considered the best for some but remains a second for me. Contains the classics and all.)
3. Cowboys from Hell (the debut that started it all...I think. heheheh. Who would ever forget the title track?)
4.Reinventing the Steel (great work from the masters but sadly its the last.)
5. Power Metal (its an album released back in the 80's by Pantera when they were still glam rock.)
The best tracks are:
1) Revolution is my Name (one of the greatest ever)
2) Goddamn Electric (funky groove)
3) I'll Cast A Shadow (beautiful closer...pounds the hell out of ya)

5.0 out of 5 stars pantera delivers 100%, May 8 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Reinventing the Steel (Audio CD)
this albums kicks ass. its nothing but pure old-fashioned southern style heavy metal. no sell-out trends here. every single song is a winner, from the opening kick-you-in-the-balls track "hellbound" to the amazing instrumental sections in "revolution is my name" to the slow, grinding, brutally heavy riffs of "it makes them disappear." it might be my favorite pantera album, other than maybe vulgar display of power. if you are a pantera fan and are suffering from damageplan/superjoint backlash and have not yet checked out this album, do yourself a favor and buy it. it will remind you of the good ol days when pantera ruled the world of metal, and how they still would if they hadnt broken up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the venom of the Texan rattlesnake!, April 13 2004
This review is from: Reinventing the Steel (Audio CD)
This is an excellent record which hits you where you least expect-put this in your CD player, turn the volume up high, and let Pantera take over! You will have no regrets in getting this record!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Death Rattle Shakes!", April 12 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Reinventing the Steel (Audio CD)
This pantera album is the heaviest out of all the pantera albums I have. This album is very brutal and awesome. Every song is great, not one bad song; not to mention the cover is pretty hardcore itself. Here's my ranking of each song from 1 to 10 (10 being great and 1 being awful)
1. Hellbound--9/10-awesome openner; it is deafening and rowdy
2. Godda** Electric--8/10-my least favorite, however that does not mean I don't like this song; it is a very good song. Really raw and heavy.
3. Yesterday Don't Mean S***--9/10-fast, heavy, aggressive, all the qualities that a good heavy metal song should have.
4. You've Got To Belong To It--10/10-incredible song, it really kicks your @$$.
5. Revolution Is My Name--10/10-one of my favorite songs. amazing drum rhythms.
6. Death Rattle--10/10-another favorite, this song is extremely fast and extremely brutal.
7. We'll Gring That Axe For A Long Time--9/10-killer song!!
8. Uplift--9/10-another killer kick-@$$ song!
9. It Makes Them Disappear--9/10-another brutal song, very gutteral.
10. I'll Cast A Shadow--9.5/10-fantastic closer, fun to headbang to.
I don't know why a few people put this album down, this is a tremendous metal album!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pantera stil got it!, March 2 2004
Lucifer666 (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reinventing the Steel (Audio CD)
I love pantera & Phil's vocals are one of the best yet! I own basically all of their albums and dvds, posters, etc... I feel that after so many years working hard in music they deserv getting my support to the fullest! I been to every concert pantera gone and i must say that they give a hell of a live show! I cherish and im a huge fan of pantera and i hope they never stop making music! Now, reinventing the steel pantera's latest album realy did impress me, because even tho it wasnt like the other albums... It still show pantera's brutal side insted of just their melodic guitar solo side. There's basically no guitar solo's here and its just straight in your face brutality... Non-stop! Pantera is great! Support them!

ARRAY(0xb2a41b4c)

Reinventing the Steel
Reinventing the Steel by Pantera (Audio CD - 2000)