4.0 out of 5 stars Handy
I like this bread slicer. I love the size of the slices it makes and how easy it is to use. My only issue is that the crumb catcher doesn't really catch ALL the crumbs. It's not a big deal.

Overall, this was well worth the money. I love it.
Published on Oct. 13 2011 by CaleyWalker

3.0 out of 5 stars Use an Electric Knife
After reading all the reviews, I was a little skeptical about buying this.

Not going to lie: the crumb catcher fell apart the moment it came out of the box. The little wooden slats are very fragile and come off easily. We glued it back together. No big deal.

Published 16 months ago by cdnfemme

3.0 out of 5 stars Use an Electric Knife, April 10 2013
This review is from: Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher (Kitchen)
After reading all the reviews, I was a little skeptical about buying this.

I could TOTALLY see how someone would give this a bad review. I can't imagine cutting bread in this with a manual knife. It would be difficult to line everything up and hold the bread straight simultaneously.

If you have an electric knife, this contraption works very well. I bought it at the same time I bought my Cuisinart Knife. If you line the knife up well, you get consistent slices from even the grainiest breads. Really, all you probably need is an electric knife and you'll get uniform slices from your bread without this slicer.

The major thing I don't like about it is that it takes up a lot of cupboard space. I'm sure one day it'll end up in the back of my cupboard, forgotten.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy, Oct. 13 2011
This review is from: Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher (Kitchen)

Overall, this was well worth the money. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bread Slicer, Feb. 1 2013
This review is from: Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher (Kitchen)
Works Great I Really Like it. But It Only Lasted A Few Weeks And Then One Of The PLASTIC Guides Broke. I Had To Do Some Modifications To Make It Work Until The New One Came In. Yes I Ordered A Second One, Hoping To Have This One Last Longer.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Re: Up date, Feb. 10 2012
albertabob "albertabob" (St Albert, Alberta, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher (Kitchen)
Without me know anything about it the supplier sent out a replacement without any cost. Apparently they sent an email, that went astray. In any case the supplier must be commended for their effort to stand behind their customer and their product. All of this occured the day I wrote my first review, the new unit arrived that evening.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, May 10 2014
This review is from: Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher (Kitchen)
I can but my home made bread evenly and no more eye guessing. However, i will suggest make the slot with wood instead of hard plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bread Slice, April 14 2014
This review is from: Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher (Kitchen)
Works great, we make our own bread and this solves the cutting it even with each slice. Would recommend it for anyone who needs to cut even slices.

3.0 out of 5 stars Need a long knife, March 27 2014
This review is from: Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher (Kitchen)
You might have to buy a new knife to use this product, as the spacing between the ends is quite long

5.0 out of 5 stars Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher, March 9 2014
This review is from: Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher (Kitchen)
This is a great bread slicer although I somehow did break one of the bars off -- my husband hates thick sliced bread so these are pretty ok and the crumb catcher part is good too

4.0 out of 5 stars Good choice, March 7 2014
This review is from: Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher (Kitchen)
This slicer sure makes a difference. At first the knife seemed a little short, but with a little practice it makes the bread slices look like store bought. You just have to let the bread cool sufficiently and let the knife do all the work.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bread Slicer, Jan. 31 2014
This review is from: Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher (Kitchen)
This devices needs a longer bread knife to slice the bread. Your normal size knife bread keeps slipping out of the groves. Love the crumb catcher

Norpro Bread Slicer and Guide with Crumb Catcher