5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful
I don't do yoga, I don't have a guru, I don't meditate (on purpose), I just like to listen to smooth music before I go to sleep. I took a chance on this based on the samples (THANK YOU AMAZON)and I like it a lot. This lady has a lovely smooth voice and I don't really care what she is saying. I am ordering another today.
Published on Nov. 22 2003 by Cathy E. Wilson

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Love Is Space' Doesn't Quite Reach Orbit
As someone who enjoys 'world music' and the like, I thought I would give Deva Premal a spin; after all, the samples I heard seemed to be quite warm and calming. And Premal's voice is also nice.
However, unless you plan to use this disc exclusively for the purpose of meditation, the disc is a bit of a disappointment.
I understand that these are traditional chants...
Published on March 19 2003 by Wil

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Nov. 22 2003
Cathy E. Wilson "cathyplainjane" (Southern Indiana) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Calm Centered, April 25 2004
Michael (St. Petersburg, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love is Space (Audio CD)
I've had this CD for the past 2 years. It is wonderful for meditation and relaxation or while driving to keep the road rage under control. The voice of Deva Premal has amazing energy and is so soothing. The meaning, beauty, energy, relaxation, love, and power come through in the music, even though there is a language barrier with the words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mesmerizing and addictive, Feb. 12 2004
This review is from: Love is Space (Audio CD)
I bought this with several other CDs several days ago. I still haven't had a chance to listen to the other CDs, because I haven't been able to this one off. It truly bathes my whole environment in warmth and deep love. One reviewer said that he goes to sleep to this CD and wakes up to this CD. I not only have been doing that, but keeping it on endless play =while= I am asleep, and the warmth and love and peace of this music have permeated my dreams. The music is pretty, with multilayered tracks of the artist's Enya-like voice, but the gentle mesmerizing power of this album comes from the fact that the artist is truly in touch with the deep dimensions of universal unconditional love, and communicates those dimensions to the listener. Tracks 1 and 5 are the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Beautiful!, July 16 2003
Judith E. Pavluvcik (Dreaming of the beach in Hawaii, but living in the reality of the desert in Arizona!!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love is Space (Audio CD)
This is my first introduction to this amazing artist, and all I have to say is "Simply Beautiful"! Her voice is incredibly soothing, melodic, transforming, and filled with beauty. I use this CD while doing massage and I find not only myself, but also my clients transported. So very relaxing on many levels!
The chants are mesmerizing and I, for one, do not find them "too long" at all, as one reviewer stated. I could listen to this CD all day! The instrumentals and subtle back up vocals are intertwined perfectly, and do not overwhelm the beauty of Premal's voice, but complement and support her incredibly.
I love this CD and I love chanting along with Premal - it soothes, refreshes, calms, and instills a deep sense of peace and love within my soul. I am now most anxious to hear her other recordings!
Highly, highly recommend this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awakening, April 15 2003
This review is from: Love is Space (Audio CD)
We first became aware of Deva singing "Om Mani Padme Hum" whilst meditating in our tepee at dawn. The tepee was open to the cool morning breezes that drift across the still waters of our lake and combined with the sound of Deva's voice our senses arose and awakened the awareness of our chakras. Now the joy and love on this album is a daily part of our lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and satisfying, Jan. 21 2003
This review is from: Love is Space (Audio CD)
The familiar meditative phrase, "Om Mani Padme Hum", through Deva Premal's interpretation takes on a whole new meaning . . . her voice embodies a rarely heard feminine gracefulness and power. It's not the high thin warbling earnest folkie girl described perhaps as an 'angelic' singer you might find on a new age CD . . . hers is a deep and satisfyingly rich and clear sound. I take this CD with me when I fly. I'm terrified of being in a plane, and listening to this helps. This voice washing over me is soothing and relaxing (though I'm afraid of getting too relaxed and singing under the headphones, egads). One note: the chants are not presented in a typical format. They're atmospheric and lush and modern and layered. Fans of traditional chant might find this approach incendiary.

5.0 out of 5 stars A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, Nov. 16 2002
Jerold M. Cohen "Jerry Cohen" (Woodstock, CT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love is Space (Audio CD)
I wake up to this CD. I go to sleep to this CD. This CD is the most beautiful CD I have ever heard. I listen to this CD and I am drawn completely into the ecstatic experience that seems to exist between the musicians and God. Listening to this CD feels like looking into the eyes of the most wonderful person you could ever make love to and having everything melt away into oneness. This music is incredibly beautiful and spiritual, moving and peaceful. Of the dozens of things I have bought on amazon.com, this was the first thing I felt so moved by to write a review.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite CD's, Sept. 20 2002
This review is from: Love is Space (Audio CD)
One night I happened to be in the right place at the right time, the temple at my spiritual center, while they were playing this Love is Space CD for that night only. Thankfully, after being so touched by it, I asked to see who it was, and ordered it immediately. Every song on this CD is wonderful to listen to, my favorites out of all of them being track 1 and track 5. Chanting along with the last song, Om Namo Narayanaya is the most exhilarating thing I have done. I recommend this CD highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars with her amazingly beautiful voice..., Aug. 26 2002
This review is from: Love is Space (Audio CD)
this recording far exceeded my expectations (having first purchased The Essence), I find myself listening to it time and time again! It provides a great backdrop for yoga practice and instruction as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deva's Eternal Love for Osho, June 27 2002
E. A Smith "Seneca" (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love is Space (Audio CD)
The most moving, beautiful, sacred CD I have heard. Her love for OSHO has brought her heart directly to us. Try listening to this
CD while hiking in nature.
Always Love....

Love is Space
Love is Space by Deva Premal (Audio CD - 2006)