Published 16 months ago by BuyerBuyer

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published on Dec 11 2010 by DaniR

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Dec 11 2010
This review is from: Classic Christmas Favorites (DVD)
We were really disappointed. The item description on Amazon made it sound like these were the classic shows that we watched as kids, but the only one that was the one we wanted was the original Grinch. The others were actually sequels. The originals for Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Frosty the Snowman were NOT on here, but some different sequels that came out after apparently that neither one of us had seen. This was NOT the one we wanted and we were disappointed, but of course couldn't return it because we took the plastic wrap off to watch them, only to find out as we were watching them that they weren't the right ones...

5.0 out of 5 stars Just As I Expected. A Definite Must Have For A Christmas Collection, Nov. 28 2012
BuyerBuyer - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Classic Christmas Favorites (DVD)
Some people on here wrote some very upsetting reviews. I ordered anyways. I don't know what the problem is. I got all the movies that were described here and some. No errors with the discs another person said. As for the Grinch this is the original Grinch, it's the same as the deluxe version you can buy on here. The original Grinch was 30 minutes long. Same with year without a Santa Claus, it is also the same Deluxe version you can also buy.

These aren't the official classics but a few on here are classics. I'd recommend purchasing the other holiday classics sets.

This set has;

Grinch (Deluxe)(original Dr Suess classic)
Leprechauns Christmas Gold
Pinocchio's Christmas
The Stingiest Man In Town
The Year Without A Santa Claus(Deluxe)(original Rankin/bass classic)
Rudolph's Shiny New Year(the original Rankin/bass classic)
Nestor, The Long Eared Christmas Donkey
Frostys Winter Wonderland.
Twas the Night Before Christmas.
Frostys Christmas In July (not listed on the box anywhere but Included.)

The Other Set;

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (original Rankin/bass classic)
Cricket on the Hearth
Frosty the Snowman (original Rankin/bass classic)
Frosty Returns (original Rankin/bass classic)
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (original Rankin/bass classic)
Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol
The Little Drummer Boy

Hope I've cleared up some confusion. Have Fun. I have both for my Christmas collection.

1.0 out of 5 stars And all the viewers cried "boo who who who"...., March 18 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: How the Grinch Stole Christmas / Horton Hears a Who (Full Screen) (DVD)
Everything you read is true! This Grinch is yellow and drab. The disk lacks the wonderful bright colors that everyone has a right to expect when buying the DVD version of a TV special they could see every year for free. Not that there is anything wrong with original--it's fabulous, 5-stars as far as Christmas specials go. But this version is thoroughly ruined by bad mastering. Wait for the re-release. Don't get caught! The correction is probably on its way and you can be sure they won't sneak it out--it will have new packaging, probably some new extras, and be clearly marked "remastered".
If you own the DVD and have your doubts (some reviewers seem to), try this: Take a look at the documentary extra hosted by Troy McClure. Throughout the documentary, they run clips of the Grinch in the background where the color is RIGHT! A beautiful bright-green Grinch--just like you remember. Compare that to the main feature (the thing you actually paid for), where he is washed out and nearly yellow.
After living 15 years in Denmark I really came to miss some of the Christmas specials from my youth in the USA. I suppose anybody in the US with cable gets quite sick of these, but for me, the Grinch and Charlie Brown's Christmas were always an important part of building the Christmas spirit. Well, the spirit here seems to be all about greed and incompetence; sell the defective version this year, then sell the corrected version to the same people next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, April 9 2013
Guy Misener "The Taz" (Mount Albert, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Christmas Favorites (DVD)
We've enjoyed this DVD set many times if you like Christmas you'll love this DVD combo pack. Highly recommend both seller and product.

5.0 out of 5 stars :D, Nov. 27 2012
I LOVE THIS. I LOVE IT SOO MUST. BETTER THAN THE FREAKING JIM CARYY MOVIE. I LOVE THIS SO MUSH!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamyas review of the grinch (age 6 ), Dec 9 2000
By A Customer
I love this video because its funny and the Grinch has a funny smile.He was very mean because he had a small heart like a strawberry. I watch this a lot and with my friends.I feel bad for the Grinchs dog because he doesnt want to be mean. I would like to visit Whoville oneday and visit the Grinch.

5.0 out of 5 stars You're a Mean One Mr Grinch!, Oct. 1 2001
Robin McDonald (USA) - See all my reviews
Chuck Jones, America's premiere comic animator was firing on all pistons when he adapted Dr. Seuss' famous tale of the small hearted Grinch and his good hearted dog Max who almost stopped Christmas from coming. This version is new and improved. While the last DVD included both stories of the unlucky "Whos" with a blow by blow commentary, the new digitally enhanced version includes a sweet little documentary hosted by our sadly departed Saturday Night Live comic Phil Hartman. There is only a slight improvement in the digitally enhanced version over the early analog copy. One of the things people find most peculiar things about watching the Grinch is that he is mustard yellow with a brown collar. This is extra disturbing now as on the DVD cover and the new Jim Carrey live action Grinch is very green. When the Grinch steals into Whoville on Christmas eve you will notice he becomes a bit greener because it is a convention in animation to add blue to the paint at night. So rest assured, especially those of you who purchase the digitally enhanced copy, they did not screw up the color. Notice the green packages and the plonking Who-blonkers have many perfectly subtle shades of green when the Grinch stands near. An interesting bit of Grinch trivia is the identity of the deep voiced singer who sang the song about the evil Mr. Grinch. Why it is none other but the voice of children's cereal favorite Tony the Tiger, Thurl Ravenscroft. He was hired to do the voice at the last minute and did the whole thing in just a couple hours and left. He was never credited in the film and Dr. Suess apologized to him later as his voice helped make the film immortal.Boris Karloff narrates and voices the Grinch. If you wish to reminisce about the original children's book, type "Grinch text" into your search engine and select the top choices and you can re-read the text and see the original illustrations.
Included on the disc is "Horton Hears a Who". The story of the faith of the good-hearted elephant with big ears who recognizes that a person is a person no matter how small. Horton hears a "Who" on a dust speck and must convince his unbelieving friends and the evil Wickersham brothers not to "Boil that dust speck". Either version, Digitally enhanced or not are fairly comparable if you are interested in just the movies. Neither version is widescreen as the cartoon was made for TV.
Its classic timeless Christmas tale with nice extras including its welcome companion Horton.

5.0 out of 5 stars WRONG DVD?????, Nov. 21 2011
Glenn Esau (New Glasgow Nova Scotia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Classic Christmas Favorites (DVD)
I purchased this DVD set and, like many others, received the wrong The Year Without s Santa Claus. I tried to exchange, but it did not help. I than went to other store's reviews on the product where someone listed a number to call Warner for a replacement. I called and explained what happened and am told the right disk will be mailed out to me and I do not need to send anything back.

Here is the information:
Warner Customer Support 800-553-6937

1.0 out of 5 stars shorter grinch,not classics, Nov. 19 2011
This review is from: Classic Christmas Favorites (DVD)
i wanted to buy this for my daughter last year to introduce her to all the classics.i also thought frosty and original classics were on this and did not realize until i watched it :( i never grew up watching these versions so i really think that they should change the title. I am not fond of any of these.

i could be wrong but the grinch version also seems shorter then the original,maybe it was remastered or redone somehow. That was my fave reason for buying this dvd actually.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best holiday movie, Dec 23 2005
I adore the movie. It has to be the best Christmas movie out there! It teaches children to not be greedy, and to lve and share not matter how you feel about that person. It is a movie for people of all ages. I have the animated version and the the real one. I have been watching it since as long as i can remember. A movie that eveybody should buy and definetly keep for your children or friends. Every christmas we always get up early so we put on "how the grinch stole christmas" and watch it until everybody in the house is awake. I would watch it when it would be the first day of fall that it snows. Just the best movie anybody could watch. Everything in it was superb and cute. The songs are the type that you can sing along to and watch little children dance. I just absolutely love it! People may think that it is childish but i can't stop watching it ove and over again. I must know all the words to it now. I was about to go to HMV and buy it for my twin daughters when my husband brought it home. It is a movei that everybody will remember, and laugh about no matter what.

ARRAY(0xa9a623f0)

How the Grinch Stole Christmas / Horton Hears a Who (Full Screen)
CDN$ 18.95