4.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Choice
Published on Jan. 27 2012 by Elaine K

2.0 out of 5 stars liked it but then.....
thought this product worked great at first. used it about 8 times, no problems. then one day, plugged it in, corn started to pop, then halfheartedly, then stopped popping with still 1/2 kernels unpopped. tried plugging it in to another plug. a few more kernels popped but then died almost immediately. thought i would try it again a couple nights later. worked as well...
Published on Oct. 17 2012 by dickens

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Choice, Jan. 27 2012
Elaine K (Kingston,ontario ,Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: West Bend 82306X Stir Crazy 6-Quart Electric Popcorn Popper,Black (Kitchen)
This was a Christmas gift to my daughter and her family who were always eating microwave brands of popcorn. They had mentioned the health benefits of old fashioned made popcorn. They are very happy with the appliance which is easy to use and easy to clean. The flavor of the popcorn is natural and much tastier. The grandkids love to see the popping action taking place.
Caution: For the first try ,use half of recommended amount of seeds, then adjust over time and experience to higher number of seeds if need be. My families' trail run ended up being a popcorn volcano . The corn kept popping and popping . Once the lid was full it kept rising and rising and lift off. Popcorn all over the counter. Fun was had by all, many laughs .No damage done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best popcorn maker on the market, Sept. 2 2011
This is by far the best popcorn maker on the market. I have had mine for over 5 years and it works perfectly. My parents have tried several other poppers and none are comparable.

Very easy to use, just add popcorn and oil and plug in. I do recommend transferring the popcorn to a separate bowl to eat because dropping it can cause the top/bowl to crack.

Try this and you will never go back to microwave.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is cool, Oct. 19 2012
This popcorn popper makes good popcorn, however it is easy to burn the popcorn so make sure you keep an eye on it. Maybe start with the smallest amount in the instruction manual and work your way up. I would have given it a half star as well but amazon wont let me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we were looking for, Jan. 3 2014
We bought in the past several other means of popping corn, but did not last, burned the popcorn etc... This one does the job and we made some shaker with different flavor, and we did some test with our own shaker in different flavor, this way we can control the salt intake, it makes for an healthy snack perfect..

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy., March 12 2014
I was looking at switching from my microwave popcorn and so after much investigation by my husband he discovered that this was supposed to be the best. I have made a few bowls thus far and am very happy with this product. Pops really well and cleans very easily. Am looking forward to trying out different oils for different tastes.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent unit, well made, Nov. 14 2014
johnb1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is an excellent unit, well made, simple design, easy to operate. We use just the regular yellow popcorn which pops 100%. The children really love the popcorn finished product especially when the butter dispenser is used. With easy clean up and operation this unit rocks. We have always had an air popper previous to this and I must say this system is light years ahead of those. The only negative if you want to call it one is the fact that it does not automatically shut of itself when complete and will burn the bottom section of the corn if not kept an eye on. Once you know when to shut it off its 100%. A very minor problem. Would recommend this to all. Canada

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product., Oct. 25 2013
I just love this popper, only you have to buy good quality kernels, otherwise you will think the machine is failing by not popping all the kernels. I give 4 stars, because the instructions say that the machine finishes in about 6 minutes, but actually it can take even more than 10 to pop all kernels.

We prefer to preheat for about 1 to 2 minutes, and then introduce the kernels and in about 5 minutes, we will have very good taste pop corn. If you use the proper brand of kernels, you end up with no more than 5 unpopped kernels.

I highly recommend this product! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stir Crazy Rocks, May 20 2013
This is the third West Bend Stir Crazy I've had over about 20 years. I make popcorn at least 3 times a week. I've lately tried another brand of the same style lately (a copycat of West Bend) but subtle differences made the Stir Crazy reign supreme. Namely. the butter lid on the stir crazy stays on and tight where the other brand (Salton) falls off and left butter stain on my carpet and clothes. The handles on the bowl part of the stir crazy are concave thereby keeping them clean whereas the other popper handles are flat and allowed and allowed the steam and greases from the popping to pool there forcing you to deal with a mess just to pick it up, and third, the other popper you had to catch the popcorn immediately after it stopped popping or else it would burn the popcorn immediately. The Sstir Crazy give you more leeway for flipping it over which is good if you're not in the room at the exact time the popping is done...without burning.

Keep up the good work West Bend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome popper, Jan. 21 2013
Hi there! We love this popper. We love it so much we've been scouring the shops for all of our kids to have one too! We have two cottages and have one in each of them as well! This makes economical and healthy popcorn. Who knows what kind of stuff is in Microwave popcorn these days. What could be healthier than 100% veg oil.... plain popcorn.... and pure creamery butter? Just telling you about it is making me hungry so I'll go make a bowl right now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7 2014
love making sweet and salty kettle corn in this thing! makes it fast and clean up is a breeze!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›