march Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store boutiques-francophones sports Tools Family

Format: DVD|Change

on May 17, 2000
Overall, this DVD is great, but had a few major problems.
First, I was expecting "All" of Whitney's videos to appear, but they didn't - False Advertising. This DVD was missing major videos - "I Believe In You and Me", "Exhale(Shoop, Shoop)", "My Name is not Susan", "Count On Me" and "When You Believe". They gipped me out of 5, count 'em 5 videos - What happen here? They should have just waited and released the DVD when they had finished all the videos for the new singles from the greatest hits package, Including "All" her videos as the advertisements say!
And, Second - Sure all of the extras were great to watch, but some could have been longer, like the MTV All Access - they showed about 3 minutes of that! I wanted to see the whole thing in it's entirety like it was originally shown on MTV! Also, the Cinderella segment was not worth watching, they showed only a minute of that, she didn't even sing the whole song, very disappointing! All other special features were alright but could have been done better, some were too long, others were too short!
All in all, if you're a die hard whitney fan and you have DVD, you'll appreciate it and might even like it. I do reccommend that you buy this "if you have DVD", You'll love "most" of those classic videos, that we've all grown to appreciate, since "all" aren't available. And who knows, maybe they'll put out a supplement DVD with all the videos they didn't include on this one. However, I doubt they would be kind enough to do that.
on May 18, 2002
There is no denying the music of Whitney Houston. Her strength in R&B is still as strong as it was back when she started in the mid 1980's, and that remains to be true.
Her 2000 DVD, The Greatest Hits, showcases the many talents this legandary Diva has made. While some of the videos reamin as simple, like You Give Good Love, and The Greatest Love Of All, and some reflect Mrs. Bobby Brown as a hard cookie, like Queen Of The Night, and I Learned From The Best.
Surprisingly, there are two different versions of the DVD anthology of Whitney Houston's videos. Some of them carry two extra music videos, Exhale (Shoop Shoop), from Waiting To Exhale, and I Believe In You And Me, from The Preacher's Wife.
While her music may have fizzled down in the industry, Whitney Houston still shows that she is still a survivor among the so-called corporate teen idol crowd of Nsync, and Britney Spears fans. No wonder Whitney Houston has still learned to be the best.
on August 25, 2001
Whitney hasn't exactly been an angel these past few years. Strange marriage, erratic behavior, drugs.. etc.. makes you forget about the thing that's most important in her public life - The Voice. Ah, the voice is in fine shape. This is one of the best music DVD's I've purchased - loaded with extras, live performances, and her lengthy list of videos. The debut TV performance on Merv Griffin, the Star Spangled Banner, the absolutely electrifying performance of "One Moment in Time" from the Grammy's - all of these are included as bonuses to compliment her rather diverse range of music videos. It's easy to get caught up in the public gabfest about Whitney's personal life, but this look back at her highly successful career is a reminder that Whitney was (and still is) one of the most powerful voices in pop music. Here's to hoping that $100 million contract with Arista produces more of the same.
on October 4, 2001
When I heard this DVD was going to be released I was estatic. Almost every video done by Whiney Houston is included, from the early videos such as "How Will I Know" and "The Greatest Love Of All" through the Bodyguard era hits like "I Will Always Love You" and "I'm Every Woman" to her recent smash hits such as "My Love Is Your Love" and "It's Not Right But It's Okay".
But to me what makes it so special are the extras, such as live performances at the Grammy Awards, in concert in South Africa, her performance of the Star Spangled Banner, and her first performance on the Merv Griffin show.
Also included are interviews with Whitney, Clive Davis, Missy Elliot, Wyclef Jean, Diane Warren, and others.
A must have for any Whitney fan or any other person from the MTV generation who has been touched by Whitney's music.
on May 31, 2000
...or, like my sister says, "Wigstock II". Or, how many cows made it to The Greatest's costume closet? Just kiddin', just kiddin'...no one quite does a power ballad like Whit and they all are here, in fact, you find yourself wishing the editors of this product would have lightened up the mix by putting more of the faster Whitney videos in it. Missing in action is the great Babyfaced "Exhale (Shoop, Shoop)"--I think someone told me it's in the vid/DVD to "Waiting to Exhale": also it's been said that the video prototype for "Exhale..." was "Nothing Compares to You"...my two cents: Whitney's Vid package gets a little labored in the middle but picks up greatly from "Step by Step" to the end. Highlight of package: the underrated "It's not Right, But it's Okay"...
on December 12, 2001
For the last 10 years, I've had a love/hate relationship with Whitney: sometimes I like her, and sometimes I don't. Regardless, anyone interested in pop music should check out this video collection of Whitney's hits. Some of the selections are dated (check out the killer weave in "I Wanna Dance With Somebody") while others are tastefully done ("You Give Good Love," "I Learned From the Best," "Heartbreak Hotel"). This set also has lyrics to all the songs, concert footage, and a neat backstage trip to a promotional photo shoot. Unlike other music DVDs, this one doesn't skimp on the extras, and there's enough bonus material to make Whitney fans and casual listeners like myself interested.
on May 18, 2000
This video is ok. I am a really deep fan of Whitney. I have alot of her items, but where are all the other videos? Like, Run to You, I Have Nothing, Exhale, I Believe in You and Me, I'm Every Woman, Why Does It Hurt So Bad. And the other videos not on the greatest hits cd, like, My Name is not Susan, Miracle, Count on Me, the real One Moment in Time video, and maybe others. I know that these videos were made, because i seen them a while back. i think it's time to complain to ARISTA, because these videos should have been on this video. Especially for the price. And also why in the ... do they add the special bonuses to the DVD disc. Just because we buy the vhs versions doesn't mean we don't want to see the extras!
on September 27, 2002
I can't believe I have waited so long to purchase this DVD. As i child of the '80s, I grew up on Whitney's music, and I am glad that I now have the opportunity to revisit these classics! She has an AMAZING voice.
The video itself is superb! It offers up rare Whitney performances from the 80's, as well as behind the scenes commentary from fellow soul divas Faith Evans, Missy, Kelly Price and others. It even shows a side of Whitney which is not often seen: for instance, Whitney clowning around at a photo shoot while singing Faith Evans' "All Night Long"! The DVD packs all of these things, plus all of her best videos into one tiny package. This is truly one of the best music DVDs that I have purchased. BUY IT!
on June 5, 2000
As someone noted earlier, this DVD stops at the end of track 14. At first I thought my disc was damaged. I exchanged it and it still happens. I tried it on a Pioneer DV-C302D and on a Pioneer DV-626D, and it happens with both. Since this is a dual layer disc, I guess that's when it changes layers. You just have to press the next track button on your remote and it continues. But still, I think this is unacceptable. They should test the DVD before releasing it. Besides that, it is a very good DVD. The video and audio are some of the best I've seen so far, and the extras are nice. They even included a CD single (inside the box) with 3 different versions of the song "I learned from the best".
on June 5, 2000