5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a Moment of Glory for the Scorpions!
AWESOME is how I would sum up this CD. From the moment I first heard it, I knew I HAD to have it. Buy it! You won't be disappointed!
Published on July 31 2002 by Dreamskape

1.0 out of 5 stars dynamite!
Just when you think the scorpions couldn't do worst...they prove you wrong!
Even Metallica's s&m is better...close but still.
Published on Oct. 20 2002 by Phil On

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars dynamite!, Oct. 20 2002
This review is from: Moment Of Glory (Audio CD)
Just when you think the scorpions couldn't do worst...they prove you wrong!
Even Metallica's s&m is better...close but still.
I am sure that it was a great experience to live, for the band and the audience, because that type of event is always unique and can bring strong emotions-unless you have a dumb..s sitting next to you, drinkin' beer and screaming every five minutes Dynamiiiiiiite!!-but on cd...for me it doesn't do it,but it probably is a treasure for those who were there.
Now, I'm not gonna start the debat with DEEP PURPLE and the LSO(1999) but I was there at the Royal Albert Hall and that's why I can understand the concept and the thrill of holding the recording of such concerts...but still DEEP PURPLE 's symphonic album features something that neither Scorpions or Metallica holds...and this is an ORIGINAL PIECE OF MUSIC CREATED FOR A GROUP AND A ORCHESTRA!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a Moment of Glory for the Scorpions!, July 31 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Sountrack to life, July 10 2002
This review is from: Moment Of Glory (Audio CD)
The only comlaint you could have about buying this album is that it is relatively short. That shouldnt stop you from buying it! Inevitably this will be compared to Metallica's S&M: but this is spit-and-polished metal and ballads that puts it to shame. The updated "rock you like a hurricane" is terrific, although Klaus Meine's vocals (in my opinion) just werent _quite_ as beautiful as usual. This song opens strong orchestrally, and closes just as hard. "Moment of glory" is wonderful. The children's choir is a nice touch, adding to the songs' message of hope, and I particularly like the impish ending by the orchestra here and on "wind of change". "send me an angel" features vocals split with Italian superstar Zucherro (you may have seen him on vocals during the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert). The song still sounds excellent here. "here in my heart" has to be one of the prettiest duets Ive heard. "big city nights" opens hard, and never stops. I much prefer this version, incl. guest vocals. This album sounds like the winning soundtrack to a movie. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow.., Jan. 28 2002
Melanie S. (Greenwich, New York USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moment Of Glory (Audio CD)
My father always said that if Beethoven were alive today he'd be writing rock-n-roll ballads. I love kick butt classical music and hard rock....what a wonderful combination! The quieter sections of this CD are also exquisite. I always crank good music while cleaning the house.....my abode is virtually spotless now that I have this great CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosmic, Hauntingly Monumental., Dec 4 2001
This review is from: Moment Of Glory (Audio CD)
You can hear the angelic hosts/ armies clashing with the demonic forces. Unbelievably monumental sound when metal meets classical. Our Order of the Knights Templar and Daughters of Tsion decided to use this music as inspiration during our guided meditations. Yes, we're kooky, but hey, ya gotta have some kind of spirituality in your life (it's good for you) and chivalry is NOT dead, but a fine art of knights and ladies walking the warrior path to the Divine. (...) Our 3rd Millenium Angelic Alliance Order of angel workers is pretty cool, too. We plan to use this inspiring Scorpions album for that group, especially since one of the songs is "Send Me an Angel."

5.0 out of 5 stars Moment of Glory, Nov. 29 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Moment Of Glory (Audio CD)
This CD is truly a moment of glory for the Scorpions.
It brings the best of the Scorpions into a music mix that rivals
great albums like Stg. Peppers and Dark Side of the Moon, and brings it into the next level by using the Berlin Philharmonic.
If Mozart and Beethoven were alive today this would have been their next step in the creation of music.
It has been mainly European Glory to date as the marketing in America is poor. Hopefully this will improve. This CD is truly amazing and a must for people that like Hard Rock done full out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Album most likely to please a mixed crowd, June 21 2001
This review is from: Moment Of Glory (Audio CD)
I agree with the previous reviewer who wrote that he played this CD for a "mixed crowd" of musical tastes...I did the same thing, and many people really liked this CD (and it's hard to get this group to agree on much of ANYTHING!).
I listened to the Scorpions when I was in high school in the '80's, playing guitar in the high school jazz band, and being influenced from everyone from Wes Montgomery to Scorpions.
I recently heard a track from "Moment of Glory" on the radio, and I was blown away. After listening to the full CD - I really like it! (I'll leave the deconstruction of the CD to the truly die-hard Scorpion fans... :-) I also agree with the amazon review that the album teeters gracefully between wine-and-cheese and cheesy.....and somehow pulls it off successfully.
At least....check it out of the local public library - and see if you don't think about buying it! :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Up to my expectations, June 18 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Moment Of Glory (Audio CD)
I'm not much of a Scorpions' fan, but I bought this CD because of two reasons: Moment of Glory and Wind of Change. Both are two of the most beatiful rock ballads ever, and the arrangement with the orchestra is simply outstanding. The rest of the CD is all right.

4.0 out of 5 stars A CD That Needed To Be Made, March 27 2001
This review is from: Moment Of Glory (Audio CD)
The version of Wind of Change is exactly how I feel this song was meant to sound. The two instrumental new songs are hard driving with great backing. Hurricane 2000 rocks bigtime also. I'm glad I added this to my collection, and I have to agree with another reviewer, I prefer this to Metallica's S&M if for no reason than it's more polished being a studio effort rather than live.

5.0 out of 5 stars An fresh exciting sound from our favorite band - The Scorps, March 20 2001
This review is from: Moment Of Glory (Audio CD)
I have been a scorpions fan since I was first introduced to their style of hard, fast, guitar deity rock. Let me just say that after listening to this album, I have become a bigger fan. It's just too bad that the Scorps are on the tail-end of their careers, because I'm sure they could keep producing for their loyal fans. However in this day and age when most are thrilled with consuming smoothed-out synthesized teeny bop and bubble gum rock, it's hard for the *real* musicians to survive. My suggestion: Get as much of the Scorps as you can while they are still playing.
As for this album, it is spectacular. I look forward to acquiring the DVD of the performance in order to get its full effect. But for now, the album is great. Why?
First, the songs contain more sound. Any music listener can appreciate orchestra, and so adding those elements with some rock music really creates an interesting fusion of the two. Metallica was pretty successful with their effort, but Metallica's music was known for pure anger, speed, volume and agression. So when Metallica added the orchestra, only certain songs worked well, No Leaf Clover being one of them. This effort by the Scorps has matched more songs to the orchestra better than Metallica's effort. I do like the fact that Metallica's version with the orchestra puts Lars' drums in the forefront. One difference between the Scorps effort and Metallica's is that in Metallica's I get the sense that Lars is leading the orchestra, versus in the Scoprs effort, the conductor is leading the orchestra. However, despite the fact that the drums aren't solid enough in the Scorps effort, it still rocks - though I'd love to see Rarebell again.
Second, I *never* believed that Wind of Change, Rock You Like a Hurricane, and Send Me an Angel could be improved; but I was wrong. I have never heard a more well crafted peice than I hear in Wind of Change. And with the newly added and long overdue orchestral elements, this song will live forever. Adding the orchestra opens up that song and several others to a diverse, wide range of musical listeners.
Third, this album is great because it's a new, fresh sound from the Scorps, but yet manages to retain the old roots throughout. I was somewhat frustrated with the loss of Herman Rarebell as the drummer because while he was with the band, the tracks were all extremely tight, punchy and boomy. With Kottak we have a quicker, more electronic pop sound. But surprisingly, (as a drummer myself) Kottak fits very well in this setting.
I'm sure Amazon won't let me say much more, but you really need to get this album if you are a real fan. It will probably not be appreciated as much by those of you who were big fans during the mid to late 70's, but for the younger generation interested in newer music, this album will work for you. This album will also appeal to more mature listeners who expect more from music than just loudness.
Try it, I'm certain you will be surprised.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa54a81c8)

Moment Of Glory
Moment Of Glory by Scorpions (Audio CD - 2008)