Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

on December 28, 2000
I've seen every single one of the Land Before Time movies. Up to number 6, I didn't like any of them but the first one that started them all. My 5yr old sister on the other hand loves them all. When I found out there was a number 7 out, I was like 'no way, they're still making them'. but I bought it for my little sister and watched it and now my favorite movies of the Land Before Time series are number 1 and 7. And yes, my little sister loves it too, no surprise there. The reason why I like it is because although the storyline may not be any different from the other movies - simple, the difference is that in the movie they make fun of things that have kinda become cliché thru out the series, that I found entertaining. Also the singing is better than that one Land Before Time one, where they were singing about a Lone Ranger or something -- that song is hilarious, because it's so stupid. Although, doesn't anyone wonder when they're gonna have the characters grow up, even a little.
on October 9, 2001
I think this is the best in the whole serie of these eight cartoons with Littlefoot and his pals, but nothing can beat the first and original movie from 1988 of course.
'The Land Before Time 7' has only three songs (That are the three best in the whole serie), the history is more mysterious (Alien dinos, and a cold stone from outer space), and is therefore a little more different from the other six movies.
This is a movie that seems to have loaned scenes from different movies like 'Cliffhanger'.
I can't wait for 'LBFT 8', and I hope, last movie with Littlefoot and his pals! (If they continue with part nine, and so on, it's problably gonna end the wrong way!)
At last I say, all 'The Land Before Time' movies has always something useful to learn kids, just like frinedship, the place in our life, and the mysteries of the infinite universe.
on January 4, 2003
For parents:
Compared to the other "Land Before Time" movies (we haven't seen the newest one), this is the worst. The production values are good for a direct to video release, but the content is shallow. The uncle pterosaur is just mean and his later redemption is lame. As usual, the dino kids' impulses put them in danger. Very very predictable with nothing whatsoever for the parents. Makes a good babysitter, at least for the first viewing.
For kids:
It's another "Land Before Time", so if you haven't seen it then what else matters? Warning: there are singing dinosaurs, but you can fast forward those parts.
on December 7, 2000
Unlike other children's movie sequels I have seen, The Land Before Time movies each have very interesting and fun plotlines. This newest additon is no different. The consistency of characters and wholesome message really appeal to my four and a half year old. We have only had the video for a week and she has already watched it four times. My infant also loves the bright colors and cute voices. I just finished ordering another copy for my nephew and would definitely recommend this movie!
on April 21, 2001
"Stone of Cold Fire" is the third LBT video my family has seen. My 3 year old son loves the series, but was less interested in this video. He enjoyed the adventure storyline, but was confused by the quasi-theology of the "mysterious beyond." The movie would be much better without the sub-plot of the mysterious dinosaurs, who might be space aliens, angels, or, as my husband joked, Scientologists.
on December 15, 2000
Littlefoot sees an amazing stone in the skys nobody believes him(exept for petries uncle pterano whos up to someting).two fliers sierra and rinkus dare to stop them but arent very smart.littlefoot tells erveryone that it landed in the smocking mountins which is in threehorn peak which is in the mysterious beyond.two rainbowfaces help them on their journey.but theres a proublum...the smocking mountins are far away.
on December 11, 2000
This sequel in the Land Before Time series features a bit less music that the earlier ones, but the music it has is top-notch. Our friends' characters are again well-developed, and the plot is strong, funny, and heartwarming. There is less violence in this film and more mystery. Overall, I think it is superior to all but the original LBT movie. Let's hope Universal keeps letting this magical series mature!
on December 29, 2003
The original LBT was the ONLY good one. That awful habbit of singing every 5 min has GOT to go! & 3D animation may be "new" & "in" but it looks like "crap" mixed with cell. Much like Disney, Universal Studious is more interested in spewing out animation of poor quality in a rush for profits. They've lost their integrity of quality entertainment. Plus it's torture having to watch it if you're over 13.
on August 27, 2001
My three year old loves all of this series, but for parents, a warning: this is a particularly annoying entry. I find Petrie's blind devotion to his uncle grating and his uncle Ptynaro (or however you spell it) extremely tiring. If you've got to get a couple of tapes from the series to entertain the little one, pass on this one!
on March 17, 2001
We bought the 7th due to the high ratings from the viewers. My son, 2 1/2 years old loves both the first and second in the series. So we bought this one, but he is not like it as much and starts doing other things - unlike the other two.
Maybe it will appeal to an older child, but I would highly recommend the first 2.