5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd
THE GOOD
Very good Christmas cd with excellent songs on them. Especially The Christmas Song, Merry Christmas Baby, These are the special times(more on that in a minute) and even though I've never been big on holy songs (I know its Christmas but you know) they are very good as well and so are the other songs. This cd more than her self-titled shows what she is...
Published on May 16 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars So bad it hurts my ears! Where's Bing When You Need Him?
There's no reason to give this album any stars! I bought this album around Christmas time a few years ago mainly because I liked Christina's dance remix of "Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire". When I listened to the rest of the album, I was about to turn this CD into a yulelog. If she were a contestant on American Idol, Simon Cowell would say, "That was bloody awful! I...
Published on Sept. 4 2003 by gretlcello

5.0 out of 5 stars I DON'T CARE, Dec 1 2003
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
ALL HTE PEOPLE WHO SAID THAT THIS ALBUM WAS BAD DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKIGN ABOUT .. DONT LISTEN TO THEM ... READING THESE REVIEWS ALMOST STOPPED ME FROM GETTING THIS CD .. BUT I THOUGHT, WHAT THE HECK, I GOT IT PLAYED IT AND COULDN'T STOP PLAYING IT. .. AWESOEM CD! WOO HOO LOL

1.0 out of 5 stars blasphemous, Oct. 21 2003
{HB}SharkMan (the ocean of Oblivion) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
this cd is pure trash, just look at the name, and shes practically naked on the cover. It disgusts me that the tramp she is would actually go after something like x-mas, i mean come on she just made this cd to get people mad at her again. This is dirty ol' man music.

1.0 out of 5 stars She can have her Christmas....., Oct. 15 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
This cd is nothing more than more product of a singer who wants to have more exposure than Britney and fails! I'm ashamed that my generation buys crap like this and thinks that wearing less clothes is what it takes to be a good singer.It's not!! Grow up!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST CD I EVER LISTENED, June 23 2002
Luis Canelada (Murcia - ESPAÑA (Spain - Europe)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
I Only can say: ABSOLUTLY PERFECT. It's one of the most impressionat CD's I have ver listened and for sure the best CD from Christina Aguilera. That's FANTASTIC!
I hope she will be able to do a New CD as good as this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Depend what you're looking for, Jan. 3 2014
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
I like really upbeat, pop Christmas albums. This was a bit traditional for my taste. Of course, Christina has one of the most spectacular voices out there, so she can sing the heck out of any carol, but I was hoping for something more dancey and fast-paced.

If you want timeless Christmas songs sung by a flawless voice this is for you. If you want something more pop, I'd recommend Justin Bieber's Christmas Album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Dec 18 2013
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
I love the cd, very happy, lots of different songs both traditional and new songs, I don't think it will ever get tired of it around Christmas time.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay!, Jan. 16 2003
Carla (New Orleans, Louisiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
I give it 3 stars. Some songs are cool and some could've been better. I didn't see the need for track #10. It could've been replaced with a song...But overall it's ok!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Christmas Album., Oct. 7 2009
Steph Feeney (The Shwa, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
"My Kind Of Christmas" seems to be a hit and miss album for Christina Aguilera, and it's really too bad that a lot of people kind of love to hate this album. I think it's wonderful, through out 2000 Christina Aguilera was recording both this album and her spanish album "Mi Reflejo" so it's pretty understandable why some people think this album is a little stumbly and rushed.

I personally though, think this is an essential Christmas album. I'm a huge Christina Aguilera fan, she's my close second right behind Bryan Adams and being familiar with Christina Aguilera's entire discography this is definitely an underrated diamond in the scope of Christina Aguilera's career, which is too bad because this album still showcases what Christina Aguilera does best - showcases her incredible vocal range and sings her heart out with so much passion that bleeds out onto these tracks with stellar results.

"Christmas Time" has become a Christmas staple for Christina. I hear this song a lot during the holiday season, and it is a nice little Christmas song. "Christmas Time", "This Year" has Christina sort of show her cute side with fun, innocent, sweet little Christmas songs. I remember reading the lyrics and just smiling. She can be so adorable at times, no one can even deny that.

"Angels We Have Heard On High" is a more mature Christmas song and talks about the birth of baby Jesus a little bit. "Merry Christmas Baby" has more of a tongue and cheek approach about a girl who's been treated very nicely during the holiday season.

"Oh Holy Night" is a the classic Christmas carol sang at Christina's best. This song has been sung over and over again by Lord knows how many people, but Christina did an excellent job here. "These Are The Special Times" talks about the special times that happen at Christmas where families are together doing traditional Christmas things, the whole old fashioned family gathering at Christmas thing.

"This Christmas" is more about finding love and the right man at Christmas. The hope and dream of kissing someone under the mistletoe who you're in love with.

"X-Tina's Xmas" is a nice little interlude sandwiched in between the two "The Christmas Song" versions.

"The Christmas Song" incorporates everything Christmas is about - the big dinner, Santa and his presents, toys, reindeer, snowmen, chestnuts over an open fire, singing Christmas carols, and how everyone from adults to children are going to enjoy the Christmas season and basically the overall scope of old fashioned characteristics of Christmas. The remix of this song, which is featured as the final track on the album is pretty effective as well.

That being said, an essential Christmas recording from Christina Aguilera and while I'm not one to buy Christmas albums I'm glad this one is in my collection because I'm a huge Christina Aguilera fan and have to have each of her albums. I have to thank my best friend, and big sister Megan for this album as she is the one who made the purchase and this is a great album that can't get lost in the shuffle. It's just too important. Five out of five stars, not just for the Christmas music that Christina blessed us with, but for the fact that I received it from my bestest friend in the whole world, my big siser - Megan.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Megan!! <3

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Aug. 4 2014
love it

My Kind Of Christmas
My Kind Of Christmas by Christina Aguilera (Audio CD - 2000)