5.0 out of 5 stars Love it
I love the cd, very happy, lots of different songs both traditional and new songs, I don't think it will ever get tired of it around Christmas time.
Published 7 months ago by Tricia

1.0 out of 5 stars So bad it hurts my ears! Where's Bing When You Need Him?
There's no reason to give this album any stars! I bought this album around Christmas time a few years ago mainly because I liked Christina's dance remix of "Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire". When I listened to the rest of the album, I was about to turn this CD into a yulelog. If she were a contestant on American Idol, Simon Cowell would say, "That was bloody awful! I...
Published on Sept. 4 2003 by gretlcello

5.0 out of 5 stars My kind of CD, July 17 2002
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
"My Kind of Christmas" brought tears to my eyes when I first heard it, and it's been a constant companion to my CD player for the past two Christmases. I seriously could listen to it right now, but my family might think it's a little wierd. Every song is excellent, but the stand-outs are "Christmas Time," "This Year," "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," "Angels We Have Heard on High," "Merry Christmas, Baby," and "The Christmas Song." They are all beautiful. If people say Christina elongates too much or whatever, they're wrong. Her voice is amazing and will bring tears to your eyes! This CD is touching.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kind of CD, July 17 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST CD I EVER LISTENED, June 23 2002
Luis Canelada (Murcia - ESPAÑA (Spain - Europe)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
I Only can say: ABSOLUTLY PERFECT. It's one of the most impressionat CD's I have ver listened and for sure the best CD from Christina Aguilera. That's FANTASTIC!
I hope she will be able to do a New CD as good as this.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can listen to this in July., June 18 2002
Rhe (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
I love this cd! I know this will be a classic I will definitely listen to it every Christmas. I can even listen to it in July. Some people say she riffs too much, but I don't mind. Her voice sounds amazing on this cd. Some of my favorites are Christmas Time, This Year, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Angels We Have Heard on High, Merry Christmas, Baby, O Holy Night, and These Are The Special Times. On O Holy Night, her voice is amazingly beautiful. Especially when she sings the lines 'Fall on your knees, oh hear the angels voices'. Christina is going to go far with her voice, and this cd proves it. This is a must have Christmas cd. If you have any doubts at all, forget about them and go buy the cd!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good effort but needs to be toned down, June 14 2002
Kandy (Home of the Lost World) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
Christina has a beautiful voice and an impressive range. She has more staying power than Britney, who has a voice lacking so many things. The only problem is that Christina overdoes it by hitting high notes too many times, unnecessarily, in a single song. She just needs to tone it down and realize less is more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not My Kind of Christmas, May 31 2002
Nicole Imbeault (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
If it was possible to give this CD no stars, I would have. I am not a fan of Ms Aguilera. I don't like her voice and the way she uses it nor do I care for her image. She ruined the Diane Warren song, "These Are The Special Times". Celine's version is much better. Christina is a white singer trying to sound black with all of those endless and needless emblishments and constant trilling. Nothing is more annoying. Can't she sing any song normally? I wouldn't describe her voice as beautiful...she shouts too much. She is a teeny bopper pop tart just like Britney Spears, whom I equally despise. If you want to hear a good Christmas album, buy Celine's "These Special Times", Mariah's "Merry Christmas" or Jewel's holiday CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd, May 16 2002
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
THE GOOD
Very good Christmas cd with excellent songs on them. Especially The Christmas Song, Merry Christmas Baby, These are the special times(more on that in a minute) and even though I've never been big on holy songs (I know its Christmas but you know) they are very good as well and so are the other songs. This cd more than her self-titled shows what she is capable of vocally.
THE BAD
The only bad thing I can think of is that you can only listen to it once a year (unless your Mick Foley).
THE UGLY
Like her first cd are you people rating her cd or her? And how do you figure she stole These are the Special Times from Celine Dion? (No offence meant to her). First of all Christmas Carols are open territory. Would you say the hundreds of artist, groups etc who did White Christmas stole it from Bing Crosby? Of course not, so why is Christina any different? Also technically speaking the song belongs to Dianne Warren, not Celine Dione. Songs belong to the SONGWRITER who not the artist performing it and if DW wants her to do the song (and considering how christina did on I Turn to You I don't blame) so be it. You people are fishing for things to attack Christina with but in this case the She stole that from Celine is silly.

4.0 out of 5 stars My, My Christina, April 30 2002
Catherine M. Dorkin "willow100cm" (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
Christina Aguierla explodes in this Christmas album with traditional and orginal Christmas pieces. I will admit she embellishes a little too much with some songs but others, are just perfect. 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' is not usually a song to be reckoned with but, you would swear she was the first one to record it. Her embellishments are perfect, and does a jazzy version. Fabulous! This version should be turned into the classic.
The song that best suits her, and a big buying factor, is 'Merry Christmas, Baby'. Another Ella Fitzgerald like song, it's awsome. Her rendition of O Holy Night is incredible, and shows her indiniable talent. Even my cousin, who dislikes Christina to all end enjoyed this song. 'Christmas Song' was a great belt out way to start the CD - even her attempt in rapping (which is improving every time she does it). Definetly speaks about all kids around the world celebrating this Holiday. I never would have thought that a very Christian song (Angels We Have Heard On High) would sound good with drums and turned into r'b. Very Ella, and is a treat to the ears.
The enhanced CD portion is great, too. And, the CD packaging is extremly inviting, the colours are great and inviting. This CD is fabulous and will be enjoyed by all, even the (picky) parents and older siblings.

My Kind Of Christmas
My Kind Of Christmas by Christina Aguilera (Audio CD - 2000)