march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on May 12, 2014
I only used this waffle maker six times so far but it bakes perfectly, no stick and easy to clean. Two pieces of advice - really need to use 3/4 cup of batter per waffle to get it evenly spread on the grid and do not slam the top, place it gingerly so it will not splash. This way you'll never have to clean the baker other than to wipe the grid afterwards. If you also follow time recommended in the recipe book you will always get the waffle baked to perfection. My only complain is that the recipe book has too few recipes (adapting other recipes to the machine takes time and some additional work). I tripled the recipe and froze some of the waffles, they are really good and a quick breakfast fix when you don't have time for something else. The chocolate waffles are really yummy and if you pair them with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream and berries they can become a very nice dessert.
on May 23, 2013
I researched waffle makers for quite a long time, even much more expensive ones and based on reviews decided to go with this one because the price just couldn't be beat. It makes great belgian waffles, and we use it at least once per week, and so far it has been perfect! I also picked one up as a gift for a family member and they love it too. My only complaint about it would be the ease of cleaning. I wish that the plates were removable for easier cleaning, but other than that it's perfect.
on November 25, 2015
No buttons, just plug it in to turn it on and unplug it to turn it off. I've made quite a few waffles and clean it only occasionally and haven't had any problems. I can't imagine a better waffle maker without upgrading to one of those fancy rotating ones.
on October 9, 2012
Honestly, this waffle maker is awesome! I used for my first try one of the recipes from the booklet and they end up surprisingly good and nicely golden. It takes a while to find out exactly how much batter to put in, but it's to be expected.

Pros:
- Does not stick so the cleaning is super easy (except if you put too much batter!)
- Doesn't take too much time to warm up.
- They say it takes 5 to 8 min to cook the waffles, but I found out +/-3min was enough (I like them golden, not brown!).
- Small size
- Super easy to use
- Price

Cons:
- Is is pretty light and I had the filling that it may fell back if you open it a too fast or too hard... Didn't happen but I would be extra careful with children around.
- The handle starts to get really hot after the 5th or 6th waffle.
- The shape of the handle doesn't feel "safe" to grab... you can just use the tip of your fingers... you will understand this comment if you get one...

so, basically, it is not perfect, but I think it's a great deal for many people because honestly, do you really need the Super-Fancy-Super-Expensive one???? I would not recommend for a big family though.
on March 14, 2015
I got this for my daughter and son in law for Christmas (2014). They really like it. I've bought, over the years, quite a few not-really-all-that successful presents. This, I'm glad to report, isn't one of them. It's quite stylish, too, by the way.
on May 26, 2011
This Waffle Baker creates the perfect sized waffles and comes with recipes that, of the ones I've tried, taste fantastic.

The waffles that are made tear extremely easily into four equal quadrants.

The baker itself preheats very quickly and cooks extremely fast. I found myself taking out the waffle after only 3 minutes for my preferred waffle-fluffiness.
on May 23, 2013
I have been looking for a perfect waffle maker for a while. My kid loves waffle, but not the frozen "eggo" waffle from Loblaws, she loves the waffle with golden surface and "deep holes". And this little waffle maker is just perfect, it creates the waffle with perfect size and color.
I didn't use the recipe in its manual book, I just hated to separate eggs and beat them. I googled "waffle recipe" and found one at "allrecipes.com"-the first line of result, and "waffle I" is very easy to prepare and also tastes good.

Only drawback of the machine, it is difficult to clean since the plate is not removable. You can never wash it.
review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 10, 2013
This is a fabulous waffle maker. I use it to make my own gluten free waffles. I do actually bake for about 7 mins and they come out crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.

A few people have commented on it being difficult to clean. The secret with a nonstick waffle maker is to never, ever oil it. If you do, you will end up with a sticky residue on it that is pretty much impossible to fully clean, and your subsequent waffles will stick even more.

I replaced a previous waffle maker because I hadn't known this and had gummed it up.

Now, having never oiled this one, I get perfect waffles every time and, when I finish using it, it still looks clean and just needs a quick wipe down and it's back in the cupboard.
on October 10, 2014
I bought this waffle maker because it was so cheap and it has so many great reviews. I was not disappointed. This waffle iron has literally no features, it just comes on when you plug it in, and I'm perfectly happy with that for the 1 time per month that I make waffles. It also has a pretty small footprint, so it's easy to store. I can't recommend this enough, I really like it a lot.
on July 28, 2014
Cheap, ugly looking, but makes great waffles. Unless you're a waffle freak or some kind, don't spend your money on a fancy waffle maker. That one does the job very well. But hide it somewhere, it looks like it was make in the early 90's or something.

See 1 answered question