5.0 out of 5 stars Pink dances to her own vibe.
Published on Aug. 25 2002 by junior_mints104

3.0 out of 5 stars (3-1/2 stars) It's good, but...
I fell asleep with my television on one night and I woke up hearing "There You Go". I wasn't looking at the TV so I assumed it was a black woman singing. I turned around and...well, you know the rest.
Published on Jan. 27 2003 by Anthony Rupert

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Debut!!!, May 13 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
"Can't Take Me Home" is a great debut from a very talented artist. Not only can Pink sing well, but she also has a knack for conveying so many of the emotions women around her age feel. This isn't a particularly deep album (much like Pink's sophomore effort "Mizudastood"), but the songs are good and are very entertaining. So many times when I first listened to this CD I thought, "Did she really just say that?" Pink really lets it all go and doesn't try to hold back with these tracks.
I've heard recently that Pink was upset with this album because she felt that this wasn't really her and that she was giving in to the powers-that-be back when teen pop was huge. To me, this CD stood out from all of the Britneys, Christinas, and Jessicas out there. This CD dealt with things that went beyond having a crush and thinking you're in love at a young age. I have to give props to Pink for her ability to write songs that actually apply to life and not just what happens to be trendy at the moment.
Stand-out tracks:
You Make Me Sick
Let Me Let You Know
Love is Such a Crazy Thing
Can't Take Me Home
Stop Falling
This is one CD you'll want to own! Pink is a refreshing addition to the music industry and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

3.0 out of 5 stars (3-1/2 stars) It's good, but..., Jan. 27 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
When I first listened to this album, I thought it was great. Then I listened to her second album and I couldn't get into it at first because, well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But then I listened to both albums again, and I realized that the second album was more accessible and entertaining.
There are SOME interesting songs on here, though. "Most Girls" talks about her looking for a man who will give her real love instead of just marrying into money, for example. "You Make Me Sick" is also interesting as it talks about not being able to let go of an unworthy man; a topic that wasn't as played-out back in '99 as it is now. But the rest of this album is sort of weird.
It's not that Pink isn't talented, but it seems like except for the aforementioned songs, this album had tracks that were basically style over substance. It seems like her songs have attitude and not much else, especially songs like the title track, "Hell With Ya", and even "There You Go". "There You Go" was great for a first single (it did go gold, after all), but a lot of the other songs on the album are like that. "Hiccup" sounds like it was thrown together at the last minute, and the mellow "Stop Falling" really doesn't belong on here.
This album isn't bad by any means. Still, I'm glad that Pink seems to have found her place with her second album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink dances to her own vibe., Aug. 25 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
I bought this CD when it first came out two years ago and I still absolutely love it. For me, it was a fresh, new style and a change from all the other female artists on the scene. Here was a girl (sorry...woman) who's strong and not afraid to stand up for herself, and OH MY GOD she has pink hair. But this CD is full of hits that weren't recognized by the public and an honesty unparallelled by anyone - and all this on a debut album!!! The songs are catchy and her voice is different, but different sometimes just means unique, which makes her songs all the more beautiful. Here's a quick review of the CD:
1. Split Personality: I will never EVER get tired of this song. It has heart, it has rythym, it's catchy, and it is HOT! - 10
2. Hell Wit Ya: This is my fave song on the album. Pink shows you who's in control with the fast beat and hard lyrics. - 10
3. Most Girls: This song rocks also, as I'm sure you all know. Pink is NOT most girls. So it was overplayed, who cares. - 9.5
4. There You Go: The first single off this album and the second I heard it I knew it rocked my world. Not exactly your classic-style break-up (love the motorcycle though) - 10
5. You Make Me Sick: Another hit single from a hit album. Pink's a little daring with her lyrics as well - 9.5
6. Let Me Let You Know: This is least inspiring on the album. It's slower, and wasn't really pulled off to Pink's advantage if you ask me - 7
7. Love Is Such A Crazy Thing: Another slow one, a little disappointing as well but I guess it could catch on - 7.5
8. Private Show: The story of guys put into song form, and I have zero complaints. Nice groove - 9
9. Can't Take Me Home: The title track, and rightfully so. It displays Pink's will to express yourself in this in-your-face beater song. - 9.5
10. Stop Falling: This "ballad" (I hate that word) was pulled off absolutely beautifully, as Pink bares her soul and allows you to understand her a little better. - 9.5
11. Do What U Do: A great fast track but I think it's lacking a little something of the depth expressed in the rest of the album - 8
12. Hiccup: Also a fun song, you couldn't have thought it'd be serious with a name like "Hiccup". Good rhythm (sp?) - 8.5
13. Is It Love: Another great song, though not on a typical Pink topic. The lyrics are cute but painfully honest at the same time. Great way to end - 9
As you could probably guess, I strongly recommend this CD. If you're looking for a little hip-hop influence to take off the edge, you might also like Pink's latest, Missundaztood (another killer album). But I can't say which one is better, they're both so different and everything is riding on personal taste. Anyhow, if you know what's good for you, you shouldn't wait much longer before you buy this CD and get some Pink in your life. THIS CD ROCKS!!!
PS. My favourite colour is red.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Like Most Girls, July 18 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
P!nk made her debut as a rather dime a dozen man-hating R&B vixen. The only thing that really set her apart being the skin tone and the hair color. Three good, but common place singles were released - "There You Go", "Most Girls", and "You Make Me Sick" - all with the basic theme of women not needing men. The album uses plenty of urban and pop cliche, yet still manages to rise above it, do to the personality of the singer, and the better than average sings using the same old themes. The whole album is good, but obviously made to be commercial. Good quality tunes, but their isn't any soul put into them. The only song I feel any personality in is the confused "Split Personality". It's not the real P!nk on this record, and after a chart topping stint as a Lady Marmalade girl, she let her true colors show with the dynamic "M!ssundaztood". Unlike this release, you can feel her personality being reflected in the songs. Both albums are great, and kinda leave P!nk's music career with a sort of split personality. Solid debut effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best CDs in the pop world out!!, March 28 2002
M. J. Moore (Chicago, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
Pink is a singer with a very diverse style as is evidenced by the hip-hop, R&B of her debut and the pop rock of her sophomore effort. Both definitely show Pink's taste for various genres of music. Her debut CD, CAN'T TAKE ME HOME which has sold more than 2 million copies to date, was released in April of 2000 with THERE YOU GO as the lead single promoting the disc. Although I did not really care for the song initially, I decided to take a chance and buy the cd. I am very happy that I took the chance. Thank you Lord because this is a kind of music that we rarely hear from white singers. I mean Pink did her thing by just coming in and singing music that mainly African-Americans were singing and fitting it into her own style. She instantly became the ghetto, homegirl for many representing the White Urban side of America that many people do not know about.
SPLIT PERSONALITY-This 1st song is a very good introduction to the world of Pink with its somewhat weird and schizophrenic beat. Pink is dealing with both of her personalities here with one of them singing and the other talking. Though it takes a while to get used to, it is a very nice song like none other. A-
HELL WIT YA-One can tell that this was produced by Shekspere because it has a similar beat to his other hits THERE YOU GO and NO SCRUBS. This could have definitely been a single with its fast and catching beat. Here Pink is telling her cheating lover that he can move on to seomeone new b/c she is done with him. Pink really lets loose vocally on this song allowing us to feel the true anger that she possesses. This is certainly one of my favorites on the disc. A+
MOST GIRLS-Second single which has been one of Pink's biggest hits thus far. The song was released in the summer of 2000 which was fitting taken that it is a summer song. As is known, it is great to make choreographed dance moves to and it also has a rockish vibe to it especially towards the end when the guitar riff comes in. While other girls were singing about men paying the bills, Pink was talking about a man who showed real love. A+
THERE YOU GO-First single with a NO SCRUBS, SAY MY NAME kind of feel. You can really feel the energy from Pink here and the jittery beat is great making one want to dance. A+
YOU MAKE ME SICK-Third single released in the winter of 2000 and beginning of 2001 also promoting the movie SAVE THE LAST DANCE. Here, Pink really does not sing instead flowing which is a combo of singing and rapping, against the bell-backgrounded, smooth beat. Another of my favorites. A+
Let Me Let You Know-Midtempo, R&B song that Pink really handles well. For the first time, we get to hear Pink's voice without having the beat dominating. The song does sound old school but it is not out of place here on the CD as is grows on one after repeated listens. A
LOVE IS SUCH A CRAZY THING-A mid-tempo, ballad-like song where Pink finally sings about loving someone. The beat is impressive and Pink just ably coasts along on the song fully sounding comfortable as she goes along. A+
PRIVATE SHOW-This uptempo song is definitely hip-hop as Pink sounds like someone who is laying the rules down. The beat is once again great and is a good song to dance to. A
CAN'T TAKE ME HOME-Truly a fast uptempo hip-hop song that Pink sounds nice on. There are some good background vocals and the song could have definitely been released as a summer 2001 or even spring 2001 single. This is the title track and it lives up to its name. A
STOP FALLING-The only "real" ballad which is very calm and sweet. Pink starts off comfortably in a soft, soprano voice but by the time the song has reached the end we get to hear Pink truly belt it out as she tells someone that she is really not ready for a fully serious relationship. Almost anyone will enjoy this song. A+
DO WHAT YOU DO-A midtempo where Pink encourages people to do whatever they feel best that is right. It has a very rappish feel to it and is definitely a song that could be rapped to. It is however the weakest track on the CD as many others have mentioned but still good. A-
HICCUP-Fast and aggressive song with a very decent hip-hop beat. There is nice interlude where Pink displays some nice vocals. The song definitely works.
IS IT LOVE-Another one of my favories where Pink asks if the love she is sharing is real or is it a curse. The beat is certainly unique and Pink easily fits in with the song. An excellent closing song with great backgrounds. There are layers to this song where Pink sings different verses. A+
Overall, an A+ with an A enjoyment. This CD is much better than MISSUNDAZTOOD which works very little. My question is how can Pink go from singing this kind of music to that rockish... Definitely buy this CD and be prepared to dance and really enjoy yourself!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Take Her Home, But You Can Take This CD!, March 8 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
No one has made an R&B debut that has impressed me half as much as Pink. Here's why:
1. Split Personality- "You don't know me well enough to label me sick, or even disturbed.." What a way to start an album! It surprises with it's quirky beat, fresh two-sided thoughts from Pink's spilt personality. "Everybody's got his ennities, I got a split personality." #1 potenetial, shocking look at life.
2. Hell Wit' Ya- "Yeah, I remember that time we went to Pizza Hut, you told me she was your cousin." Talks about a lousy player who doesn't know how to treat the girl who cares about him (Pink) For anyone and everyone who's been in a bad relationship.
3. Most Girls- Her terrific #1 song. Most girls may want moolah, but Pink just wants real love. If you haven't heard it, you have to. Also check out her singles for "Most Girls," they include some really great mixes.
4. There You Go- The song that started it all for this beautiful new diva. A #1 better than any Britney song you've ever heard. Also check out the single for this one. Dare you not to sing along!
5. You Make Me Sick- Pink's latest #1. I mean, how hot is this song? "You make me sick, I want you and I'm hatin' it!" "You got me goin' again, baby you got me goin' again." A little hard to understand at first. I think you'll love it once you give it a try. Hate to be repetative, but check out this single, too. REALLY awesome mixes. *****
6.Let Me Let You Know- This is some REAL R&B stuff here. Not a personal favorite, but a good song to unwind with.
7. Love is such a Crazy Thing- The classical piano intro, the sultry guitar, the funky strings and drums. Oh, what a song! Pink confesses her love in this one, a break from the girl power theme, "Is this love for real?" Very nicely suited to her range.
8. Private Show- This is my favorite song of the album, and just listen to it once to see why. "See I don't wanna meet on a lonely street, where the talk is cheap and the price is sweet..... And you don't wanna see the other side of me so I'm gonna hit you off and I'ma set you free before you fall too deep." What more is there to say?
9. Can't Take Me Home- Okay, a lot of the "F Word" in here, but it's understandable. As I've pointed out, the fact that this is the song the album is named after says a lot about Pink's personality. Or at least one of them. This one can take a while to grow on you.
10.Stop Falling- Who can resist the vocals in this? Pink's sexy, scartchy voice, and her sad tone and sad story her song tells will move you. I think the climax where she shows off her range is wonderful!
11.Do What U Do- Hey, whatever you're comfortable doing, do it! Directed to anyone and everyone. However you are, be comfortable with it. Great message, the tune could use a little work. ****
12. Hiccup- "Why every time I try to tell you how I feel, it's like a hiccup-cup-cup it just won't come come." Such a different song from anything else out there. "Pink don't think before she speak, but you got me feelin' feelin' feelin' kinda weak" ****
13.Is It Love- Oh, my! Pink is in love- she thinks, but she's not sure what's up with her man. One of my favorite songs, from this album or any other! *****

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Intelligent Work, Nov. 22 2001
Andre L. Gardner "zeroepiphany" (Chicago, Il) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
Pink's debut album _Can't Take Me Home_ is an incredibly honest, talent-ridden collection of beautifully produced songs from a refreshing artist.
Pink's most notable characteristic is her brightly-plumed hair, indicative of her fluorescent personality. Lacking of many artists, Pink is a joy to see working; an intriguing individual with an interesting life story. Experiences as a club dancer, skater kid, raver, lead singer of a rock band, member of a gospel choir were surely informed by the life experiences of the throw-away from a divorced home.
_Can't Take Me Home_ is a much more personal work than that generally found in a Pop or R&B débuts. Having co-written a little under half the works on the album, so much of the album was harvested Pink's life that one felt that they'd gotten to know her on a plane instead of by listening to her CD while on the plane. Conversely, whenver the songs weren't of her machination, it is smartly written or produced by someone who is able to weave thier work into the mix without one noticing that there's been an alternative injection of artistry.
"Split Personality" works as a great opener by outlining each of Pink's psychoses as it segs into a disgruntled expression of frustration brought about by an ex's facility in being a good boyfriend to the next after shafting the former (Pink), in "Hell Wit Ya." Babyface's "Most Girls" expresses Pink's frustration with guys' thinking that she needed monetary compensation to inspire interest. Then, Pink closes the door on an ex-boyfriend who has betrayed her and wants to return in "There U Go*." "You Make Me Sick" whines/emotes the sensation of reluctant desire before "Let Me Let You Know" conveys the end of a struggling love affair. 112-produced "Love Is Such A Crazy Thing" is an ode to the unfamiliarity of a love that's come to be and "Private Show" features Pink turning the tables on a guy who thinks that he's just using her to get his rocks off, while she's not going to give him the opportunity. "Can't Take Me Home" is the tale of a relationship wherein Pink's man couldn't reconcile his desire for Pink with the perceptions of others. "Stop Falling" is another expression of sexual independence as Pink tells a guy about her inability to love and her unwillingness to fall in love with him. "Do What U Do" is a love of individuality followed by a comparison of the unfulfilled desire to express one's love to a bodily function in "Hiccup" The set ends with "Is It Love" is a tale of innocence lost as described from a girl to her parents. And she can't be taken home.
Pink's most audible or visual expressions are in the ways that she sings and dances. Pink's soaring soprano is intriguing in and of itself, in large part due to the knowledge that it could use some polish. Pink's danceability got MTV to invite her to emulate a performance from the early career of Janet Jackson, one of the most well-received dancers among recording artists.
Pink is a dynamo who allowed us into her life with her first album. After listening to it, one can easily feel her friend or at least a pert of said life. It would seem that her next contribution _Missundaztood_ will allow us even further into her life and thinking, if the song lyrics that I've read are any indication.
Pink's debut album is an awesome romp through her head and talent that is not to be missed. Purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun...energetic...I recommend it..., Sept. 8 2001
Pauline (Connecticut USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
A cross between pop and R&B to hip hop all rolled into one. A very dance/club cd. I can easily listen to this cd all the way through. Pink has a unique voice...which is why I think she could easily fit into the pop category as well as the R&B category. The whole cd is easy to sing along to.
My favorites on the cd are Split Personality-I enjoy the concept of the song. Pointing out the other side of Pink and....everyone else!! ;-)
Hell Wit Ya...great beat and rhythm.
You Make Me Sick...again a great beat to it.
Let Me Let You Know...a pleasant ballad. One step up from being a slow ballad.
Stop Falling...a slow ballad. Wonderfully done. About a woman who is afraid (or isn't ready) to fall in love.
Do What You Do...a simple song, with simple words but a great message about doing what you want to do and, moreorless, not caring what people say or think.
Among others. I don't know how anyone, if they listen to the cd, doesn't lip along or even move. It's a catchy album. A nice debut and I hope to see more from her!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Many good tracks, Aug. 17 2001
H. Lonan (Stanklanta (Atlanta), Georgia) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Can't Take Me Home (Audio CD)
I will split this CD into 2 different categories as far as it's tracks go. There is R&B pop and there is R&B soul. Then there is also some major hip hop influences in here to be found, like most likely on # 9 Can't Take Me Home and # 5 You Make Me Sick. There are quite a few slow songs or ballads on here, which stand out because Pink sings very maturely on her slow songs and with a lot of power in her voice. She places her emotion in these songs, especially Let Me Let You Know a great, great, R&b ballad. It's better than Stop Falling, because Stop Falling isn't my type of ballad. Also check out Is It Love because Pink actually co arranged it and wrote all the lyrics to it. It's a great closer. The dance songs are outnumbered but there's some very nice ones. Of course there is Most Girls which was the huge jam way back when, and There You Go is a memorable huge jam. But of course I feel the best dance song on is Hell Wit You. Think girl power to the 10th degree. Wow. Pink has a thing for unleashing her true feelings and not being afraid what people see her as. Which is why she's so awesome. Highly recomended.

3.0 out of 5 stars You can take Pink home...(if you want to.), June 6 2001
Maggie (F.C. IA U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
Here's the track-by-track review:
1. "Split-Personality": I personally like this song. It's kind of like 'I'm talking to myself again, but somebody's answering me...'
2. "Hell Wit Ya": Bouncy (kinda). 'Female impowerment all the way'.
3. "Most Girls": Opera/symphony meets Pink's personal touch of music. My kinda song, (if you're not like most girls/guys.)
4. "There You Go": This was a great song to start off Pink's career, and her personal touch, hard R&B/pop.
5. "You Make Me Sick": Another 'Pink's personal touch' song, the video would suggest otherwise.
6. "Let Me Let You Know": A slow melody, Pink specializes in those. A slow bouncy beat.
7. "Love is Such a Crazy Thing": I'm reminded of a certain Christina Aguilera song, but then it turns into another 'Pink Special'.
8. "Private Show": Interesting beat, interesting lyrics, interesting...period.
9. "Can't Take Me Home": Pink is saying in this song 'If you take me home, your parents will freak out about how weird you and I are together.'
10. "Stop Falling": The best ballad on this CD, it's really beautiful. Except the 'STOP FALLING!' screaming parts.
11. "Do What U Do": Female impowerment again with a Jay-Z/Nelly feel to it.
12. "Hiccup": A waste of CD time, I do not get it at all.
13. "Is It Love": Mid-tempo-ish and interesting beat.
Overall review: 3 stars: I was gonna give it a 2, but that was too harsh. Though Pink does a good job on some songs, she just shrugs off some songs and they turn out bad. A good attempt at the freshman CD, but a little more work could of gone into it.

Can't Take Me Home
Can't Take Me Home by P!NK (Audio CD - 2000)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available