‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep Emotional Entrapment!!, July 11 2004
This review is from: Unbreakable (Audio CD)
Glorious and stunning, the music really makes you think. It is intoxicating to hear some of the songs. Enough said: Buy the soundtrack if you haven't already! You will not regret it. It is one of the very best soundtracks I have ever heard. The village from James Newton Howard is also going to be amazing. I can't wait

5.0 out of 5 stars THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SOUNDTRACK, Feb. 13 2003
W. Scott Heitman (Gainesville, Fl United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unbreakable (Audio CD)
the title pretty much says it all. I know there are plenty of other reviews that already say this, but this soundtrack (and the movie, too) is so spectacular that I had to add my bit of praise. I do not own and doubt I ever will own a soundtrack more beautiul than this one. If you like movie soundtracks, you definitely need this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect marriage between film and music, Nov. 5 2002
Sean O'Flaherty (Adelaide, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unbreakable (Audio CD)
This would be one of the greater examples of how film music not only sets the mood for the audience, but adds to it and is an integral part of the mood and the action.
James Newton Howard's score for Unbreakable is just that, unbreakable, in its masterful working on the themes in the film. Newton Howard has produced a score that fits the film so amazingly you'd think that he wrote the film script as well.
One of the most delightful aspects of this CD, for me, was the expert manipulation of the soft, malevolent theme present in many of the tracks, particuarly "Unbreakable" and "The Orange Man". This musical development reflects the action in the film well and gives the audience an aural image so powerful, that I can still picture the movie in my head after only seeing it once in the cinema.
Although I go in a movie with a desire to see what the soundtrack is like, as well as the rest of the movie, I'm sure that anyone, after coming out, seeing this movie for the first time, couldn't say that the music didn't make an impact.
I must say, it is heartening to see the huge growing trade that soundtrack music has become and we are getting treats such as this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars I luv it!, June 29 2002
Anubis (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unbreakable (Audio CD)
I loved the movie and I absolutely love the soundtrack! It's so awesome! It has the most wonderful, intense songs! If you havent seen the movie, it's a great one for all of us comic book fans! And even if you're not into comic books, it's still good! I love Bruce Willis, he's such a good actor!

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, May 23 2002
"grndestiny" (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unbreakable (Audio CD)
If you like somber, but powerful and dramatic music please buy this. Lots of darkness (low strings, french horn, "music box" type piano). It'll bring chills to your spine at each crescendo build. At first listen, you'll want to fast forward to certain themes, such as the part in the movie where Willis is seeing visions of what to come in the train station (track 1), or the scene with the Orange Man (track 12). You'll find that these same themes are throughout the entire soundtrack in each song. As a whole, the music perfectly backgrounds the movie, the two fit hand in hand. In my opinion, this is a really intelligent movie soundtrack to own. It does really good as study music, and music to play when you're just in your room alone. One of the most beautiful soundtracks you could possibly ever own in your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Underrated film, April 16 2002
dolphin559 "dolphin559" (Greenbelt, MD, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unbreakable (Audio CD)
Imagine the most realistic Issue #1 comic book movie. A film in the same vein as Batman and Superman but done in a very realistic way. Remember, it still is a comic book movie, just on the surface it doesn't quite seem that way even with this Elijah character constantly referring to comic books and superheroes. My friends, I give you Unbreakable. It is THE best superhero film since 1992's Batman Returns. The film has suspense,mystery,drama, and good old fashioned good vs. evil. It is too bad that this film wasn't nominated at least for it's stellar score. The film and score was underrated in my opinion but now that it is on DVD you shouldn't miss out on this gem!
The score acted as "clothing" for the film. It enhanced and beautified the film even further. It added romance(2nd Date), sadness(Wreck), suspense(Visions), and heroism(Orange Man). The filmscore is quiet but I don't mind. In fact the sometimes quiet score allow us to watch the film without being distracted by the score. It is still there but it is in the background. The score and film were both underrated. I give the score 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing soundtrack, one of the best!, April 12 2002
This review is from: Unbreakable (Audio CD)
This is one of the best original soundtracks made for a movie ever! so many great songs in this album, much better than M.Nights previous film the sixth sense, he has much influence in the music created for his movies, and this one was great, its not only about who makes the music or how many people makes it , its about the sound, and I feel this has some of the best music ever for a movie, listen to some of the clips and you will agree this is great and if you saw the movie you should love this soundtrack. Its hard to find in stores so you might as well buy it here.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!, Jan. 20 2002
Michael Crane (Orland Park, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unbreakable (Audio CD)
Next to "Memento" and "Fight Club", "Unbreakable" is one of my favorite movies. One of the main reasons why I loved the movie so much was because of the eerie and haunting music score. It was very hard to find, but I have finally purchased the soundtrack, and I don't regret it one bit.
Very much like the "Memento" soundtrack, I have listened to this CD many times. I really enjoy listening to it; and I usually don't care about music scores on movies. This is one of those really unique soundtracks that really allows you to relive the movie as you listen to each haunting track. The best one is the theme of the movie, which also happens to be the one where Bruce Willis is at the train station. There are no songs by actual bands, just the music composed by James Newton Howard, who proves to be an excellent composer.
If you love the music to the movie, get this soundtrack as soon as possible! It's very hard to find, so chances are that you'll have to order it from somewhere. Next to "Memento," this is one of the best soundtracks to a movie ever made. Get it while you still can, and relive "Unbreakable" through its eerie and beautiful music. A must-have if you love the movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hauntingly Beautiful, Sept. 24 2001
Chas Fuller (Westminster, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unbreakable (Audio CD)
The soundtrack is like the movie... Amazing! A very unique sound to backdrop a unique film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and powerful score!, Sept. 4 2001
Ehud Maymon (rishon le zion, europe Israel) - See all my reviews
Wow!
James Newton Howard has really made it this time.This is one of the most thrilling soundtracks i have ever heard.
I loved the movie,espeically because of it's score.
The best tracks in this cd are:
1)track 1-"visions"-great track that takes you back to the amazing scene at the train station.
2)track 8-"The wreck"-wonderful music that elevates the thrill.
3)track 12-"The orange man"-this is without a doubt the best track in the cd,and one of the bset tracks i have ever heard in my life.
4)track 13-"carrying audrey"-A quiet touching track that works best at night..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Unbreakable
Unbreakable by James Newton Howard (Audio CD - 2000)