Auto boutiques-francophones giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Simple and secure cloud storage Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Audio CDChange

on February 12, 2004
I bought this with several other CDs several days ago. I still haven't had a chance to listen to the other CDs, because I haven't been able to this one off. It truly bathes my whole environment in warmth and deep love. One reviewer said that he goes to sleep to this CD and wakes up to this CD. I not only have been doing that, but keeping it on endless play =while= I am asleep, and the warmth and love and peace of this music have permeated my dreams. The music is pretty, with multilayered tracks of the artist's Enya-like voice, but the gentle mesmerizing power of this album comes from the fact that the artist is truly in touch with the deep dimensions of universal unconditional love, and communicates those dimensions to the listener. Tracks 1 and 5 are the best.
on November 22, 2003
I don't do yoga, I don't have a guru, I don't meditate (on purpose), I just like to listen to smooth music before I go to sleep. I took a chance on this based on the samples (THANK YOU AMAZON)and I like it a lot. This lady has a lovely smooth voice and I don't really care what she is saying. I am ordering another today.
on January 31, 2002
How fortunate we are to share the joy and love that emanates from this beautiful recording. Deva Premal's voice tugs at your heart. Her devotional prayers for peace wash your soul in a warm bath of love. Reminiscent of the voices and style of both Kim Waters (Rasa) and Wah (of Wah!), the tonal quality of Premal's voice reaches deep within. Her rendition of "Om Mani Padme Hum" is so joyous you can't help but enthusiastically take part in her song. Later I found this tune still resonant in my mind. "Ide Were Were" is a gorgeous piece and moves through the room like a sensual dance. Deva Premal is joined on this recording by her partner Miten and other wonderful musicians including Jai Uttal. The vocal harmonies, unusual in mantra chanting, of Jai Uttal and Premal are an exquisite blend of talent.
Especially sweet is the love story which embraces these endeavors. While individually travelling in India, Premal, a native of Germany, and Miten, from England, met and fell in love. Marrying their spiritual and musical quests, they now tour the world performing and giving workshops. Again, we are blessed to share in the culmination of their union and efforts. "Love is Space." Thank you, Deva Premal and Miten, for filling my space with your love.
on July 16, 2003
This is my first introduction to this amazing artist, and all I have to say is "Simply Beautiful"! Her voice is incredibly soothing, melodic, transforming, and filled with beauty. I use this CD while doing massage and I find not only myself, but also my clients transported. So very relaxing on many levels!
The chants are mesmerizing and I, for one, do not find them "too long" at all, as one reviewer stated. I could listen to this CD all day! The instrumentals and subtle back up vocals are intertwined perfectly, and do not overwhelm the beauty of Premal's voice, but complement and support her incredibly.
I love this CD and I love chanting along with Premal - it soothes, refreshes, calms, and instills a deep sense of peace and love within my soul. I am now most anxious to hear her other recordings!
Highly, highly recommend this one!
on January 20, 2003
The familiar meditative phrase, "Om Mani Padme Hum", through Deva Premal's interpretation takes on a whole new meaning . . . her voice embodies a rarely heard feminine gracefulness and power. It's not the high thin warbling earnest folkie girl described perhaps as an 'angelic' singer you might find on a new age CD . . . hers is a deep and satisfyingly rich and clear sound. I take this CD with me when I fly. I'm terrified of being in a plane, and listening to this helps. This voice washing over me is soothing and relaxing (though I'm afraid of getting too relaxed and singing under the headphones, egads). One note: the chants are not presented in a typical format. They're atmospheric and lush and modern and layered. Fans of traditional chant might find this approach incendiary.
on November 15, 2002
I wake up to this CD. I go to sleep to this CD. This CD is the most beautiful CD I have ever heard. I listen to this CD and I am drawn completely into the ecstatic experience that seems to exist between the musicians and God. Listening to this CD feels like looking into the eyes of the most wonderful person you could ever make love to and having everything melt away into oneness. This music is incredibly beautiful and spiritual, moving and peaceful. Of the dozens of things I have bought on, this was the first thing I felt so moved by to write a review.
on October 25, 2001
I love this as much as I love Deva Premal's first CD, THE ESSENCE. Deva Premal's voice sends tingles up my spine. It has an incredible resonance with my heart. LOVE IS SPACE has a little more variety to it. It has some entrancing Hundu chants -- the Shiva chant "Chidananda Rupa" really takes me back to the peace of yoga retreats. Then there is a beautful rendition of the great Tibetan Om Mani Pema Hung and the nicest version of the Heart Sutra's "Gate, Gate" I have ever heard. This is a gem of a recording.
on September 20, 2002
One night I happened to be in the right place at the right time, the temple at my spiritual center, while they were playing this Love is Space CD for that night only. Thankfully, after being so touched by it, I asked to see who it was, and ordered it immediately. Every song on this CD is wonderful to listen to, my favorites out of all of them being track 1 and track 5. Chanting along with the last song, Om Namo Narayanaya is the most exhilarating thing I have done. I recommend this CD highly.
on April 15, 2003
We first became aware of Deva singing "Om Mani Padme Hum" whilst meditating in our tepee at dawn. The tepee was open to the cool morning breezes that drift across the still waters of our lake and combined with the sound of Deva's voice our senses arose and awakened the awareness of our chakras. Now the joy and love on this album is a daily part of our lives.
on April 24, 2004
I've had this CD for the past 2 years. It is wonderful for meditation and relaxation or while driving to keep the road rage under control. The voice of Deva Premal has amazing energy and is so soothing. The meaning, beauty, energy, relaxation, love, and power come through in the music, even though there is a language barrier with the words.