summer boutiques-francophones Furniture All-New Kindle sports Tools snsflyout Family

on May 20, 2011
First of all I am a huge Kitchenaid fan, and I love most of their products except for this one...

I Had this item for only a few months before it broke,

- To use it properly, you need a more powerful stand mixer, the basic model will just not cut it, the engine forces itself to much. Remember it is pushing pasta dough through it, and with entry level stand mixers, the unit gets really hot.
- It is really tough to clean, you need to open up the unit and no matter what dough gets trapped inside.
- It can make a number of pastas, but for spaghetti, it is long to do (I would suggest you get the rollers for those) It is good at making the large macaroni, but besides that, it is super slow.
- With the exception of a few parts, it is entirely plastic, and what happened to mine is that the pasta dough being extruded broke the plastic.

Good luck to anyone who gets this, I hope it goes better for them
on December 27, 2011
Bought it, used it, loved it. I really don't have any problems with it. Great quality, never has problems. I would change nothing.

Also, this really does make some delicious pasta. Once you get the hang of it, it takes next to no time to make fresh pasta. I almost save time since the cooking time is decreased for fresh pasta. And, it's easy to experiment with! Just throw in some spices and each batch becomes an adventure.
on October 31, 2012
These attachments are by far the best and easiest to use for making fresh made pasta. Attach to your stand mixer and no fuss no muss... and a single person can make pounds of fresh pasta in minutes. Excellent.
on December 17, 2012
I bought the KA pasta extruder a month ago without knowing much about it and without having done any research. I had not seen it on offer at the TSC previously and had 2 months to return it so I thought I would take a chance on it. I had bought the Pasta Roller/Fettucine Maker pasta attachment with my original purchase and while I really liked that, I wanted to be able to make other kinds of pasta and not just fettucine.

I am so excited with this purchase. I have now made pasta twice and quite successfully. I am still learning having been completely self-taught from the internet - isn't the internet wonderful! I don't use eggs and so have only made eggless pasta only. The first time my pasta dough was a little too moist for the extruder. By normal standards it was not moist at all but the extruder needs a really dry dough. So, the bucatini and macaroni that I made the first time were good didn't hold their shapes that well. Yesterday however, I made rigatoni and used a firmer dough: dough that barely came together and this time the rigatoni turned out perfect! I am loving this machine. People have complained about it being difficult to clean but yesterday, as a result of my very stiff dough, the extruder plates came apart in three pieces which I hadn't realised that they could and as a result, clean-up was a breeze.

I think if you make egg-based fresh pasta you will need to ensure that the dough is fairly dry - you may have a trial and error period. I have read that the recipes for egg pasta that come with the machine are not that good for the extruder.

I have not been able to dismantle the wire-cutter from the unit - it came all assembled. According to the instructions I should be able to but I can't seem to figure out how. As it is easy to clean even when assembled, this I can live with.

Another point to note is that when the unit arrives, the plates are stored in a plastic case fitted to the unit. It was by accident I was able to get them apart. It was very tough to separate them. You have to press the middle of the transparent case to release the case. There are no instructions for this.

Anyway, apart from the above my experience so far has been great.

I bought the KA Professional series in the summer this year and I am really thrilled with the machine overall. I bought the mincer attachment, shredder and juicer attachments as well and I am very pleased with all of them. I also bought the smaller bowl that fits into this unit with the special all-around whisk/beater and am loving that too.

All in all, a great purchase.

FYI, most extruded pasta is made with semolina flour, water and salt only. My recipe is 2 cups of semolina flour, between 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of water and salt. I add one tbs of olive oil. Be careful with the water as pasta dough needs to be silky and dry and for the extruder even drier.
on October 11, 2012
I just purchased my pasta extruder and absolutely love it! The dough recipe needs much more water than indicated, but I have many more recipies to draw from. I used the large macaroni extruder and made the best macaroni ever! I did not have a hard time cleaning anything. I just let the extra pasta dry and it popped out. I also have a professional model so my mixer only got slightly warm. Each noodle was perfect and tasted wonderful! Thank you so much KitchenAid. No more purchased pasta for this girl!!
on April 9, 2013
We've had our mixer for 5 years now and kept putting off buying attachments because of the price. As soon as I saw this on sale at Amazon for 37% Off with FREE SHIPPING - I grabbed 'em (NEVER have I seen this product on sale in a retail store at this price and if you buy online on sale or by bidding and add the shipping it usually puts the product at the retail store price). Now we are making our own pasta, not the store bought stuff. And we are making it fresh for each meal, not in bulk. Yummy and saving money! Very easy to use right from the get-go. Not as easy as opening a bag of pre-made dry pasta but the extra effort is well worth it and you can make your own pasta flavours. We also are making our own sauces every meal with a blender. The two combinations of fresh pasta and fresh sauce for each meal...sigh. Well worth the money.
on October 6, 2013
Have been making homemade sliders (wide thin noodles) for 35 yrs. Wish I had the Kitchen Aid stand mixer with these attachments years ago. Takes a job that normally takes hours and now done in less than 20 min from start of making dough to finished noodle. Have not tried the cutting ones that make linguini or fettuccini yet. Love, love, love this. Easy to use and to clean.
on December 30, 2014
I used to own a manual crank pasta maker. It worked, got the job done, and the pasta tasted great. But once I got a new KitchenAid, my mind started to wander toward the easier ways of making my own pasta. I saw the pasta roller and cutter set on sale and was bound to try out my new attachments.

They are heavy and well built, I have no concerns of these bending, breaking, or failing any time soon. They were also very easy to attach to the main unit.

I mixed my dough and got to work. This set made my job so much easier. In no time flat, I had enough spaghetti to easily feed 8 people with enough left for dinner the next night. You keep rolling it one setting at a time to the desired thickness, then once through the cutter, and voila - perfect pasta. I'll never make it by hand crank again!
on May 23, 2013
These attachments really make it quick and easy to make pasta at home! I highly recommend these for anyone who loves to cook and make things from scratch. They are slightly pricey but very well worth it! There are heavy and very solid, and of very high quality. I imagine that they would last a lifetime. I love the sheeter and the linguine attachment but find the spaghetti a little more difficult, however they take a little practice to figure out the best size for your pasta. I highly recommend getting a pasta drying rack as well, it definitely is worth the money!
on September 25, 2013
My manual pasta crank gave out and I had used my sisters KitchenAid Pasta Roller Attachment and it saved me allot time. The product is made from quality parts from what I can see.

One thing to remember when it comes to homemade pasta is, make your dough firm. If you don't have a firm dough it will get caught up in the roller and make a mess. If you do it right, no real cleaning required.