march boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

Color: N/A|Size: single|Change

on January 19, 2015
I purchase chuck roast at the butcher and then grind it at home, so easy and a lot less expensive. I do the same for chicken and turkey breast. I also use the ground to make sausages. Very easy clean up as it comes apart and is dishwasher safe so you know it's safe to use over and over. I have been using this for a few years and have saved a lot of money buying the cheaper cuts and when the meats are on sale. There are two attachments for the size of the ground you want which is handy.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 19, 2013
I read a lot of reviews of many types of meat grinders. Reviews of this and other products are so mixed that one looking for a grinder would be left not knowing what to do. The reason I chose this is because my wife has had the professional version of the kitchenaid mixer for many years and she loves it. This way we wouln't collect another piece of appliance at the same time we chose something from a brand we already know. I decided to give a try...

... and couldn't be happier with the choice. From the reviews in this website it is implied the grinder would contaminate your meat, that would be extremely messy to clean, and that it would be tricky to have it perform properly. I think I missed something. Instructions were very simple and it just worked great. Yes, after grinding 4 lbs of lean beef the blade had some fat caught caught on it, but by no means it stopped working or had to be cleaned halfway. The black "contaminant" people refer to is in reality burnt/melted fat... the grinder will get hot after about grinding for a while, but this is just the mixer shaft heating up and transferring heat to the grinder axle. To avoid this you should have your meat COLD before starting grinding. Try it and you will see no black residue whatsoever. This is not a limitation of the grinder, it is a limitation of any "kitchen sized" grinder. Even a manual grinder will grind a lot better if the meat is cold to the point of being partly frozen. If you don't like this, then don't try to grind at home; or buy a commercial grade grinder and see it occupy your whole kitchen countertop. Other point reviews mentioned was that the blade wouldn't properly cut because it is the wrong size; this did not happen to my grinder, it may have been a problem in the "first generation" of the product but has certainly been resolved.

A baby bottle brush is the best bet for cleaning the inside of the grinder, if you (like me) don't like to wash it in the dishwasher. A toothbrush would work too.

I've been grinding 3-4 times a week and eating burgers and sausages (I have a separate stuffer) like crazy. Few appliances have made me so glad I bought them - this one is a top 3, or at least a top 5 (behind a BBQ and a espresso maker).

My only complain about the product is that the bowl that comes with the mixer is too low to be used on a countertop with the grinder - yes, 99.99% of the meat will fall into the bowl, but a tiny bit could spill outside. This is easily resolved by using something to elevate the bowl, but it would be nice not to have to do anything and just use what comes with the set. But this is being too picky already ... can't really deduct a star for this reason.

Love it!
on July 20, 2015
Love this attachment. Within hours of unwrapping, I had ground the meat and had a meatloaf in the oven. I also made some mango chutney from the accompanying instructions although the recipe called for peaches which I did not have.
on December 19, 2014
I really wanted to love this but I don't. It takes awhile for the meat to grind. I know the oil that comes out of the grinder is food safe per KA but it isn't appetizing.
The burgers were delicious but the grinder isn't fun to clean.
I rarely use this because I don't like cleaning it.
on September 5, 2014
This is a very good meat grinder. My only "beef" with it is the sometimes when grinding meat there are some kind of black substance comes out of the very center of the dispensing insert, where the ground meat comes out of. So far I've only tried pork and pretty good cuts but not sure what it's from. But overall this is a good grinder and makes the whole mixer in general more beneficial.
on March 12, 2014
Satisfied with overall quality. Bought it to grind small amounts of hamburger and pork. Both plates worked great; but do cut out any large strings of sinew. First try I didn't and had to take apart the blade/disc part to clean if off before I could continue. I cut the meat in about 1 inch cubes, ran my mixer on slow speed and no trouble. I would give it 5 stars but the main body is difficult to clean. Run a piece of bread through it when you are done, and use some sort of little brush with a handle to clean it out. Yes, I would recommend it.
on November 8, 2014
It grinds what you need it to grind in most cases & when combined with the stuffing tube kit, it's like having a deli in your own kitchen, if you know what you are doing & know how to go about curing meats. Beef, pork, chicken, turkey, bison, elk, deer, moose & duck have all been passed through the grinder in the short time we have had it. Most of our winter meat is now in the freezer & there must be 200 pounds of varied sausage in our freezer.
on June 24, 2003
But if I did, this super grinder would have a go. This past weekend a local store had botrtom round on sale for $1.19. My family isn't into pot roast but we eat a lot of hamburger.
My wife picked up four roasts for the freezer. I trimmed the fat from one (surprisingly little) and made hamburgers for a meal and a gallon of meat sauce for about $4.50 in meat cost. I double grind using the small plate. The burger is juicy with no grease puddle left after panfrying. I grind in some fat for flavor and juice. The plates and cutter appear to be made of stainless, which I clean in the silverware tray. If you own the mixer, get the grinder. I just ordered the sausage tubes and a sausage cookbook from this
noble establishment. This item provides frugality and quality and is a must have. I have a cylindrical foam brush that does the tubular thing. Gristle, connective tissue do get wadded up in the various parts but do not impair function. You need to eyeball each part after the dishwasher.
on March 13, 2013
My mother has had the food grinder attachment for many years and loves it, so I decided to finally purchase one. I worried about the plastic construction, but it is solid and durable. My first time making sausage (ground pork) was effortless. I was surprised at how quickly and easily the meat was ground. I started first with the larger grind, then re-ground the meat using the finer grind blade. The meat was uniform and looked just like you get from the grocery store.

Clean up was easy too. Using hot water, any remaining meat residue slid off from the plastic surface. A little soap and water, and it was clean.

I did not experience any dark/grease residue that a couple others have mentioned. The blades are metal but not greased. Since the only other metal part is where the grinder attaches to the machine, I assume the grease is possibly coming from the machine, and not the grinder.
on March 13, 2014
I love this product, it fast and it makes bread crumbs so fine, great for breading , grinds meat awesome to, best if you want to combine different meat's together for creative dishes .Thanks for your speedy delivery and shipping and handling Right to my door .