4.0 out of 5 stars P!nk!
Pink is so talented and I regard her as an Urban artist because she can change genres easily switching from R&B, Pop or even Rock. She has great instincts in knowing what songs will/won't work for her. Plus add the cool factor that she possesses and it makes her music complete.

Published on June 6 2012 by C. Preston

3.0 out of 5 stars Pink... nice album... not best work
She shows herself too rebel... showing herself as an unwanted enemy... music is good and her voice is unique, so it gives the album a special sound, i like it... but compared to other albums i think this is not her best work...
Published on July 15 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars P!nk!, June 6 2012
C. Preston "Tunes Junkie" (Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)

1.Split Personality: This is a great R&B song with a hit of pop. I just love the great bluesy tone she has to her voice. This is a great song to dance to.....so let's all hit the dance floor....now ...TAG! Ha! Ha!

2.Most Girls: I just loved this song when it originally hit the airwaves. The beats in it are cool & keep the song flowing. Love the lyrics.....so true and we know she sure isn't like most girls...thankfully! Another track thats cool to dance to...loads of rhythm.

3.There You Go: I remember when this song first came out & they played it on MTV with the video...that video was so great! Loved the ending to it! That was hilarious! This is another great pop/R&B track. Great vocalists accompany her on this song; sounds great! Love how she lyrically talks about the "game"! She just exudes that "don't bull me" persona! Yeah!

4.You Make Me Sick: I love her talking in the intro on this song...so true...we have to stick together! Great song again to dance to...the beats are wicked awesome! Keeps the song progressing from start to finish!

5.Let Me Let You Know: This is a softer side of P!nks character here. Great R&B love song....or I should say a "goodbye" love song! This one is a nice slow song to dance to with your honey!

6.Private Show: Great funky pop tune...great collaboration with the male singer as background. Her voice sounds so great and I think the more one hears her voice especially on headphones you recognize how good her range is. This is another great tune to shake our booties to at the club!

7.Can't Take Me Home: P!nk strips it down here lyrically another pop/R&B tune about love again. Somehow P!nk knows how to make her music "street" cred and popular as a result of her ability to crossover. You can depend on her to "keep it real"!

8.Stop Falling: This is another R&B ballad and so well done. I have had this song on my playlist since it came out. I love the breathy tones in her voice. She keeps it soft here in the intro to establish the storytelling in the song. Just a really beautiful song to the max!

9.Hiccup: This song was just so cool.....pop with those beats that just keep you pumping it on the dance floor! Love how she sings "Hic cup cup cup"! Full of soul & rhythm......again great accompanying artists in the backgrounds!

10.Is It Love: Love the percussion in this song ...the intro sounds so cool. Use of the drums were paramount in this CD throughout. Great song about the angst of teenage love! Cool little pop song!

These are the tracks I liked on this CD. Hope you get to check it out. If you want a good CD especially to put on at a party & get them up dancing then I'd spin this one!

Cheers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, Jan. 5 2004
BamaGirl70 (Birmingham Alabama) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
I give this album four stars even though I thought I'd be getting an album full of Pink anger and growling vocals, but instead I bought the Toni Braxton version of Pink. She sings as well as ever, but to this monotonous rap beat music that after the first two songs you wonder if the cd player got stuck and is replaying the same song over and over.
I would give it two stars because I'm not a fan of this music style, but Pink's voice is too good to do it that kind of injustice. Buy this album if you like Toni Braxton. Don't buy it if you expect to hear some original Pink.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this CD!!, Dec 19 2003
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
This is how I ws introduced to Pink....this CD was great. Fun beats. Good thumps! Even poigant slow jams! I was quite pleased...its her subsequent releases that have done nothing for me....

1.0 out of 5 stars She's not talented, Oct. 23 2003
Brandon L. Harlow (Colonial Heights, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
Her punk schtick is just a facade to make up for her incredible lack of talent. Stink is fast on her way to has-been status.

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Disappointed, Oct. 16 2003
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
I bought her album Misundaztood and was so upbeat about getting this album to go with it. What a disappointment! This album is very different with a very monotonous rap background music on almost every song. This album is not near as good, nor shows the talent of this entertainer that she demonstrated on other CD. If you like Rap music that is about the same in every song with just a change of words but with the same background, you might want to spend money on this album. Otherwise, buy Misundaztood, skip this one, and hope for better things on her next release.

2.0 out of 5 stars CAN'T TAKE HOME SO MUCH FILLER CUTS!, Oct. 4 2003
S. Quinto (Guatemala, Guatemala) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
Pink's debut album should be consider a missed step in her music career, "Missundeztood" is way superior to this!. Not that this recopilation of wannabe R&B songs have no good high points, to be more specific, this is the track rewiews, "Split Personality" the open track, features a story telling of somebody with TWO FACES, this is one of the few songs, that are safe, and nice too listen to it, good post britney beats, "Hell Wit Ya" I don't know if they intended to put the nice songs, first, but it seems like they did, Hell.... is a fast track sending somebody you know where..., "Most Girls" I guess this is the best track, but tooo looong, radiot edit , please, great background, great lyrics, "There You Go" this debut single sounded like many songs produced by Kandi and Shekespere by that time, it's just another track, that does not harm, is not one of my favorite I must say, well there you go looking pitiful, "You Make Me Sick" third single, wasn't a hit, but best video of the three, ok song, "Let Me Let You KNow" the parade of filler tracks began here, anoying ballad song, "Love Is Such a Crazy Thing", anoying piano, pop and r&b, and robotic beats, "Private Show" at the beginnig sounds like is gonna be great but ends up been another drawning track, "Can't Take Me Home" sounds like all those not apporting nothin' new tracks, anoying, no worth it, can't take me to mama, can't take me to papa, whassup with that?, "Stop Falling" great vocals, this song is should have been more exploded with her vocal range, but serves well, "Do What U Do" oh oh oh oh oh!, hate that part, no good!, "Hiccup" this track even do has a funny title is one of the best tracks in the whole cd, I love it, when she does like that desperate singing!, it's great tune, "Is It Love" filler period. This album is really full with filler tracks, drop outs of other artist, is better to not see this part of Pink!, If you can get the singles, all three are available. No wonder she put out her second album so fast and change her musical style that made her a international star rock-pop way to go Pink.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pink... nice album... not best work, July 15 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Energy Packed, July 2 2003
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
This CD keeps me focused on my tasks at work. I keep it on to keep an upbeat feeling in the air.

1.0 out of 5 stars This album [stinks]., May 31 2003
"damondogsb" (Enfield, NH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
I don't know why I bought this album in the first place. I probably was thinking that all the songs on here would be good, just because I liked one of the singles. This is a horrible album. It is really consistent and you can tell that this has nothing to do with her real life. I'm sad to say that Pink should've never completed this [bad] album.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Debut!!!, May 13 2003
This review is from: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
"Can't Take Me Home" is a great debut from a very talented artist. Not only can Pink sing well, but she also has a knack for conveying so many of the emotions women around her age feel. This isn't a particularly deep album (much like Pink's sophomore effort "Mizudastood"), but the songs are good and are very entertaining. So many times when I first listened to this CD I thought, "Did she really just say that?" Pink really lets it all go and doesn't try to hold back with these tracks.
I've heard recently that Pink was upset with this album because she felt that this wasn't really her and that she was giving in to the powers-that-be back when teen pop was huge. To me, this CD stood out from all of the Britneys, Christinas, and Jessicas out there. This CD dealt with things that went beyond having a crush and thinking you're in love at a young age. I have to give props to Pink for her ability to write songs that actually apply to life and not just what happens to be trendy at the moment.
Stand-out tracks:
You Make Me Sick
Let Me Let You Know
Love is Such a Crazy Thing
Can't Take Me Home
Stop Falling
This is one CD you'll want to own! Pink is a refreshing addition to the music industry and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

Can't Take Me Home
Can't Take Me Home by P!NK (Audio CD - 2000)
Click for more info