biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Item Package Quantity: 1Change

on October 31, 2011
I love KitchenAid products so I was somewhat disappointed in the attachments that I purchased. The materials that the graters / slicers are made of is terrible. I would have expected stainless steel but it feels cheap. DO NOT leave wet attachments in your sink for any amount of time - they rust. I still have a spot on my white sink that I cannot remove. I didn't return the product because I feel it will work fine but the materials ar not great.
0Comment46 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2011
I was really disappointed in this purchase. The blades are very dull. I tried to slice onions and apples. I had to push really hard to even get them to catch on the blades. Instead of slicing, it pretty much mushed them.
0Comment24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2013
previous reviews are correct, I took and chance and am returning this item. the 'slicing' is more like a mashing action. the parts will rust if not dried off immediately due to the fact that it is not stainless steel.
on January 27, 2014
I thought only a few reviews mentioned about the rust and bought it, only a few uses on shredder attachment and already rust spots even though we let it dry for long time before storing it.
what a cheap trick from Kitchenaid, looks like now a days these big brand names license their name to other companies to make stuffs.
or Kitchenaid really going down the hill for not keeping up their quality.

If you worry about rust DON"T buy this trash. for this price hard to make these cones from pure stainless steel for Kitchenaid? shame on Kitchenaid.

Another note, bought kitchen aid dish rack (very nice looking and functional too) from Costco and again its also got rusted.

Hello KITCHENAID , never heard of metal called 'stainless steel' ? already moved manufacturing plants for accessories to china and another blow to customers is to use very cheap metal?
0Comment32 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2012
I was just expecting better quality since it is a Kitchenaid brand. This is the first Kitchenaid product I'm disappointed in. This product does what it says, it does slice but the slices are horribly uneven. I was slicing potatoes and the slices came out thick on one side and really thin on the other. So like I said this product does what it claims to but at the cost of sub-par presentation. So if you aren't picky about how your food looks its a great time saver. But if it's important to you that the food you serve look as good as it tastes then I would try anther product
11 comment29 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2013
This shredder is not really shredding but more ripping. The edges should be sharp and it would do a much better job. I do not recommend for a big amount of shredding as it is very slow.
on April 3, 2013
The main reason I purchased this was to grate cheeses. I was able to grate mozzarella. monteray Jack and cheddar with both the fine and coarse graters. The cheese came out very nice. I did have 3 or 4 pieces that went into the bowl that weren't perfect but overall I'm really happy. The cheeses that I used were fresh, refrigerated and not firm so I was a little worried that the attachment wouldn't work as it did.

Super easy to assemble and take apart! Follow the instructions and you are not going to have any problems at all!

Kitchen Aid has a YouTube video "Assembling the RVSA Slicer / Shredder" that I would highly recommend!
on December 13, 2013
The grated veggies I did to make vegetable patties were not very uniform in size, I tried Potatoes, Parsnips and Sweet potatoes
on July 22, 2013
I do not like the way it shreds or slices. Not very efficient. The attachments seem very dull. When shredding carrots, cabbage, cheese or anything really the shredded item gets clogged in the shredding disk and I have to continually have to stop the machine to clear the clog. Then I have large pieces of product that does not shred at all and slips between the white outer casing and the shredding disk. This causes me to have to pick out the large chunks out of my shredded product.
My old food Braun processor was so much more efficient. Would not purchase again.
on February 4, 2014
I read some of the poor reviews but then thought how bad can it be at a sale price $39.95?
Well, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, if KitchenAid gave these attachments away for free because they would steal the room for what could be less useless items. I tried the attachments on rutabagas, carrots, onions, and a few more vegetables. They made a mess of things, didn't cut them properly and I certainly could have done it faster by hand.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY or nerves on this.
The entire experience reminds me of a "As-seen-on-TV" purchase I made; except that product did work at first, unlike this attachment. It may work on cheese but that may well be it...and I doubt it.
0Comment18 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse