5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, moving film
Published on Feb. 7 2004 by Marianne Goyak

2.0 out of 5 stars Without Jon Bon Jovi, I would have given it ONE star.
This was honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The plot was boring if not non-existent. The only redeeming quality was the fact that the scenes with Jon Bon Jovi were cute and not depressing.
Published on July 25 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, moving film, Feb. 7 2004
This review is from: Moonlight and Valentino (Widescreen) (DVD)
If you haven't seen this movie yet, buy it. I've owned it for over 5 years. I probably watch it 4-5 times a year. It's one of those relaxing, deep, thoughtful and insightful films which reminds you of what's important in life. Especially as a woman. Friendship, family, love, passions, dreams and living in the moment. Some of the reviews I've read on this site about this film are so vague and generic (and one complete idiot that didn't like it? he/she must not have a soul) that I felt motivated to add my two cents. It's just a lovely, touching and totally female-driven film. What more do you want out of entertainment? Buy a good bottle of fine wine and watch it tonight.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a movie you'll remember for the rest of your life!, Aug. 7 2003
This review is from: Moonlight and Valentino (Widescreen) (DVD)
I loved this movie even tho I went thru a box of kleenex watching it! A very good enactment of the grieving process one
goes thru when losing a loved one so unexpectedly. I wanted to
give Elizabeth Perkins a hug and tell her to "hang in there" that things would get better but Gwyneth Paltrow, Whoopi Goldberg, Kathleen Turner, did it for me! And I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that John Bon Jovi could act! He should do more films, he's good! Not to mention very pleasant to look at! I loved the soundtrack too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Without Jon Bon Jovi, I would have given it ONE star., July 25 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and uplifting, July 8 2002
By A Customer
I originally rented this just so see a glimpse of Jeremy Sisto, who I adore in all of his films, but i was surprised to find myself completely swept up by this soft, quiet story of a woman who lost her husband. So true to life, the way she grieves over him. Can't imagine losing my husband so suddenly and swiftly that you feel like all the air's been knocked out of your lungs. Elizabeth Perkins, Whoopi Goldberg and Gwynyth Paltrow all do well in their roles of family/friends who laugh and bicker and live life as best they can while helping each other along the way. Whoopi's marriage is crumbling and Gwynyth is afraid of falling in love, even with Jeremy, who is completely captivating in this movie and only gives me another reason to love it. A really good film to watch alone so you can get immersed in it and enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not enough Jon Bon Jovi!, March 31 2002
By A Customer
I thought it was a great movie, but I thought the best part of movie was the scenes with Jon Bon Jovi. He really added a missing romantic part to the movie which should have been expanded, especially since he did it so well, and would have added to the movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars What Women Do, Jan. 10 2002
Barbara G. Mcgarey (Duncan, OK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Moonlight and Valentino (Widescreen) (DVD)
Women mark time and changes in their lives in unique ways. These women represent all 'stages' of womanhood. Well done. I loved the way the women all made movement forward in the telling of this story. Tells several stories in an engaging way.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GIRLFRIEND MOVIE!, Oct. 16 2001
M. Jolley "Freakin' Gypsy" (Porterville, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This movie is a perfect flick for a group of good girfriends to watch! All of the actresses are amazing in this movie and Jon Bon Jovi adds the "kick" to the cast! This movie has a lot of comedy, honesty, drama, and tear-jerking scenes!
A Must Watch!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars a grate drama, Aug. 12 2001
By A Customer
I love this movie. I wanted to see it but I dint know what to make of it, but it ended up being a grate movie. I say this is a chick flick and is something to rent on a girls night.

4.0 out of 5 stars three hankies, May 16 2001
JC Eriksen (Blairsville,, Ga United States) - See all my reviews
This is a very real look at grief and its aftermath. The actors are pros and their timing is great. The story is intense and moves well. Bon Jovi is not yet an actor. He could be interesting in River Phoenix type roles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific movie, April 30 2001
M. Davis (Phoenix, Arizona USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this movie (some time ago) because it was great. Many of my friends have seen this because of me and have all agreed with me. Not to mention an AWESOME singer, Alechia James has a song in this movie too. During the scene where Perkins is on her bed shutting the world out crying and such - that's Alechia. I think this is a female movie especially seeing the review one male reviewer gave.

Moonlight and Valentino (Widescreen)
Moonlight and Valentino (Widescreen) by David Anspaugh (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 59.99