biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools

Color: WhiteChange

on December 20, 2010
I like this mixer, but I would have preferred the larger 5 quart version with the bigger bowl. I also often use this mixer for kneading dough, and it has never smoked, but the lowest settings are all that are needed for decent kneading. However, I have had the trouble with the bowl tightening into the base grooves, and I've even had to call on the aid of a strong man to help get it unstuck. I just recently got the shredder attachment to this mixer, which I also love. I buy the huge blocks of cheese and shred them myself with this, and I like to use it for carrots and potatoes, as well. Kitchenaid makes great attachments for their mixers. I've had this mixer for 8 years, and everything is still in excellent working order - a real quality, sturdy piece of equipment.
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a great machine and spending $200.00 on it was a bargain. Some people complain about the bowl sticking. The user manual states to gently turn the bowl to lock it, not forcibly but gently.
There's absolutely no need to twist the bowl into the locking mechanism too tight. I do it very gently and it stays in place even when kneading bread or cinnamon rolls dough and once done I twist it in the other direction and comes off without any problems.
The overheating some are reporting when kneading doughs is that the machine must not exceed speed 2 when working on bread dough. If you do it at higher speed the motor isn't powerful enough and can't keep up specially when there's a lot of dough. For that kind of jobs you may want to look into the professional grade machines like the kitchenaid pro 600. I knead bread dough on level 2 and just let it run for a good 5-7 minutes and the dough comes out soft and velvety. The trick is to let it run on a lower speed even if it has to take longer.
Lighter tasks such as cake mix, whipped creams and even cookie dough I have no problem running on higher speed up to 10.

One other thing to mention is the first time I used this machine I found the head was wobbly. An issue experienced by some customers from the reviews I read. I had my husband tighten the 3 screws under the motor head like another customer suggested and the wobbling stopped. I think Kitchenaid needs to improve on their quality control in my opinion. Other than that, this machine was a great buy. It handled all I've thrown its way for my 10 year old daughter's birthday (we've baked from cakes and cookies to chocolate eclairs and key lime pie (recipe for key lime in in the kitchenaid recipe book).
Hope this helps !
on January 26, 2011
Why did I wait so long to buy it. As a very busy professional and volunteer this Mixer has simplified my life beyond belief
on December 26, 2010
I just recieved this mixer as a Christmas gift this year, after using my Mother in Laws mixer for the last 4 years I really wanted my own now that my family and I have our own place. I had so much fun creating recipes using this mixer and can only imagine the many more to come. I love this mixer!
on December 24, 2013
I've been wanting a kitchenaid for a couple years now. I'm so pleased with this machine and how easy it is to make treats. I wish I had bought one with a bigger bowl, I should have read closely that you can't interchange bowls but I love it none the less.
on January 1, 2014
She enjoys baking, and I enjoy eating.. I may have came up with the perfect way to get her to bake more, while I have to do less..
This mixer is easy to clean, mixes well, and I get more desserts as she likes using it..
on October 4, 2011
This product does not come as pictured. There is no bowl handle or black 'arms'... This picture is apparently the 'professional' model not the 'classic' which is the one described and sold. Was a little disapppointing since I really wanted one with a bowl handel but other than that I absoluately love my mixer, just wish it had come with the bowl pictured.
on February 15, 2012
I got this mixer for Christmas this year and to date I absolutely love this machine the best thing I have ever used. I can't believe I waited so long to finally get one, I have mixed everything from simple cake and cookie doughs to bread dough and I've never had a problem it handles everything wonderfully. It is so quiet and very powerful for a little machine. Can't wait to get all the attachments, I have the shredder attachment and the grinder and sausage stuffer. Haven't used the meat grinder and sausage stuffer yet. Wish however that I had of got the larger mixer to hold more but I am extremely pleased none the less. The bowl does stick a little bit but not too bad, the more you tighten it before you start mixing the harder it is to get out after your done. All around great machine.
on December 29, 2013
I absolutely love this product. I have been teaching my young son how to bake using it. Shipping was super fast and \I have no complaints whatsoever. Thanks!
on May 18, 2014
Arrived on time and in good order well packed/ Would buy again works well make bread and every thing else love the variable speed control simple works no issue had for 2 years
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse