summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 16, 1998
I would highly recommend this CD in any colllector's library. It is a fine selection of perhaps the most memorable recordings of a folk-rock genius. Cat Stevens displays that mellow, serene style of singing that captivates the listener and brings back a feeling of youth and rejuvenates the mind.

The songs "Wild World" and "Peace Train" have that distinctive, unmistakable Cat Stevens genre that never seems to tire the listener. This CD is a must for all folk-rock lovers and will go well with a cup of coffee or a can of beer on a sunny afternoon!!
on July 13, 1998
Every time I listen to Cat Stevens, I am still amazed. His words and insight manage to touch my inner chords, tap my feet, make me laugh, and make me cry. If you are unfamiliar with his work, this album is a great introduction. Father And Son, Wild World, Another Saturday Night-each song is great in its own right. If you are an old fan, you never grow tired of listening to him. I was raised on Cat's music, and would recommend him to anyone, from any generation. Everyone could use to ride on the Peacetrain once in a while!
on June 22, 1999
I cannot even say how wonderful Cat Stevens is. This album has helped me through some rough times, especially the song Sitting. Amazing. There are no words that can even describe the feeling of this cd, it is rejuvenating and pure and unique. At first I didn't think too much of it, but now I can't imagine not humming along with every track! I only wish that Stevens doesn't now see his music as evil, if he only knew how many people appreciate it perhaps he would see that it truly is wonderful.
on May 31, 2004
Before devoting himself to Islam and retiring from the music scene, the former Cat Stevens produced an impressive body of folk rock employing inventive acoustic arrangements and his own expressive, gruff-yet-tender voice. This compilation does not include all of his hits and obviously none of his fine songs that did not become radio hits, but it is an enjoyable overview of some of his most popular work. Very impressive. "Oh Very Young" has always been a particular favorite of mine.
on March 6, 2000
This album is very inspiring-it makes you feel like you can do anything. It helped me thru a very rough time, and it picks you up when you'r feeling blue. My favorite lyric is from the song "Father and son", it says "From the moment I could talk, I was ordered to listen." Wow. I was in tears the first time I heard it. The messages ring true today even though it was recorded decades earlier. Do yourself a favor and buy this cd!
on October 23, 2001
Cat Stevens represents some of the very best folk/rock talent of the mid-to-late 1970's.... The lyrics and melodies remind us of the relative innocence of the time. We thought we were wild, but in truth we were just babies crying out against injustice and begging for love, peace and understanding. This music will take you back. This is the way music was meant to be.
on June 5, 1999
This album is without doubt, the album that I've listened to the most over the years. I am barely a teenager, and I found this music to be both capitvating and soothing. It creates an atmosphere of peace and good-will around the speaker that plays it. It's nice to hear some HIGH-QUALITY music in an era of teeny-bopper pop stars and rap. Thank you Cat Stevens.
on March 1, 2001
Great though this is (with phenomenal sound quality, too), it falls short compared to the "Very Best of Cat Stevens" released last year, which covers his full career in the same excellent sound. Trouble is, this CD contains the 1975 hit "Two Fine People" available nowhere else. Completists know : isn't this always the way?
on December 15, 1999
I am only 15 years old. obviosly cat stevens is before my time. but i love him. i went to my friends house and he played the original record on his record player and i instantly fell in love with stevens. i needed the cd, i cannot tired of the lyric, "I listen to the wind, to the wind of my soul" it speaks to me, BUY THIS CD
on May 3, 1999
I am an 18 year old college student. I am surrounded by music that says very little, and means even less. Cat Stevens has mixed harmonic tones with thought and logic that soothe the soul and touches the heart. I reccommend this CD to anyone who is looking for a collection of sounds that will both comfort and excite.