5.0 out of 5 stars The best FNM album, no question!
Published on June 19 2004 by Damian Marshall

1.0 out of 5 stars Not My Style!
After listening four other Faith No More albums I listened this and I couldn't believe my ears. This was so different kind of music. "Annie's Song", "The Crab Song", "Faster Disco" were horrible to listen to. This is very bad. I was waiting for something better. The lyrics are boring and so are the melodies.
Published on Aug. 5 2003 by Reijo Piippula

5.0 out of 5 stars The best FNM album, no question!, June 19 2004
Damian Marshall (Prairiewood, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introduce Yourself (Audio CD)
Hmmm. I would guess that the reviews I've seen can be split into those who heard "The Real Thing" (or later) first, and those who were familiar with "Introduce Yourself" and "We Care A Lot". I was clearing out my garage a month or so back and came across this gem. I hadn't heard it in 10 years (no joke) and I was immediately blown away again! This is the sound of a band at the absolutely peak of their powers. The songs are barely contained in their intensity. "We Care A Lot" is patchy but shows promise and here it pays off, big time! In fact, for me, even 15 years after I first heard it, the opening chords of "The Real Thing" still ring in my head, for the simple reason that I thought they'd dropped the ball! From then on, FNM were a rock band, and a great one at that, but here they melded any music genre you could name, and did it brilliantly. Punk, metal, rap, sweeping electronica, it's all here. An awesome band and a, literally, awe inspiring album. If only all music was this good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuck was good too!,, April 4 2004
This review is from: Introduce Yourself (Audio CD)
When people talk about FNM they always refer to the Real Thing onwards, and appear to forget that FNM existed before Mike Patton. This along with We care a lot (their debut) are my favourite albums from these guys. Whilst admittedly Chuck Moseley is not as talented as Patton, his vocals nevertheless have a certain charm about them, as well as tons of attitude. On this album FNM come across like a junior Public image limited or baby Chilli Peppers. Which is no bad thing. Get this album it's an undiscovered gem.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Faith No More album, Oct. 9 2003
Donathan Durkos (Durkanosville, DA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introduce Yourself (Audio CD)
This album by the young Faith No More is my favorite of theirs. Nothing else really sounds like this, in this way - funk, metal, punk, and sorta 80s electro rap. The entire band shines, but it's Chuck Mosley's bratty punk vocals that really do it for me on this one. So many good songs, so many good lines - I wish this album would find more of a cult following.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not My Style!, Aug. 5 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome disc, May 7 2003
"rhking1849" (fremont, ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introduce Yourself (Audio CD)
After purchasing Introduce Yourself mistakenly when looking for that rock/rap song that set it all off, I tossed the disc in the drawer for six months after hearing Chuck Mosely sing "Stylin, you know you are stylin." I thought he was an abomination.
After playing the hell out of The Real Thing and becoming an addict, I gave Introduce Yourself a second chance. Chuck Mosely grew on me, and this cd is just as good as The Real Thing. This is my second since the first one wore out. Is Chuck a good singer? Who cares, I love this CD, and I love Chuck too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A divine blend of testosterone,adrenaline and musical genius, Jan. 20 2003
"jerbrecht" (Highland Park, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introduce Yourself (Audio CD)
I consider this to be one of the top ten greatest albums of all time.
This 1987 release is more than a decade ahead of its time with its blend of rap, metal and punk, with a soul and a power that blows away today's Limp Bizkits like so many dry, dead leaves.
Why do I love this album? For one, this band has an understanding of the principle of dynamics, something that even technically gifted bands like Metallica tend to lack. This album lifts you to the heights of head-banging ecstasy, fully on a level with newly-appreciated (thanks to Mike Myers) breakdown in Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody-- then it drops you into a cool pond of still water, where you lie, floating for a moment, before being grabbed by the collar and thrown against the wall. All of this is done within the space of a single song, using the most sophisticated and subtle musical devices.
Overall, this album is superior to the band's other efforts, in terms of musical greatness, technical execution and strength of emotion. It is one of those rare, seemingly divinely inspired and powerfully executed works of art that truly warrants the overused and now diluted term of "genius."
The only band today to which I could compare FNM on this album, at least in terms of emotional delivery and sheer power, is the mighty System Of A Down, who has achieved comparable moments of greatness, although not quite as consistently or thoroughly as FNM does on this tour de force. I do believe that SOAD has the potential to put out an album this good some day.
I won't state a position on the "which singer is better" issue. Mike Patton and Chuck Mosley have completely different styles and musical personalities. I will mention, though, that Chuck Mosley provides a raw insanity, beautifully balanced with a sense of humor. His sloppiness, juxtaposed against the iron-fist-in-a-silk-glove sound of the rest of the band, who are all phenomenally talented and expressive musicians, pushes the band to a level that is virtually impossible to achieve when all of the musicians are "smooth," technically precise performers. In other words, his imperfections are an essential part of the album's greatness.
Favorite tracks: The Crab Song and Chinese Arithmetic

5.0 out of 5 stars FNM's best record, Jan. 12 2003
Nemo (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introduce Yourself (Audio CD)
This is FNM's best record ever. Mike Patton is not what Faith No More was ever about. The first lead singer is what made them great. Patton eventually ruined the band by taking them in directions they should never have gone. He should have stayed w/ Mr. Bungle. If you want true FNM get this album!

5.0 out of 5 stars The second album. 10 Gracious Melodies!!!, June 12 2002
Michael D Murphy (Pearl Harbor, Hawaii United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introduce Yourself (Audio CD)
...naysayers of Chuck Mosely need to step back on this one. His voice kind of makes me wish that the Mike Patton era could have been delayed just enough for another album. There really isn't a comparison from the first album when you hear how far he had come. Not to single him out, the band also progressed accordingly and showcased enough studio-savviness to break into the majors. Jimmy was getting his chops together, Mikey was hitting harder, Roddy's keyboard as bombastic and full-bodied as ever. And when you look back on it all, it makes the most underground elitist proud that they broke into the mainstream in such an unorthodox fashion. Simply, they just don't make cuts like this anymore.
Then the humor sets in and the impromptu, seemingly improvised lyrics grab ahold of you and, even though they may sound corny, you found yourself singing it to yourself on the bus to school. You had to admit: they were genius' "outside" of thier time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Roddy and Bill make some awesome music here, Jan. 8 2002
JLA (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introduce Yourself (Audio CD)
Listening to Patton-era FNM, one can't help but notice that Bill Gould's bass is f**king AMAZING and Roddy Bottum's keyboards add a lot. Furthermore, one can't help but notice that neither are really used to their full potential.
Here, however, they are. Jim Miller's guitar is hardly even noticeable on several tracks, and Chuck Mosley's vocals are less of a centerpiece of the sound as Mike Patton's would come to be (although Chuck's unorthodox vocals are a wonderfully enjoyable breath of fresh air). It's almost entirely the Gould and Bottum show. And it is good. Damn good.
It is fairly disturbing that this album came out in 1987, as it contains elments of every single popular hard rock/metal band from the past 5 years. These guys were too ahead of their time.
Is it as good as the Patton-era albums? Well, I'd say its about on the same level as Angel Dust, and better than Album of the Year, but not as good as The Real Thing or King For A Day... Fool For A Lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars CHUCK IS PRETTY GOOD TOO, Nov. 27 2001
This review is from: Introduce Yourself (Audio CD)
Chuck Moseley's vocals are very fitting for this record. Mike Patton is an absolute musical genius but Chuck hilds his own here. BIlly Gould's bass rivals Flea on this record there is so much slap funk. Chuck brings a raw punk energy to the record. This is rap metal that is real and ture unlike the garbage so called rap metal bands coming out now. Chinese ASrithmetic is FNM's 1st ever thrash metal and even though Patton sings it better live it worls well here. We Care a Lot is on this record and the absolutely funky Annes Song along with the catchy Faster Disco. Spirit is a great album closer with its funk metal riffs.This is great Beach skateboard Funk music. Pure Punk Funk. FNM sound like the bastard brother of the Chili peppers here

ARRAY(0xb48e79fc)

Introduce Yourself
Introduce Yourself by Faith No More (Audio CD - 2000)