5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Satisfying "Greatest Hits" Compilation Ever
Although this greatest hits package is brief, it more than adequately showcases the folk-rock wunderkind who was Cat Stevens. Every song on the disc is a certifiable classic: from wistful ballads like "Wild World", "Oh Very Young", and "Moonshadow", to gorgeous folk-rock like "Peace Train" and "Can't Keep It In". In...
Published on Dec 20 2003 by Joseph Kimsey

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Songs Have been chosen.
Published on July 20 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars One cool "Cat"., Jan. 6 2004
H3@+h "Over 1500 reviews!" (thanks for the helpful review votes) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
There are a few singer-songwriter collections that are an absolute must. "Cat Stevens" is one of those. I actually never thought much of him, but that was before I owned this cd. Something about his delivery makes it seem as if he's playing and singing right next to you. This includes many great songs, including "Wild World", "Morning Has Broken", "Can't Keep It In", and "Moonshadow". Overall it's a nice simple collection. If you're missing a few songs like "The First Cut Is The Deepest", they might be on "The Very Best Of". That includes 10 of these tracks, plus 10 more.

5.0 out of 5 stars An extraordinary collection of timeless music!, May 16 1998
This review is from: V1 Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I would highly recommend this CD in any colllector's library. It is a fine selection of perhaps the most memorable recordings of a folk-rock genius. Cat Stevens displays that mellow, serene style of singing that captivates the listener and brings back a feeling of youth and rejuvenates the mind.

The songs "Wild World" and "Peace Train" have that distinctive, unmistakable Cat Stevens genre that never seems to tire the listener. This CD is a must for all folk-rock lovers and will go well with a cup of coffee or a can of beer on a sunny afternoon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish he was back!!, Feb. 10 2003
Kelly K. Dunn "K K Dunn" (the Heartland of the United States of America) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I wish Cat Stevens was back... I miss his talent and his creative genius. Our loss is Islam's gain. At least I can stick this CD in and enjoy the likes of "Peace Train," "Oh Very Young" and "Father & Son." ...and, I am glad to say that my personal favorite "Morning Has Broken" is present and accounted for! Every time I listen to Cat Stevens's music I am transported back to the mid '70's laying on my bunk in the barracks listening to this wonderful music on my KOSS head phones! Take it from a LONG-time fan -- Buy this CD you will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Still Stirs the Soul:As fresh today as it was yesterday, July 13 1998
This review is from: V1 Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Every time I listen to Cat Stevens, I am still amazed. His words and insight manage to touch my inner chords, tap my feet, make me laugh, and make me cry. If you are unfamiliar with his work, this album is a great introduction. Father And Son, Wild World, Another Saturday Night-each song is great in its own right. If you are an old fan, you never grow tired of listening to him. I was raised on Cat's music, and would recommend him to anyone, from any generation. Everyone could use to ride on the Peacetrain once in a while!

5.0 out of 5 stars This album changed my life, June 22 1999
This review is from: V1 Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I cannot even say how wonderful Cat Stevens is. This album has helped me through some rough times, especially the song Sitting. Amazing. There are no words that can even describe the feeling of this cd, it is rejuvenating and pure and unique. At first I didn't think too much of it, but now I can't imagine not humming along with every track! I only wish that Stevens doesn't now see his music as evil, if he only knew how many people appreciate it perhaps he would see that it truly is wonderful.

4.0 out of 5 stars The artist formerly known as Cat, May 31 2004
David Bonesteel (Fresno, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Before devoting himself to Islam and retiring from the music scene, the former Cat Stevens produced an impressive body of folk rock employing inventive acoustic arrangements and his own expressive, gruff-yet-tender voice. This compilation does not include all of his hits and obviously none of his fine songs that did not become radio hits, but it is an enjoyable overview of some of his most popular work. Very impressive. "Oh Very Young" has always been a particular favorite of mine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Songs Have been chosen., July 20 1999
This review is from: V1 Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
It is missing some songs. First of all, the 1st track of the album is Another Saturday Night, a song that was originally and performed by Sam Cooke. Great songs like Sad Lisa, Novim's Nightmare, Here comes my baby, Rubylove and Miles from Nowhere and If you wanna sing out, sing out are SADLY missing. And there are stupid tracks like Ready, Two fine people and Another Saturday night. I strongly recommoed Volume 2 of his greatest hits (Footsteps in the dark.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Inspiring-you need to buy this album, March 6 2000
This review is from: V1 Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This album is very inspiring-it makes you feel like you can do anything. It helped me thru a very rough time, and it picks you up when you'r feeling blue. My favorite lyric is from the song "Father and son", it says "From the moment I could talk, I was ordered to listen." Wow. I was in tears the first time I heard it. The messages ring true today even though it was recorded decades earlier. Do yourself a favor and buy this cd!

5.0 out of 5 stars This will take you back in time..., Oct. 23 2001
This review is from: V1 Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Cat Stevens represents some of the very best folk/rock talent of the mid-to-late 1970's.... The lyrics and melodies remind us of the relative innocence of the time. We thought we were wild, but in truth we were just babies crying out against injustice and begging for love, peace and understanding. This music will take you back. This is the way music was meant to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Stevens- Peace for the Soul, June 5 1999
This review is from: V1 Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
This album is without doubt, the album that I've listened to the most over the years. I am barely a teenager, and I found this music to be both capitvating and soothing. It creates an atmosphere of peace and good-will around the speaker that plays it. It's nice to hear some HIGH-QUALITY music in an era of teeny-bopper pop stars and rap. Thank you Cat Stevens.

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits by Cat Stevens (Audio CD - 2000)