5.0 out of 5 stars Never get tired of ENYA!
Ever since I started listening to Enya many years ago, I always watch for her new releases and re-release of her previous music. I had moved and lost this cd so I was glad that Amazon.ca carried this and thnat I could order it.
Published 3 months ago by bill mullen, Edmonton, Alberta...

2.0 out of 5 stars It Doesn't Overwhelm & Awe You - Like Enya's Music Should
Published on Dec 1 2000 by PC Gamer

5.0 out of 5 stars Never get tired of ENYA!, Dec 24 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved This CD, Dec 17 2012
This review is from: A Day Without Rain (Audio CD)
Had lost my original and got this to replace it. One I have to keep in my collection. Would suggest this to anyone who loves so easy listening soulful music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enya strikes again....with a bang!, Dec 25 2000
This review is from: A Day Without Rain (Audio CD)
After 5 years of anticipation from fans, the long-awaited album has finally hit the shelves. And it has turned out well worth the wait. Enya's ethereal and layered style is of course ever present in the record but this time around, the flavor and style are a little different. A Day Without Rain tends to, at times, gravitate towards more of a pop sound rather than the usual mysterious New Age atmosphere. I was particularly impressed with the song Fallen Embers because it is different than most of Enya's songs in the voice department. In stead of that layered harmonized vocal sound, we have Enya singing solo, one voice. It is, in my opinion, one of the purest sounds she has achieved thus far. All of the songs together weave a story about one's journey through love. Wild Child tells the joy and freedom of love while ONly Time of how only time tells. Tempus Vernum is almost like the stormy weather that all relationships must endure and Tears on My Heart, the calm after the storm. Flora's Secret is a refreshing tale of the secret exchange and reverie of lovers and Fallen Embers the sweet lament of that dream showering to the ground in glittering fragmentsOne by One and Pilgrim are self explanatory, and Lazy Days is a beautiful peice that contrasts with the rest of the album that really does feel like a lazy summer's day. All in all, I would say that this album has been well worth waiting for. Enya's slight deviation from her traditionally ethereal style is quite refreshing, and at the same time, familiar sounds and styles are still there. Very good work. Bravissimo!

2.0 out of 5 stars It Doesn't Overwhelm & Awe You - Like Enya's Music Should, Dec 1 2000
This review is from: A Day Without Rain (Audio CD)
First, if this were any artist but Enya, this CD would have gotten 4 stars. But I expect more from Enya. I expect to be overwhelmed and awed and inspired by her music. Almost everything she's created in the past has done that to me at some level, usually on the first or second listen. Unfortunately, "A Day Without Rain", after 4 or 5 plays, just doesn't have that same power.
The track "Tempus Vernum" is easily the best, and really the only memorable, song on the CD. The rest is mostly in English, and much of it almost sounds more like pop than like Enya.
It's been a long wait, and it's unfortunately a big disappointment. I hope that it's not another five years before we see more from Enya, and I hope that the next release brings back the magic that only Enya's music can bring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent music, Dec 28 2011
drom99 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Day Without Rain (Audio CD)
Highly recommended for anyone who loves Enya's music. Very relaxing and soothing music. The music on this CD continues in the same style as in previous albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Magician of the Irish Princess, June 12 2004
This review is from: A Day Without Rain (Audio CD)
This CD contais the marvelous Only Time, which was one of the soundtracks of "Sweet November". It's gorgeous.
Enya continues being my favourist singer of all time. Her voice is amazing and in each of her CDs you have something very special.
Wild Child is a piece that tell us how to take advantage of every single moment of all our lives. Again the singer and composer tell us to seize the day.
In Only Time we found roads that leads to love. The song is perfect for the film.
It is dificult to elicit the best song, because all of them has a peculiar charateristic.
The CD is wraped up with "Lazy Days", contrasting, in my opinion, hardworking days with the relaxing ones".
You listen to Enya once and then you'll be completely adicted to her gorgeous voice. You just get very anxious to get her next CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet, June 8 2004
Tim Brough "author and music buff" (Springfield, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Day Without Rain (Audio CD)
The latest from Enya builds from all the basic themes of her almost 15 years of solo albums. (Hard to believe that long a time has passed!) And like all those albums before, or at least from "Watermark" on, the formula stays the same. Highly polished dreamscapes meant to evoke moods, mostly of the relaxed and contented variety. As "Only Time" proved in the aftermath of 9/11, music that aims to calm can still bring beauty to a tragic situation, and peace to troubled hearts.
The opening three songs of "A Day Without Rain" could easily be the best ten minutes of music Enya has ever performed. And I, for one, will not moan over the disc's brevity. Better to have a half hour of near perfect artwork than to have it marred by extraneous filler. (Example, the wretched "radio mix" of "Only Time" that crowbarred a hip-hop rhythm track in a ploy to make it airwave friendly.) It takes Enya up to five years to craft her records, and almost to a T, they come out fully formed, seamless whole pieces. If I want more, I always have well worn copies of her other CD's to slip into the disc player.
"A Day Without Rain" does contain one jarring surprise, the dark "Tempus Vernum." It will surprise many who view Enya as little more than the empress of bland, as the breif latin chant breaks the surface calm of the album with something a little more stirring. It caught me off gaurd enough that it has become one of my favorite moments on the album, and one of the few times on an Enya album where she breaks the formula. It still makes me hungry for more albums, but I guess I still will have to wait another five years!

5.0 out of 5 stars you just are going through a teenage "i am so goth" phase, May 21 2004
This review is from: A Day Without Rain (Audio CD)
I've read reviews saying "This is the most boring music out there" and critizing the New Age music. Let me inform you that maybe 8 out of 10 people who said that are probably teens going through the death/black/goth phase. The thing about New Age? It's inspiring (I'm sure Black Sabbath is *sarcasm). It's beautiful and it takes talent (talking fast in a microphone or groaning is not talent). And it has a way of relaxing you, and even making you feel like you're in a cloud. Enya is no less different. Her purpose is not to get you angry. Her songs are insipiring and beautiful, just like her voice. This CD is great and I especially love "Deora ar mo chloí" and "Flora's Secret" and "Only time". This music is great, and if you want to forget about stresses and preassures, hear this CD for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Day without Rain, May 12 2004
James and Dorothy Conner (Cape Coral, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Day Without Rain (Audio CD)
Our first Enya CD. Love it as it is very relaxing. Ordering a copy for or Daughter stationed in Iraq.

5.0 out of 5 stars REAL music for REAL individuals, May 7 2004
This review is from: A Day Without Rain (Audio CD)
"Who in their right mind would call this cool?!!!"
See next.
"I could probably fall asleep to this in two milliseconds."
That's cool.
"This music is for wimps."
There are normal people between wimps and hardcores, accept it or not, it's always so. And what's even more, they are the majority.
"If you want REAL music (not this new age crap), listen to some heavy metal, like ..."
I tell you what REAL music is. REAL music for each REAL individual is the music that is a REAL appeal for that person! If heavy iron or copper appeals to you, you can take them as your REAL music.
"This music is for losers!"
True only if you are the only winner.
In my opinion, this album is really pleasing.

ARRAY(0xaf07a354)

A Day Without Rain
A Day Without Rain by Enya (Audio CD - 2000)