4.0 out of 5 stars psone is sick in 2004 still
First of all psone is not old second sony doing great keep
Published on April 26 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Great at the time, but not the best now
This was definetly one of the best game units at the time. Obviously, PS2 has brought about many better games. My son still plays with it even though we have a Gamecube now. For the cost conscious buyer this is still one of the best choices out there.
Published on April 19 2003 by Linda Thornley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars psone is sick in 2004 still, April 26 2004
By A Customer
First of all psone is not old second sony doing great keep
making games for the psone. However says stop making games well I don't want to sound mean, but theres alot of kids whos parents just cant get a exspensive system then they tell you they will get one soon. (...)I hope this helped if you like not so good graphics, but fun games this good if you want a system you just play get this it's cheap. I'll tell ya when I get enough i'm saving at $50.00 for the game and memory and also the game i,m getting xenogears is sick i,ll tell you how it is i,m getting mine in may so wait for my next review I can't wait to see how it is. Oh i'm getting small psone it cost more then the big one I might get one or not well see. Oh yeah I'm selling gameboy advance it makes me kinda sad, i'll get over it. So same time same place ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony's gone down the drain but will never be forgotten, March 24 2004
This review is from: Sony Ps One Console - PlayStation (Video Game)
Ever since PS2 came out the first thing they should of done is say good by to ps1...WHAT THE F....When 2 comes out why would you still make games for 1. Sometimes I think this stupid looking white psone isnt even a psone. The real psone or should I say psx had a great look. Kina grey silver.
AND SOME OF THE MOST WELL RESPECTED GAMES OR SHOULD I SAY BEST/GREATEST GAMES EVER MADE!
Resident Evil
Twisted Metal 4
syphon filter
sf2
sf3
So many games that were great
Parasite eve
parasite eve 2
GREAT GAMES! but....................
That ended when They released the new psONE!
If I can remember these were the games that came out for this
psx wannabe......
Jimmy neutron.....
Monsters inc...
Sponge bob........
Celebrity Deathmatch.....
Is it just me or has psone gone kiddie all of a sudden......I dont have any of those disgrace of a games..no offence to the children who have that...Its just that psx should have done what N64 did....STOP MAKING GAMES!!
Thats why if this system stops making games we can look back and say how good it was BUT NOOOO THERE STILL MAKIN GAMES AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.......THEY HAVE TO STOP!!!!
But over all if u wanna get this so called psONE!!! BE MY FRIGGIN GUEST BUT dont forget those classics..........

5.0 out of 5 stars "Whenever, wherever, forever", Feb. 23 2004
N. Durham "Big Evil" (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Ps One Console - PlayStation (Video Game)
The most popular video game system since the original 8-bit Nintendo, Sony's new re-styled PSOne game console is a sight to behold as it's even smaller the minute Sega Dreamcast, and with the LCD screen (which is sold seperately) this is just as great a portable system as the GameBoy Advance. Not to mention the PSOne is the perfect system to introduce new gamers to (even though there are loads of Mature rated games, there are plenty of kid friendly games like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon). Featuring a library of over 1,000 games (all are affordable), most of which can be found at any game retailer, spanning any and every genre. Even though any PSOne game's graphics can't compare to any of the 128 bit juggernauts, the gameplay of many of the games (like the Final Fantasy and Tony Hawk series) is still fresh. Below is a list of essential games for the PSOne that are still as enjoyable today as they were a few years ago:
Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil 2
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

5.0 out of 5 stars Playstation One-Never Say Die......., Jan. 28 2004
Stephen A. Lambert "DS Player, PC gamer" (Plainfield, NH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Ps One Console - PlayStation (Video Game)
Years ago, as everyone else, I purchased an original psx system with several games. Now, years later as the next generation consoles swarm the market, I find myself going back to the psx! The high points: The system has tons of games to choose from, in any genre you can think of. I prefer role-playing and strategy games, however, action, arcade, driving, first person, etc., you're not left out by far. Playability is second to none, although load times are a little slow, the ease of this game system to play puts a smile on this gamer's face. Remember my old adage: The play makes the games, not the graphics. Graphics, IMHO, are secondary to actually enjoying the game you're playing. Fluff factor aside, the game has to have some depth, or it's just another pretty face (pun intended). At this price, with this vast library to choose from, you can't go wrong. Many classic games exist on this system (Final Fantasy 9, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Twisted Metal), all around the $15.00 mark now. All in all, a very enjoyable system and well worth spending less money on for more bang for your buck. You shan't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed by Game Critic and Owner of Over 350 Games., Nov. 7 2003
This review is from: Sony Ps One Console - PlayStation (Video Game)
THE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED SONY PLAYSTATION (PSX) GOT A SECOND WIND WHEN IT UNDER GONE A METAMORPHESIS AND BECAME THE PSone. IT'S NOW SMARTER, STRONGER, FASTER THAN EVER BEFORE.
Well actually it's just smaller, cheaper, and more portable than ever before. Came about in 1995 and since then made Sony the pinnacle name in video games. A Masterpiece of its time, second only to its younger brother. The new, redefined, recreated PSX console breath new life into a dying system. A force not to be wrecking with, this little monster out lived and out sold its rival the Nintendo 64, and even out lived and out sold the first 128-bit console the Sega Dreamcast. That says allot, because I'll be the first to admit those were both great systems in their own right, but the fact is this was just a little bit more. Those two systems were limited to just a few really good games and had some high points. The PSone delivers on everything.
The Features
-Great price, the system cost the same amount as a single Playstation 2, Gamecube, or Xbox game
-Plays all games in the PSX library
-Plays Audio CD's
-Some game disc can be put in a CD player to play the games soundtracks
-LCD screen and car adaptor accessories can be bought to turn your system portable
-Dual Shock controller included
-Dual Shock 2 (Playstation 2 controller compatible)
-Save game data, high scores, secrets, etc on a memory card
-Get accessories for it to enhance your gaming, mouse, steering wheel, arcade controller, Namco Guncon
-Has spawned the greatest game series since the Nintendo
Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, Gran Turismo, Medal of Honor, Ace Combat, Tenchu, Driver, Syphon Filter, a redefined Final Fantasy starting with VII, redefined Castlevania, Tekken, Soulblade, Silent Hill, Dino Crisis, Need for Speed, Tomb Raider, just to name a few.
View my profile to find the listmania lists titled "The 10 Greatest Gaming Systems Of All-Time Ranked!" to see what number this system ranked against the best.
This product gets my Marc Antomattei "Gold" award of excellence.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOLD THE PHONE!, Oct. 14 2003
This review is from: Sony Ps One Console - PlayStation (Video Game)
Let's take a good look at the gaming world and lets discuss WHY you buy a system. You buy it to enjoy the games and eventhough there is no need to buy a PSOne with the PS2 out it may not be the worst idea after all.
But it isn't about what's better, it's all about the games! PS2 has some good games but the PSX has better ones. While you can play PSOne games on your PS2 I find that a very stupid reason to give it one star.
There are several games on the PSOne that simply won't work the way their supposed to on the PS2. The PSOne is NOT meant to be bought if you have the original PSX released in 1996. The PSOne is to the PSX what the SNES2 was to the SNES.
Still, it's nice to have a PSOne should something like say...your PS2 breaks on you and you play PSOne games a lot more than all this new stuff. Well that happened to me and it was nice to just take it out of my PS2 and pop it into my PSOne where I could continue gaming.
Obviously I'm going to say get a PS2 as opposed to this but that doesn't mean you just toss this one out. You may need it. Just say your PS2 DOES break and you're playing a PSOne game when it happens. Just take it out and pop it into your PSOne. Who cares if it's old? The SNES is 12 years old and people still play that like crazy!
Gaming shoudln't be about the most powerful system it should be about the games! So while the PSOne certainly wouldn't be my first choice it surely isn't the last. PSOne has some old games that are still considered classics in the realm of gaming.
So even if you have a PS2, this is only costing you fifty dollars ya know! It's like going out and buying a PS2 or XBOX game and the memory cards don't even cost a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars notice all the bad reviews are about games, not the system!!, Nov. 3 2003
Amazon Customer "Dani" (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Ps One Console - PlayStation (Video Game)
If your looking for a great game system with portability, this puppy is it!! I bought mine not so long ago (with LCD screen already attached) and am hooked! The setup also can be combined with a battery pack, but I didn't purchase it. (though if you want to know, the one I saw was about $30) Both of the negative reviews for the system center on games for the system, and any system will have bad games, but thats not what this review should be about. If you want to review games, review the GAME, not the SYSTEM. The only complaint is whats been said before, it has a tendency to heat up, but I can and have still played it for hours on end with no problem. But a tip, if you get the LCD screen, don't close the screen and leave the system on for any length of time. It happened to me accidentally and while there are no bad effects, the heat from the system overheated the screen and turned it black until I was able to let it cool for a day.

4.0 out of 5 stars not psx, April 2 2004
This review is from: Sony Ps One Console - PlayStation (Video Game)
This game system is not the psx, psx is sonys latest system and will be released in Japan this year. However the PS1 has half decent graphics,(the sound is all the same to me) and a large selection of kick ass games! its cons are some games may give you a headach and its outdated. other than that its very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars More bang for your buck, March 2 2004
This review is from: Sony Ps One Console - PlayStation (Video Game)
Ok-So I am not on the PS2 bandwagon-Not yet at least. Once the 2 comes down in price, I may get one-I almost bought a PS2 last week, but I steped back and figured with the games and everything I wanted, I would have spent an easy 300-400 bucks. I went ahead and purchased a brand-new PSONE for fifty dollars-What a steal, and I was very happy. I purchased a starter kit with a DS controller, memory card, AV cable and X-tra cables and Game Shark on sale for 1.50!! I got a nice selection of games for around $50 dollars, and I am good to go. I like the portability and simplicity of this little unappreciated device. I can take it anywhere, and like the idea that I can attach a screen to it. I don't need a fancy console or device, so I may just stick with this for a long time-Even if I get a PS2, I will keep my PSone-Gil

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all!, Jan. 11 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Sony Ps One Console - PlayStation (Video Game)
I got this thing winter of 2002. It was very fun and I alwas wanted to play a crash bandicoot game. After a while, i did get bored with it. Than one day I saw that there was a screen for it and was pretty small. I got the Sony LCD (Liqud clear display) PS one screen. I got it becasue we go on loooong trips a few times a year and I got nothing to do, The playstation keep me busy!(note: you need a adapter to play in the car, plus the car has to be on.) I found out that it can also play Audio CD's (CD's with music on them), so when i got tired of playing or hearing my parents sing, pop in one, they'll get tired of you playing your CD's.the down side is that they don't make much games for it. the plus side... $50.00 only fifty!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Sony Ps One Console - PlayStation
Sony Ps One Console - PlayStation by SONY ELECTRONIC (PlayStation)
Used & New from: CDN$ 25.00