5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD
This was a very good CD. I bought it because I slept through half of the movie, but not the CD (psyc:P...I watched it...). It was a great CD. Good collection of artists, but the CD was awesome. I really enjoyed it and really liked it.
Published on Jan. 2 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad CD!
Well, this was an ok CD. When i heard it the first time i thought the first was much better than this one. But when i heard it more and more times it was ok. There are 4 songs that i dont like. Some i think dont even hav a meaning to it. Song number three was horrible singing but the beat and stuff were right. Theres also a weird Al song in the CD which i thought was...
Published on Aug. 8 2000 by Jerry

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundtrack, Feb. 17 2004
This review is from: Pokemon the Movie 2000: The Power of One (Music From and Inspired by the Motion Picture) (Audio CD)
Es Un CD Infantil Que Vale La Pena Tener Es Un Material muy Bueno Jajajaja La Pelicula Es La Mejor Que Han sacado de pokemon, y el SOUNDTRACK tambien.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, Jan. 2 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Pokemon 2000 review, Dec 24 2003
April Harrop "Nishikawa Haruko" (Somewhere far, far away....) - See all my reviews
This CD has many great Pokemon songs for all Pokemon lovers. My favorites were:
#1 The Power Of One
#6 One
#7 Flying Without Wings
#9 Blah, Blah, Blah
#10 Polkamon
I would recommend this CD to anyone with a passion for Pokemon.
I will be purchasing more Pokemon CD's from Amazon soon, and will give recommendations for those too.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great CD (even if it is Pokemon), Sept. 12 2003
I thought that this CD was really good. I love all the songs but here is my view of them
1. The Power of One ~ Donna Summer: I love the message of this song! It's a great song and beautifully sung.
2. Dreams ~ Alysha: This has to be one of my favorites on this CD. Another great message in this song.
3. They Don't Understand ~ Dream Street: I found this song funny, since it really did show that parents just don't get the concept of Pokemon (my little bro has tried to explain it to my mom... didn't work)
4. Wonderland ~ Angela Via: Another one of my favorites. I loved her song on the first CD and this one is just as good. It is really fun to sing along with.
5. With All Your Heart ~ Plus ONE: A really good song, but not on my top songs for this CD..
6. The Extra Mile ~ Laura Pausini: I love this song! Really good lyrics and a great message.
7. Flying Without Wings ~ Westlife: This is my absolute #1 song on this CD. It is an awesome song with a great message. (I was really upset how Ruben on American Idol sang this song. He did an okay job, but this version is better!)
8. Pokemon World ~ Nobody's Angel and Youngstown: A really great song. This is definatly better than the original and, in my opinion, the best version of the Pokemon theme.
9. Blah Blah Blah ~ Devotion 2 Music: I thought this song was funny. It really showed how kids really want to play instead of sitting there listening to the teacher talk about the subject.
10. Polkamon ~ Weird Al Yankovic: This is the funniest song on the CD! I loved it! I'm a Weird Al fan, so right off the bat I loved this song. Another song that's fun to sing along with, even if you have trouble getting the words right (Think Poke Rap)
11. The Chosen One ~ The B-52's: Ah! Another favorite on this CD. Love the Message, love the lyrics, love the song.
12. One Heart ~ O-Town: Another favorite. Againg, love the message, love the lyrics, love the song. Plus a really great beat.
13. One ~ Denissa Lara: A slow song, not really my favorite, but a good song.
14. Comin to the Rescue ~ O-Town: I love this song! Its funny when you see it in the movie (It plays during the Pikachu Rescue Adventure). I love the lyrics.
15. Dance of the Bellossom ~ From Pikachu's Rescue Adventure Score: not a great song, but still fun to play the different pokemon sound, expecially when you with a bunch of kids.
16. The Legend Comes to Life ~ From the Power of One Score: The is my #2 favorite on this CD. I love this score! Its really moving and I just love it. It leaves you with a happy feeling inside (I know... kindof mushy but still good.)
Overall this is a great CD with awesome songs that are fun to sing along with.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2000 Power!, April 20 2003
By A Customer
Based on a great and emotional movie, this CD has a various bunch of good music. Here are my favs:
-Comin' to the Rescue; the music in the mini-movie and a good song. It's not boring and it doens't drag on endlessly.
-The Power of One is a song at a moderate tempo and it doens't get very loud except at the end. Not for rock fans like I am, but that doesn't matter, does it?
Even though those are my favs., I also like the other ones. There's always Pokemon World and that song is the BEST! (I was saving best for last there) and I'd have to say, aside from being upbeat, it has great lyrics and you just have to sing to it in the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, Oct. 29 2002
By A Customer
this cd has very moving songs about life.But it all so includes what a trainer would feel for their pokemon and others.

5.0 out of 5 stars @_@, June 20 2002
By A Customer
A friend of mine borrowed this from the library and lent it to me (naughty, I know), so I immediately saved the songs up to my computer with RealOne Player. Most people who listen to this head-spinning assortment of songs will probably be kids like me, so here's what an eleven-year-old animé fan thought of it...
Donna Summer: The Power of One
A beautiful, fairly moving song that starts off with the Song of Lugia theme. Kids who just like the fast moving pop songs will get annoyed by this though.
Alysha: Dreams
Hard to believe the singer of this great song's just a year older than I am! Has an incredibly meaningful chorus, but moves fast, so it'll satisfy most music fans.
DreamStreet: They Don't Understand
Has an AWESOME beat that will have your foot tapping, moves fast, pop-esque, and sings out a topic most Poké-crazed kids identify with.
Angela Via: Wonderland
Cool song, nice voice, although how this is related to Pokémon 2000 I really don't know. The new world in Pikachu's Rescue Adventure perhaps?
"Weird Al" Yankovic: Polkamon
Freaked out version of the Poké Rap. This doesn't even deserve a "Bleh", and that's one of the lowest marks I give.
Devotion 2 Music: Blah, Blah, Blah
Bleeeeeeeeeesh. Absolutely no relation to Pokémon that I can see, they spelt Bla wrong, and it's an awful song! Seriously... "Bla bla bla..."
plus ONE: With All Your Heart
Pretty. Again has a meaningful chorus, and good vocals too.
Westlife: Flying Without Wings
Now for some strange reason, they always have a love song on the soundtracks. (The First Movie had We're a Miracle, Christina Aguilera.) This is an OKay song, although if you play it with non Poké fans around, you'll be likely to get comments such as, "Um, what the hell is Westlife doing on a Pokémon CD?"
Youngstown and Nobody's Angel: Pokémon World
Probably my least favourite TV theme reincarnation, but it's quite amusing to watch Youngstown and Nobody's Angel bouncing around singing it on the Sountrack Live! part of the DVD.
O-Town: One Heart
More special meanings, good vocals, pretty beat. In my opinion, Pokémon 2000 takes the prize for "Pokémon Movie With The Second Most Happy Sappy Stuff In It". (First prize goes to Pokémon 3.)
Denisse Lara: One
Even though I'd never heard of Denisse before this, I was absolutely blown away by her powerful voice and the ESPECIALLY! meaningful lyrics. I tend to start singing this at strange moments...
O-Town: Coming to the Rescue
Great beat, this pop-ish song will also have your foot tapping.
Who Knows: Dance of the Bellossum
Can I say, Cute? Little kids will like this, but most kids 8 and up will be tired of this by the third time they see the movie.
Who Knows: The Legend Comes to Life
In other words, the REAL Song of Lugia. It's that song that plays near the end while Melody's playing her ocarina. Very pretty, an absolute essential for the die hard 2000 fans.
Who Knows: Score
I think this is a data track, in any case I didn't save it, so I don't really know what it sounds like.
All in all, I give this CD a 9.5 out of 10, despite another lack of lyric sheets, this soundtrack bounces back with some great songs and lyrics that ring true to your heart.
- ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Rhytms!, May 5 2002
By A Customer
I love to listen to this cd because the songs are great and the rhytms too,including the B-52's song.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of Dub music, Nov. 5 2001
By A Customer
This CD was pleasently suprising. I expected nasty, icky dub stuff, but this music is actually pretty good...

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan of Pokemon, but great soundtrack!, Aug. 21 2001
By A Customer
I don't like the show, "Pokemon". Nor do I like any of the movies, books, games, or whatever other little trinkets Pokemon has. But I love pop music and this is a great soundtrack featuring some awesome pop acts. My favorite tracks are the ones by Donna Summers, Dream Street, O-Town, Plus One, Westlife, and Youngstown featuring Nobody's Angel. The Weird Al song is pretty hilarious, too. I'm 17 years old and bought this soundtrack here on Amazon.com so I wouldn't be embarrassed going into the record store and buying it there. If you like Pokemon, then this is a must have. Or if you just like pop music and are looking for a great collection of pop songs then this is still a must have.

ARRAY(0x9a638be8)