march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 23, 2014
The average bread knife (8" blade) is simply just not long enough to be able to use this effectively. It works okay if you use an electric knife.

I would not recommend purchasing this item but rather look for a narrower version that can be used properly or purchase a knife with the longest blade possible.

Too bad it is not about an inch or more narrower. A great idea would be to have an adjustable width feature.

Price is high for the quality.

Update: Purchased 10" bread knife on Amazon. Works well now. Needed a manual blade for cutting when others are sleeping. Using the electric knife was like using a chainsaw in terms of noise!
on December 15, 2014
I should have read the other reviews before buying. You can only get a 1 inch stroke with my bread knife unless you want to line up the far end between each stroke making the unit almost worthless as a slicing guide. The only good thing is that it does seem to catch most of the crumbs. We're already (after 1 use) talking about removing the guides and just use the tray to catch the crumbs. We've thought of returning it but the cost of return postage is about half the cost of the unit so not worth the hassle. It will probably end up in the garbage as I don't have counter/cupboard space to waste.
on April 10, 2013
After reading all the reviews, I was a little skeptical about buying this.

Not going to lie: the crumb catcher fell apart the moment it came out of the box. The little wooden slats are very fragile and come off easily. We glued it back together. No big deal.

I could TOTALLY see how someone would give this a bad review. I can't imagine cutting bread in this with a manual knife. It would be difficult to line everything up and hold the bread straight simultaneously.

If you have an electric knife, this contraption works very well. I bought it at the same time I bought my Cuisinart Knife. If you line the knife up well, you get consistent slices from even the grainiest breads. Really, all you probably need is an electric knife and you'll get uniform slices from your bread without this slicer.

The major thing I don't like about it is that it takes up a lot of cupboard space. I'm sure one day it'll end up in the back of my cupboard, forgotten.
on January 18, 2014
No more wonky slices of bread or worrying about cutting yourself when slicing bagels! The crumb tray is also very handy as you don't have to clean up the counter or floor when you are done.
The board itself needs to be treated as it scratches and cuts easily. I also noted that the screws were not included. This is not a big deal as it only cost 30cents to get 4 of them at the local hardware store.
on October 13, 2011
I like this bread slicer. I love the size of the slices it makes and how easy it is to use. My only issue is that the crumb catcher doesn't really catch ALL the crumbs. It's not a big deal.

Overall, this was well worth the money. I love it.
on August 17, 2015
After a while the plastic upright guides started snapping off as I used it. The wood on the bottom is also getting cut to pieces. Poor choice of material. It is almost useless now, as there are only a few plastic guides left. They need stronger material.
on September 16, 2013
You need a really long bread knife for this to work well. With standard length knives you slip inside the far side guide and because it's made with cheap plastic, it breaks when you bang into it while slicing back the other way.
on March 7, 2014
This slicer sure makes a difference. At first the knife seemed a little short, but with a little practice it makes the bread slices look like store bought. You just have to let the bread cool sufficiently and let the knife do all the work.
on February 10, 2012
Without me know anything about it the supplier sent out a replacement without any cost. Apparently they sent an email, that went astray. In any case the supplier must be commended for their effort to stand behind their customer and their product. All of this occured the day I wrote my first review, the new unit arrived that evening.
on February 1, 2013
Works Great I Really Like it. But It Only Lasted A Few Weeks And Then One Of The PLASTIC Guides Broke. I Had To Do Some Modifications To Make It Work Until The New One Came In. Yes I Ordered A Second One, Hoping To Have This One Last Longer.

Thanks