Ico

5.0 out of 5 stars The proof about art in video games
This is the masterpiece. But beware that this is not for first person shooter types, in fact FPS players will find this boring and repetitive and should stay well away. Action, while present, is not what the game is about. It's about mood and atmosphere, it's about getting involved with the hero. It's about the very unusual relationship with the heroine and the way this...
Published on July 19 2006 by nanoJak

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not THAT great...
I'm surprised at all of the 5 star ratings for this game. I do agree that the environment of the game is impressive, but, the games stumbles in its gameplay, as I found it rather repetitive and boring. The puzzles are not that hard to figure out and, as mentioned in other reviews, the game is short. Recommended only if you can find it cheap.
Published on July 27 2005 by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous and Fun, April 11 2002
This review is from: Ico (Video Game)
I haven't yet completed this game (I'm just past the part where the Queen first confronts Ico), but this is true love forever. From the very opening of this game, I felt like I'd been drawn into some fairy tale book. This would make a great movie too! Boy with horns escapes sacrifice and rescues beautiful princess! The dungeons and lighting are amazing. I did have to adjust my t.v. so it wouldn't be too bright, for some reason it comes off as brighter than other games. I've heard gamers complain this is too short. I guess that's not a problem if you've got a busy work load, like me! It's also a lot cheaper now than when it first came out. This is definitely a must have for any gamer. Lead the Princess around by the hand, bash the shadow-baddies over the head, and look for a way out of this deathtrap of a castle. I'm finding it more difficult than I thought it would be, especially trying to make the jumps. It ain't exactly Tomb Raider, but I still love it. Can't wait to see the ending. My only gripe is the subtitles aren't even in English, so sometimes I can't understand a word the Princess says! However, this is minor to me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, Aug. 12 2003
This review is from: Ico (Video Game)
This game was terrible. I can not believe they would plague shelves with this mindless drivle. It had no point to it, besides escorting some princess around.
The battles were wayyyy too easy, besides for a couple. The only tough thing about them was that, if you were to be knocked down, the stupid kid wouldn't get up for half a year, and the shadow creatures would be taking off with the princess.
Some good puzzles, otherwise, this game is not worth the time or money. Take it from me, do not get it!

1.0 out of 5 stars A letdown. Maybe i'm not a puzzle fan., Sept. 4 2002
This review is from: Ico (Video Game)
I don't really consider this a game. Yes, it is very different. But, what is good in diffrence is bad in gameplay. The princess cannot climb chains at all. Can't she feel a chain? COME ON! The combat is stupid. Look at me! I'm hitting black shadows with a stick! WOW! The puzzles are interesting, but i hate that call that Ico has when calling for Yorda. SQUAWK! Also, PLEASE TRANSLATE YORDA! Maybe i'm not a fan of puzzle games. Oh well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ico? Fun? NOOOOO, July 6 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Ico (Video Game)
Well, having just bought this game for very cheap, and all the great ratings (including all you whackos in Amazon) it recieved, I thought I had made another good deal in getting a great game for a low price (like Seek and Destroy, Road Trip, etc.) But, I was wrong.
First of all, this game is TOO FREAKIN HARD. I repeatedly had to run up my stairs and check Game FAQs in the first hour of this game. The levels all look the same so you don't know where you're going. Your princess friend has the IQ of a retarded animal, because you have to call to her 5 times (no exaggeration) to get her up a 10 foot ladder, or else she just sits on the ladder blankly, unmoving.
The graphics are pretty weird, Ico looks like a chinese monkey, and the princess just looks like a monkey angel. The reason for this being such a cult hit, getting all these great reviews? Mystery. Please. I only recommend this game if you absolutely LOVE puzzles every second, limited fighting, and going on game FAQS. Maybe I've just been playing too much Dynasty Warriors, but hey; just stay away from the game even at its baragin bin price.

1.0 out of 5 stars this game stinks, Oct. 19 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Ico (Video Game)
i think that it takes way to long to get into the game and it seems that every 10 minutes is a cut seen

ARRAY(0xb48465a0)

Ico
Ico by SONY ELECTRONIC (PlayStation2)
Used & New from: CDN$ 22.00