5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Hits (2000)
Whitney Houston has been one of my favorites ever since I was 2 years old. I can't believe that I've been a fan of hers for the past 17 years. I remember how I used to play Whitney's ALL AT ONCE, which I had on the 45, constantly and I still have not yet gotten tired of it. This double disc album is beyond incredible and you all should add it to your collections...
Published on May 6 2004 by Chad DeFeo

3.0 out of 5 stars 1st disc - great, 2nd disc - forget it
I give the first disc 5 stars - all her great ballads, which is what she is truly famous for. I give the second disc 2 stars - the new material is nice, some of the mixes are nice, but ultimately a waste of time. The second disc should have been a remix album released seperately from this package. Instead the second disc should have been the original versions of these...
Published on Jan. 20 2004 by Jake Z

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, June 1 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I wanted to hear the music as it played on air, not constant thumping of remixes.

3.0 out of 5 stars well, Dec 30 2003
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
The first disc is good, but the second is not worth listening to.

4.0 out of 5 stars her best stuff plus a few new tunes, March 17 2003
Sherance M. Brothers (Jasper, Alabama United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
if you love whitney get this if not well pass it on by.

1.0 out of 5 stars Whitney Houston Greatest Hits - not, Jan. 1 2010
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I love the old Whitney Houston, but this cd takes her songs and makes them into dance mixes.
It would be fine if you had the original version on the cd as well, but some of those songs are missing.
Extremely disappointed with this purchase!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy the U.K. version..., May 1 2009
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I'm not sure who came up with the track-listing for this collection (it could have been Whitney, Clive or anyone else at Arista) but this is a huge disservice to Whitney's fans in North America. The decision to not even include the original versions of her biggest up-tempo hits, and to instead to put remixes is just ridiculous and nothing more than an attempt to get people to go and buy her studio albums in addition to this collection.

The following hits are NOT in there regular form and instead, are remixed:

-It's Not Right But It's Okay
-I Learned From the Best
-Step by Step
-I'm Every Woman
-Queen of the Night
-Love Will Save the Day
-I'm Your Baby Tonight
-I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)
-How Will I Know
-So Emotional

How could they call this a greatest hits collection when the hit versions of these songs are not even on here? "It's Not Right but It's Okay" is an exception because the Thunderpuss remix did eclipse the original version. And the mix of "Love Will Save The Day" isn't dramatically different from the album version and it's actually better. It would be great if they had a third disc that was dedicated to the remixes (which don't get me wrong, are for the most part decent) and then still had the second disc keeping the songs in their original form.

I recommend getting the European version of this collection (Greatest Hits). It's a little pricey but it contains all of the original versions of the aforementioned hits (sans "Queen of the night", which is still in remix mode) and also contains 4 of the remixes ("It's Not Right, But It's Okay", "I Will Always Love You?, "Greatest Love Of All" and "I'm Your Baby Tonight"). That is how it should have been in every continent.

I gave this CD 2 stars because besides the MASSIVE omissions, it still showcases Whitney, who in my opinion is the greatest singer in pop history. Her voice is breathtaking and certainly in a league of it's own. She really can sing anything and tailor her amazing voice to basically any genre. She may have endured a lot of personal struggles but we shouldn't forget all of the great work she has done over the years.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst possible cd, May 25 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This cd is the same as william hung. It deserves a throw in the garbage can just like her singer. This album has bad words and whitney lost her voice completly. This is completly not worth the money

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits by Whitney Houston (Audio CD - 2000)