summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on September 27, 2015
I've seen many other reviews for this product and Honestly it works fine.

Yes you have to hand wash as well as dry the inserts immediately because they are not stainless steel and can potentially rust.

Yes it shredders and slices all sorts of foods. You do need to prep said foods to fit properly in the mechanism. As well as be patient, this isn't home improvement ( if anybody remembers that show ) and your trying to see whats the fastest way you can slice and shred your foods, Cause honestly if you do try (which i did) your just gonna end up with mush. So i guess technically it makes this attachment count as a food processor as well lol.

All in All the attachment is great. I don't recommend purchasing if your just using it to shred or slice one thing here and there. This is meant for (Multiples) larger family dinners, prep foods, things like that. if you just trying to slice 1 cucumber up.... grab a knife, it'll be much quicker.
on December 26, 2013
previous reviews are correct, I took and chance and am returning this item. the 'slicing' is more like a mashing action. the parts will rust if not dried off immediately due to the fact that it is not stainless steel.
on January 27, 2014
I thought only a few reviews mentioned about the rust and bought it, only a few uses on shredder attachment and already rust spots even though we let it dry for long time before storing it.
what a cheap trick from Kitchenaid, looks like now a days these big brand names license their name to other companies to make stuffs.
or Kitchenaid really going down the hill for not keeping up their quality.

If you worry about rust DON"T buy this trash. for this price hard to make these cones from pure stainless steel for Kitchenaid? shame on Kitchenaid.

Another note, bought kitchen aid dish rack (very nice looking and functional too) from Costco and again its also got rusted.

Hello KITCHENAID , never heard of metal called 'stainless steel' ? already moved manufacturing plants for accessories to china and another blow to customers is to use very cheap metal?
on December 22, 2011
I was really disappointed in this purchase. The blades are very dull. I tried to slice onions and apples. I had to push really hard to even get them to catch on the blades. Instead of slicing, it pretty much mushed them.
on October 31, 2011
I love KitchenAid products so I was somewhat disappointed in the attachments that I purchased. The materials that the graters / slicers are made of is terrible. I would have expected stainless steel but it feels cheap. DO NOT leave wet attachments in your sink for any amount of time - they rust. I still have a spot on my white sink that I cannot remove. I didn't return the product because I feel it will work fine but the materials ar not great.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 21, 2015
Works great and is easy to clean. Churns out shredded cheese quickly and with far less effort than a grater. Product seems sturdy and durable. Its overpriced but when a product is a pleasure to use, and well made, its worth it. I considered deducting a star for the price but didn't.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 11, 2015
Very good product. Very well constructed. But I tend to hardly ever use it anymore because of the extreme tediousness of installing it. Word of warning: Do not use it for soft cheeses as they stick completely to the shredder and your having to constantly clean it out. The hole size for cheese isn't large enough I find.
on February 17, 2015
This thing is awful. The grater cones are made of a very cheap and perpetually oily sheet metal that will rust in minutes if they are left wet. On top of that, they just aren't very sharp; trying to slice peperoni or cucumbers resulted in mush, rather than slices. The blades are so dull that while grating carrots, I pressed down on the carrots to feed them into the shredder and it ended up gouging the opposite side of the plastic holder (yay for shredded plastic in my salad!!).

It comes with 4 cones, but good luck figuring out which is which. They aren't labeled in any way so you have to guess which is the "thick" slicer and which is the "thin" slicer. You can't really tell just by looking at them.

The only thing it seems to do half-decently is slicing potatoes and shredding cheese.

Fortunately I got this on sale (with an additional discount from Kitchen Aid), if I had spent more than $20 on this I would have returned it.
on January 13, 2015
Got this yesterday and it was delivered before the date stated. I chopped carrots, celery, mushrooms and peppers with it. It is quick and easy. No standing at the cutting board for me anymore. Makes chopping things fun. Great price too.
on March 13, 2014
The product works great with my stand mixer it does all the shredding and slicing I need, don't need to use my hand slicer or hand shredder any more and I find it,s no problem to attach it to mixer very easy this is must for anyone who loves to cook .Thank you also for your speed service and handling.