5.0 out of 5 stars sooner or later
This movie brings back my teenage years. Watched it over and over when I received this in the mail. I so much wanted to be jessie. Rex Smith is so hot.
Published 1 month ago by Jupiter

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was a DVD, who sells or buys VHS??
I had to return the product as I thought I was buying a DVD. Who still sells VHSs these days. I feel that it was not clear on the ad when I purchased it. Also the seller told me he reduced the shipping. The total for this mistake was $37.00 for return of only $16.00. Never again.
Published 13 months ago by nursekelly

5.0 out of 5 stars sooner or later, May 16 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories, July 19 2013
This review is from: Sooner Or Later (DVD)
Cute movie that brought back memories of my youth in the 70's. Rex is adorable and I remember wishing I was Jessie

3.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was a DVD, who sells or buys VHS??, June 4 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A RIDE & REMEMBER FOR BOTH TEENS AND ADULTS, Feb. 7 2013
This review is from: Sooner Or Later (DVD)
This Movie is exactly what every one of us went through, when we were teenagers......but with a twist. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you will reminiss about those years, when we did anything and everything, just to get noticed. This is a movie that is great for teenagers through to the adults. You wiil laugh at the comedic scenes, cry at the tenderness, and also that sore throat, you get when you get all choked up. And after the movie, I guarentee that this movie, will have you talking about the fashions, the music, and laugh or cry about a first love, or crush. Highly recommended, for gigggles, tears, and toe tapping music. At least it was........when we remember.....back then.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Pretty Good Movie!, March 7 2004
I remember watching Sooner or Later when it aired on TV when I was 13 years old, just a few months away from turning 14. I watched it because Denise Miller who was in one of my favorite TV shows was in it and I thought it was an entertaining movie and Denise Miller was good as the 13 year old girl in a hurry to grow up and date so she goes to a mall and gets a makeover that makes her look older so when she meets and falls in love with a 17 or 18 year old guy who wants to be a rockstar she lies and tells him she is 16 years old and they start dating. This movie introduced me to Rex Smith and I thought he was very good and also gorgeous and I have been a fan ever since!

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE.....!, March 8 2004
This review is from: Sooner Or Later (DVD)
Somewhere I read that a viewer rated this movie as having 10 stars, in part because of what it was about, but mostly because of how it made them feel. And how does it make me feel, like I am thirteen all over again. As Jesse puts it, NICE! This little gem of a movie has stayed with me for years and I surprise myself on how much of it I remember. I only saw it once 26 years ago and I still remember it as though I saw it yesterday.
I have read from other comments that it was viewed as a afternoon school special in 1979. But I recall that it was shown on prime time the year before. One of those movie of the week things. I had kept, for almost 10 years, the t.v. guide clipping of the film so I know the year of the original release was 1978. On the clipping, Michael's age was written down as 19, not 17. I don't know if that was a T.V. guide error or if it was the original age his character was suppose to be and they later changed it because the age difference was larger. Sadly, the clipping is long gone, having been discarded a few years after college when I cleared my stuff from my parents place.
Watching the film again brought me back to the end of eight grade when I first saw it. Being the same age as Jesse in the movie, I was just months away from turning 14. Unlike the movies, I wasn't lucky enough to get a gorgeous, rock star, boyfriend, but it was and still is fun to see how Jesse got hers. It's a rare film that lasts through the years and changing times and still packs an emotional wallop. The message remains the same. Your first love, will always be the sweetest, most fondly remembered moment.
I just ordered the DVD of the movie, as well as the three books (Sooner or Later, Waiting Games, Now or Never) since I only discovered they are now available. I read from other viewer comments that the third book ends abruptly, leaving the door open for a fourth book? Seems the story of Michael and Jesse is not yet over. I hope Bruce and Carole Hart will heed our plea and conclude the Michael and Jesse story with a happy send off.
The songs were wonderful, "Simply Jesse" being my favorite with "You take my Breath Away" a very close second. It's a film you can watch again and again. Though dated, it's appeal is still strong. A nice glance back to our teenage years during the late seventies, early eighties, when Shaun Cassidy was the latest hottie, station wagons ruled the roads, and feathered hair was the look to die for.

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS BOOK & MOVIE FROM THE PAST, June 1 2004
ann thomas (ND United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sooner Or Later (DVD)
i read the book at least about 10x and now they have the movie that was on tv in the 70s on again. ilove it. thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back to the 70's, May 31 2004
Donna Mendoza (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sooner Or Later (DVD)
Having been in Jr.High/Middle School, when this movie was originally released in 1978, I can honestly say that this movie stuck with me for all of these years. I still own the vinyl copy of the soundtrack from 1978. Furthermore, I was so thrilled to purchase it on VHS, and now DVD. If any of you remember this time period, you know that this movie will take you back to those old feelings, when you saw an older boy and wished that he could be yours. When you got him, you felt scared, and alive. This movie will bring back those wonderful feelings and more. In addition, this is where the song "You take my breath away" was originally released. Rex Smith is a charmer and oh so handsome. You'll simply love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooner or Later movie, April 20 2004
Regina Liberti (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sooner Or Later (DVD)
I Love this movie i remember seeing it when it air on TV in the 70's. I was 10 years old back then i only seen it once and then i was watching VH-1 and they had on Where are they now,in 2002 and Rex Smith was feature on thier. They shown the movie sooner or later and thought Wow i remember that movie so i went to Amazon and it was available to order it and ive been watching ever since! Rex Smith and Denise Miller they really brought thier charters to Life! Its a magicial Love story its about growing up and falling in Love for the first time like it was for Jessie. I do remember Denise Miller i remember her in the TV series the Fish and Archie Bunker's Place and of course the Sooner or Later Movie. I am Really wondering what she doing now i read on another post she is a make up artist in LA, Last year i seen her in a Wine Commerical i was so surprise to reconize her and right away! Anyone know if she is still acting or married or does she have any children? I wouild like more info on her im a big fan of hers she is great she is so cute in that movie. If anyone has info please let me know my email is libertifam@msn.com Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT COMING OF AGE LOVE STORY!, July 23 2003
Maryhelen Barajas (Sylmar, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sooner Or Later (DVD)
I bought this DVD because it was a story I wanted my 13 year old daughter to see. I remember seeing it for the first time at 12 years old and loving it! Its such a clean, romantic, crazy movie and I think every young girl should see it... it will touch your heart.

Sooner Or Later
Sooner Or Later by Bruce Hart (DVD - 2003)
CDN$ 32.99 CDN$ 29.20