march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Introducing Kindle Oasis Furniture Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Registry Tools

Item Package Quantity: 1|Size: 1|Change

If you like to make your own sausages and own a Kitchen-Aid, then go for it. Just keep in mind that the sausage tubing costs A LOT of money. So for health conscious people, it is a great tool to have. If you only focus on reducing the spendings, go to the grocery store and buy industrial ones.
on January 2, 2015
This worked quite well when first getting into sausage making. For the price and beginner, this is perfect. I recently upgraded to a vertical sausage stuffer and it stuffs sausage in about a minute, where as I found it takes about 10 minutes or so to fill a casing. Works exactly as it should. Just time consuming and a bit difficult to do alone. Definitely a 2 person job.
on November 29, 2012
The sausage stuffer really impressed me, for this price you can't go wrong. I used it the second I got it and can't complain.
There are really mixed reviews about this product all over but it does what it should do. Believe me, I read all of them and I'm glad about the purchase. A bonus on this is, since the Kitchen Aid has speed variations it's easier to control the flow of the meat comparing to a regular meat grinder. Go for it, buy it, you wont regret it!!!
on July 24, 2013
Lots of recipes for all kinds of sausages and other delectable s on the internet now a days.... and with this little tube I can make my own pork sausages without attention to how much fat or better yet... what the contents are. No more beef and or chicken and or lamb and or whatever ... in my sausages anymore. Just plain goodness.
on November 8, 2014
It's used to make sausages, stuffed burgers, mincing veggies or fruits & work as advertised. The round plastic piece with 2 tabs is to keep the screw feeder centered as it's feeding the ground items into the casings or other items it can be used with/for.
on June 25, 2015
The tubes (horns) do their job. The machine itself seems like a poor choice for stuffing sausages as it is impossible for me to feed the sausage mix into the machine without air pockets. I'm hoping that is something I can fix... or I will buy a real sausage stuffer and leave the mixer to mixing.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2016
These are slightly better than trying to stuff the meat into casings by hand. I completed one batch and gave up. I purchased a proper sausage stuffer and it took 10% of the time to do another batch. I would not recommend this. A proper sausage stuffer is worth every penny. It is an exercise in futility making sausage with these.
on December 9, 2014
PROBLEM SOLVED! So we all agree that the plunger is a design flaw. It is to narrow to force the meat down. The meat squishes up the side making it impossible for the worm to properly push the meat thru. After 12 lbs of frustration, I was looking around for a solution and noticed an empty pill container and a light bulb went off! I took the lid off, took the plastic seal out and what do you know, the thing fit perfectly on the end of the plunger! After that I was done in no time! Now it wont go all the way down as it looks like the opening is slightly tapered. Another flaw tho is that when the meat goes into the tube, it goes in 2 places. so there is like a traffic jam at the start of the nozzle. Maybe a disc with large holes would work better and make it smoother. Having said that, for a home chef who wants to do a few pounds for fun when meat is on sale , this thing is wonderful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon April 20, 2013
I really do not use this enought to get proficient but since the relatives use it too it has been a worthwhile purchase to share around. We have made home recipe sausage from deer and moose with great success. The stuffer part works very well once you get doing but sometimes getting it started is tricky.
on March 16, 2014
Store bought sausage seems to be getting fattier all the time. My grocery store charges more for regular (almost white) ground pork than a nice roast and one small package of side pork, which makes better sausage than anything they have.