5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
really good
intro - best song on the cd lol no it's just some guy talking about kid rock its not a song
american bad a**- best kid rock song ever recorded on any cd in the world 20/20
prodigal son - awesome 20/20
paid - great 19/20
early morning stoned pimp - any song where joe c raps earns my respect 20/20
dark and grey - just like i am the...
Published on June 12 2004 by Capn Hook

1.0 out of 5 stars AAH
You know this guy did appeal to me at first, but if you have this CD youve heard American Bad Ass, right? Listen to Metallicas "Sad But True". He ripped off the guitar part completely. H e tries to be metal, hardcore rap, and country at the same time. Fails miserably. He is a talentless wigger. Wait...thats too nice. I hope he commits suicide.
Published on April 8 2004 by John

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The album rocks, March 17 2002
PJH (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: History of Rock, the (Audio CD)
This CD is actually pretty good. I remember not really enjoying it that much when I first got it, but it's got better now that I'm going through the tracks reviewing it. The album starts going downhill after the 9th track, but it's still a solid 4/5 stars. Kid has a fair number of "look at my money" songs, but they're rock songs -- not rap -- which work better in these cases.

4.0 out of 5 stars The bullgod is back, Feb. 14 2002
This review is from: History of Rock, the (Audio CD)
2 years ago,Detroit based nu-metal artist Kid Rock crossed over from the underground hip-hop clubs of Michigan,to the mainstream pop charts with his hit album "Devil without a cause". This is not a follow up album as some believe but a compilation of remixed,re-recorded,and unreleased material from before the detroit rapper/rocker's went mainstream.The main difference between this and DWAC is, in DWAC Kid rarely went beyond the rap-metal genre,here Kid showcases his talent in a number of styles. We have hiphop tracks like 3 Sheets to the wind, country ballads such as My Oedipus complex,he even pays tribute to Elvis in Born 2 B A Hick!But fans of DWAC will not be dissapointed by songs such as American BadAss,F**k That and Prodigal son. I recomend this album to anyone who appreciates artists such as Linkin Park,Papa Roach and Eminem,in the words of Kid himself "P*mp On!"

1.0 out of 5 stars Zero Stars!, Feb. 6 2002
Edward, Rebecca Luhm (Northern Wyoming, WY.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: History of Rock, the (Audio CD)
Just when I was geting into the Rap/Metal sceen bands like Kid Rock and Limp Bizket pulled me away from it.
Execpt for a couple of tracks all Kid Rock wants to rap about is him self and how great he is...

1.0 out of 5 stars What is this?, Nov. 21 2001
This review is from: History of Rock, the (Audio CD)
How can a talentless band such as this sell so many albums? Well, unfortunetly, this is the state of music today. Hey, I'm only a teenager, but I can still appreciate talented music. Clapton, Van Halen, Zeppelin, Rush, so many bands that are better than this annoying little album. I enjoy quite a few newer bands as well, such as Iced Earth and Dream Theater, but most are underground. It seems that if you have talent and don't write lyrics that are 100% swearing and bragging then the major labels hate you. Well, I say prove them wrong. Support talented musicians, and ignore the Top 40. Any "musician" who has a single made by SAMPLING a much better band is not worth your time or money.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this!!!, Nov. 6 2001
This review is from: History of Rock, the (Audio CD)
I know I'm in the minority, but I absolutely love History of Rock. More so than Devil Without a Cause.
TBT and Kid together are awesome. I love that he produced a CD of his old stuff with TBT.
Early Morning Stoned Pimp, F**k U Blind, Dark & Grey, Abortion...etc...they are awesome.
Love it and can't wait til I get Cocky!

4.0 out of 5 stars The History Of Rock Is Music To Longtime Fan's Ears!, Sept. 9 2001
This review is from: History of Rock, the (Audio CD)
The History of Rock was to be the album that made me revisit the days of flat tops and high top fades. Kid Rock in his Detroit struggling days was known for his high top fade, and ability to dance. His ability to make music has always been there. He is a man that knows how to play EVERY instrument his band had on stage. He also has a special talent for putting together unique blends of music. Rock, rap, hip-hop, classic rock and even country all have a home in his music.
The CD itself is a diamond in the rough for me. Although it didn't sound as good (technically and remastered wise) as his older stuff. I was boppin to the beat so to speak. As an added bonus this was a way for me to get the older songs I liked without having to scour the earth to find his older CD's that have long since been out of print.
Those who bought this album and were upset to find little new songs, and older material should have really taken heed to the title 'The HISTORY of Rock' I was a little irritated that the NEW song merely being a sample tune of Metallica, but it still was refreshing to hear Kid's spin on it.
If its new Kid Rock stuff you want, then pass on this and wait for the new album. But, if you are like me and like the classic kid, then I suggest buying this album. Kid Rock has always used a variety of sounds that I could never put my finger on. And, that's what makes his music enjoyable. Take it or leave it. But whatever you chose to buy Happy Listening!

1.0 out of 5 stars The history of =pathetic, weak, fake, rap/rock, Sept. 9 2001
Glyde (A world of Sugar-ray Fans) - See all my reviews
This review is from: History of Rock, the (Audio CD)
wow, what an INCREDIBLE DISSAPOINTMENT!! This album only consists of yelling and screaming "Put ya hands up", "F this and F that", "say my name", and any other saying that could of been good but is so incredibly over used that you want to explode! I am sorry, but this album is weak, and fake. I dont get it, kid rock's other album's were better, but why was this album EVER realeased! I apologize for my rudeness, but this album just isnt any good at all! Dont buy it, it isnt worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Good One From Rock, Aug. 30 2001
Christian (Eastern Passage, NS Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: History of Rock, the (Audio CD)
This is another good album from one of the greatest artists in the history of rock n' roll. However it is not quite as good as devil without a cause it certinitally has some excellent like of course American Badass. Another good one is a song called Dark And Grey, and one of the last ones Born to Be A Hick. I found that there was too much street rap and I am not a huge fan of that however it is all real which usually makes any album a good one and worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kid Rock's best cd yet!, Aug. 1 2001
This review is from: History of Rock, the (Audio CD)
This cd is awesome. Every single song is good. It is kind of like a Kid Rock greatest hits album. Kid Rock has 2 out of print albums called "The Polyfuze Method" and "Early Mornin' Stoned Pimp." This cd has 4 songs from each one of them. It also has 2 songs from 1994 that were never released and 2 new songs. My favorite song is "American Bad A**." It really gets you fired up. "Prodigal Son" is about Kid Rock leaving home and working his way up. "Paid" and "Early Mornin' Stoned Pimp" are pure old school rap. But they are still great songs. "Dark & Grey" is totally heavy metal. It has a guitar introduction for about a minute at the beginning of the song. "3 Sheets To The Wind" is my second favorite song. The sound effects are really cool. "Abortion" is a very slow, sad song. Kid Rock is talking and apologizing to a baby that he and his girlfriend aborted. "I Wanna Go Back" is also pure old school rap, but not as much as "Paid" and "Early Mornin' Stoned Pimp." It is about Kid Rock getting started with his music career, and about how he lived back in Detroit. "F*** You Blind" is probably my third favorite song. If you get offend easily, don't listen to this song, especially not the chorus. The last song, "My Oedipus Complex," is probably the deepest song on this album. It is about Kid Rock's troubled relationship with his father. So there you have it. This cd rules. You can listen to some clips of songs on amazon, and if you like them, go buy the cd. It's worth it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kid Rap?, July 25 2001
This review is from: History of Rock, the (Audio CD)
Not hardly. This album is equal parts rap and rock. There are some very good songs on here. This is not as good as Devil without a cause but this is a pretty good album. Some of the songs beat some of the songs on Devil though.And in my opinion the best song on the Cd is American Bad $@#. If you like rock and rap than this is a good buy but if you don't have Devil w/out a cause you need to get it first.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

History of Rock, the
History of Rock, the by Kid Rock (Audio CD - 2000)