summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on September 24, 2000
This CD is very useful to have when you really love Pokemon and are anxiously anticipating the release of the movie. Here's the low-down on each song individually:
The Power of One-Donna Summer:Very pretty and meaningful song. I rarely skip over it.
Dreams-Alysha:This is cool, with a nice beat. One of the best on the album.
The Don't Understand-Dream Street:Ain't it the truth! If you can't figure out why parents don't get Pokemon, this rockin' song is one you'll like!
Wonderland-Angela Via:So-so. Great the first few times, but I wouldn't listen to it too much. I got bored with it.
With All Your Heart-plus ONE/The Extra Mile-Laura Pausini/Flying Without Wings-Westlife: I'm mixing these three together because they're all pretty similar. Slow, beautiful when you're in the mood for them, but annoying when you want something faster with a cooler refrain. I personally think The Extra Mile is the best one out of this quiet trio. They've all probably done better.
Pokemon World-Youngstown w/ Nobody's Angel:Super! This is the new theme song from the beginning of the cartoon, for those who watch it.
Blah, Blah, Blah-Devotion 2 Music:My 2nd favorite song on this CD. Who says Pokemon's not for teens? This one expresses the urge we feel to play the game rather than go to school. "Blah, blah, blah" is what the parents and teachers say(in a funny voice, I might add!)
Polkamon-Weird Al:Very cute song, this is. Names most, but not all, the Pokemon to a Polka tune.
The Chosen One-B-52's:My favorite song on the whole album! This one summarizes what the movie's about, and the music is really neat. So are the voices. It's basically the legend of the 3 birds from the beginning of the movie put to music. Very cool.
One Heart-O-Town/One-Denisse Lara:These are the other two slow songs that mean the same thing as Track 1, just without the same gorgeous tune. I usually skip them, and they're pretty much all that lowered my rating of this from 5 to 4 stars.
Comin' to the Rescue-O-Town:The second O-Town song. This one is featured in the mini-movie "Pikachu's Rescue Adventure." It's another so-so because it sounds like a really cool tune at first, but gets repetative after a while.
Dance of the Bellossom/Power of One score:Mostly instrumental. The Bellossom one is only a minute long but is really cute and contains many Pokemon voices:Vileplume, Gloom, Poliwrath, Seaking, Magikarp, and Tentacool, to name a few. The last one is somewhere between 4 and 5 minutes and comes from the scene with Lugia flying Ash. To rate just that from 1 to 10, it's a 5-perfectly average.
THERE! Hope this helped ya!
on July 24, 2000
This was a good, if not great, CD. The music is enjoyable (the rythms work especially well) and I've tried to provide a brief idea of how I felt about each song. In general, I liked the first soundtrack better, but that's not to say this one isn't good.
1. The Power of One--Good song and uplifting lyrics, if not a mite loud at spots.
2. Dreams--This was probably one of the best on the CD, I'd never have guessed the singer was only 12.
3. They Don't Understand--What can I say? I hated this one. The music itself wasn't too great, and all the lyrics do is reinforce the gap between kids and parents (and I do know some parents who enjoy Pokemon).
4. Wonderland--While not quite on par with Catch Me if You Can from the first soundtrack, this is still a good song.
5. With All Your Heart--Carries the message heard throughout many of the songs that one person can make a lot of difference.
6. The Extra Mile--This was another one of the best songs on the CD, wonderful lyrics and good sound to boot.
7. Flying Without Wings--Not too bad, hard to say things too specific about all the different songs;)
8. Pokemon World--Okay, it's not the best rendition of the new Pokemon World theme song, but it's wasn't THAT bad (and the I loved the weird little electronic sound replacing the words "Master of them all").
9. Blah, Blah, Blah--This song's saving grace might have been its music, but the lyrics ripped that all down: even worse than number three, this song is offending in promoting the idea that Pokemon is more important than everything else one could be doing, and parents/teachers are just nagging. And I'm a Pokemon fanatic, so don't think I'm just providing a biased review, either.
10. Polkamon--Unlike number nine, above, this was probably my absolute favorite of all the songs on this CD. Yankovic's weird but enrapturing style strikes again, urging everybody to "Polka, mon!" Sidesplitting, what more can be said to describe it?
11. The Chosen One--An interesting way of setting the prophecy proclaiming Ash the world's savior to music. Oddly enticing.
12. One Heart--Much like many of the other titles involving the power of One, they tend to become generic (not to say each one can't be good in its own right, but there isn't as much to say about each individual song).
13. One--See above:p
14. Comin' to the Rescue--Well done, fast-paced.
15. Dance of the Bellossom--A good beat, but rather disconcerting that only the Pokemon are providing lyrics (and it worked better with the visuals in the movie). A fun song, at any rate.
16. The Legend Comes to Life--This was an incredible instrumental piece from the movie's score. I loved it in the movie and it works just as well on the soundtrack; my second favorite (no, it can't beat Polkamon--but it's a close second).
All-in-all, this CD is worth getting, but, as stated, not quite as good as the first one.
on July 19, 2000
After buying the first Pokemon soundtrack, I had high expectations for the second soundtrack. So I was the first (and only) one in line at my local record store to get the first copy. After listening to it a couple of times, I have mixed feelings about it. The song featured some of music best writers and producers working with a lot of young talent, yet only one song really had an impact on me. "Dreams" is sung by 12 year old Alysha, who won a contest with Tonos, a website founded by producers David Foster, Babyface, and songwriter Carole Bayer Sager. Now I think 12 years old is very early for an artist to start a career, even now when teenagers are dominating the industry. However this is the Pokemon soundtrack and who watches Pokemon? So it seems only fitting that the best song on the album comes from a young girl who might enjoy watching the show just as much as the fans do. "Dreams" is a mid-tempo song that is both lyrically and musically is far superior then anything else on this album. The song talks about believing in your heart that anything you dream of can become a reality if you never give up on making it come true. What a great message to send to little kids! Musically the song was written by Rodney Jerkins and his Darkchild family, who are second to none when it comes to creating creative melody's that stick in your head. The overall melody is very strong, but what's so amazing is Alysha takes the melody to another level, giving it that special sound that makes this song so great. Vocally, I was amazed how mature Alysha sounds on the song. You can tell that this young girl's dream has come true just by the way she sings the song, The confidence she sings with makes you really believe in what she's singing. There are a lot of great young female singers in this business, but I don't think anyone has ever sounded so believable when singing a song like Alysha does on this track. Now as for the other songs, well, let me ask you this....Do you think a seven year old really is going to listen to Donna Summer's soaring ballad "The Power Of One?" These Pokemon soundtracks should be directed at little kids who like to sing and dance to catchy lyrics and melodies. I can't see my five year old cousin (who loves Pokemon) listening to all of the over-the-top ballads that are featured on this album. I'm not saying the songs aren't well done, but come on! However the kids will like the songs that Weird Al , the B-52's and O-Town (their second song) recorded, but other then that I don't know! Next time Atlantic, remember who watches Pokemon, and don't just rely on who's buying the records these days!
on July 19, 2000
I thought this Pokemon soundtrack was even better than the first one! Instead of all the big fancy name artists you have the complete opposite. The stars of the new millenium giving it all they've got; and what a great job. Truly the only names you'll at hand remember Donna Summer, the B-52's, and "Weird Al" Yankovic, but they are followed up w/ up-comers: Youngstown, Nobody's Angel, O-Town, plus ONE, Westlife, Angela Via, Denisse Lara, Laura Pausini, Dream Street,Alysha, and Devotion 2 Music! Who are they you're thinking? Trust me you'll want this cd! This is there start, my friends. As a whole they're Powerful Message of Making a Difference in this chaotic world through song as they come together on one cd, will really make you want to get out there jump, dance, sing and go for the gold!
on October 3, 2000
I can't boast about buying this CD Via Amazon, in fact I purchased it from HMV in the UK on import. But its whats on the CD that matters and this CD has it all. Parents and kids can relate a like to all the songs from Donna summers powerful performance of "the power of one" to The very Lyric catching Blah, Blah, Blah or dreams. In general a must for any pokemon fan-who is living in the Uk waiting for the 2nd movie to be released (it gives an idea of what to expect and the bonus tailer really ties in with the "wonderland" song. or just people who like pokemon music. It gets a BIG Thumbs up from the UK. And I look forward to the movie release in Dec 2000. Rock on pokemon.
on July 19, 2000
I thought the cd was pretty good the only reason I even thought of buying it was Westlife. My favourite song is on this album! I love "Flying Without Wings" it is the sweetest, nicest song. I love how it is arranged the harmonies are brilliant. Mark has such a beautiful voice! I think that everyone should give the song a listen to. Westlife is very talented and they have great songs. I think the best part of this cd was "Flying Without Wings." If you like it I would buy their self-titled cd. Well, the rest of the cd seemed kind of boring...so I guess just listen to "Flying Without Wings"! PS Nicky should sing some more he has a great voice!
on July 18, 2000
With the likes of Weird Al Yankovic and Donna Summer, Pokemon 2000 - The Power of One blends inspirational tracks with uplifing pop tracks from today's up and coming stars.
The movie's premise deals with one person's ability to make a difference in the world that they live in. The tracks on this CD underscore that premise with tracks that are uplifing and very positive. This is a worthy addition to any Pokemon fan's collection. Even if one is not a fan of this wildly popular craze, the CD has tracks from top name artists.
on December 25, 2000
I'm really 14 but I can't be bothered to register... Most of the songs here are pretty good, except for Flying Without Wings, Bellossom and the really CRAP Polkamon. Blah Blah Blah, They Don't Understand and Dreams are my faves, due to their catchy tunes and the fact that two of them are about kids getting looked down on for playing the Pokemon game. I can relate to THAT... PS The theme tune (Pokemon World) is better here than on the cartoon!
on December 24, 2003
This CD has many great Pokemon songs for all Pokemon lovers. My favorites were:
#1 The Power Of One
#6 One
#7 Flying Without Wings
#9 Blah, Blah, Blah
#10 Polkamon
I would recommend this CD to anyone with a passion for Pokemon.
I will be purchasing more Pokemon CD's from Amazon soon, and will give recommendations for those too.
on July 20, 2000
This CD really isn't bad. Most songs (like Power of One and Dreams) have such inspirational lyrics and many had very catchy tunes. I'm glad I bought it, and I can't wait to see the movie.