Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon December 14, 2012
Perhaps the most special material I've ever seen on a disc, Endless re-mixes, alternate cuts, commentaries, photo galleries,
short films, the choice of watching whole videos from different camera angles, even optional subtitles for oldsters like me
who want to get their clever rhymes, but need help.

As for the videos themselves there are 18, from the Beastie Boy's early work to 2000, and they range from amazing to silly.
But they're never dull, and even the silly is smart silly, if that makes sense. These guys are actively embracing their inner
goofballs at times, and that's part of what makes them endearing.

There isn't the cinematic brilliance of some of the very best rock videos (for the most part) but if you are a fan, this set is
indispensable, and if, like me, you're only a casual admirer you'll still find plenty to explore and enjoy.

I do wish the choice hadn't been made to censor some of the language. On a disc this bold, it's an oddly timid choice.
on March 9, 2003
Everyone else has already spoken vastly on the many fine features of this DVD: superfly remixes, multiangled precision viewing, funnily-commentaried extravegance, the B-Boys running about, to and fro, in fantastically-colored jumpsuits, rhyming about something other than the bling-bling and bitties and dolla dolla bills, y'all. So I won't mention all that again. I didn't buy this DVD here, I found it in a used bin ..., and have thoroughly enjoyed it on all accounts but one (which is why it failed to procure a five-star rating): it has been censored. Now I'm not sure if they've all been edited or if my particular DVD originally came from a puritan store ... or something, but I'd be completely willing to buy another copy just to hear [it].
on February 3, 2004
This dvd kick's butt!!! there alot are of bonus feature's to keep you entertained for hours. the reason I gave it a 4 out of five is because for some reason they left out the video's from the liscence to ill cd. WHY? This would have been the complete beastie dvd and earned a five instead.