5.0 out of 5 stars The Farewell Tour.
Tina Turner is the female singer that has sold more tickets in music history with her strong voice and her wild dancing.
In 2000 she announced that her "24/7" was her farewell tour so she went out on tour for a whole year.
Published on March 28 2004 by Javier Lopez

2.0 out of 5 stars Eagle Vision-Shame
First I must say that as always, Tina is fantastic. The problem with this DVD release is the audio(or lack there of?).
If you have a half decent Dolby Digital or DTS sound system, then don't waste your money on this DVD.
Published on May 1 2001 by T. from Philly

5.0 out of 5 stars The Farewell Tour., March 28 2004
Javier Lopez (Peru) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tina Turner - One Last Time: Live In Concert (DVD)
This DVD was taken at Wembley Stadium (England) where Tina simply rocked the place. The show starts with her 70's hit "I wanna take you higher" a song that she didn't sing during her 80's and 90's tours as some other hits like "A fool in love" and "Acid queen". In my opinion she did this show fantastically adding those songs and the covers that she added like Marvin Gaye's "I heard it through the grapevine" where you can see fantastic artworks like the stage opening and burning, and Ottis Redding's covers "Try a little tenderness" and "Sittin' on the dock of the bay". "Addicted to love" is also here as in all her concerts and of course her hits like "River deep-mountain high", "Private dancer", "When the heartache is over", "Whatever you need", Proud Mary", "Nutbush", "Better be good to me", "What's love?" and "We don't need another hero". One of the best performances is "Let's stay together" where she sings delightfully and I can't miss "The best" where you find the show's climax.
Even though the selection of songs was very good I feel that some hits were missing like "Typical male", "Two people" or "I don't wanna fight". On this show you won't find "Steamy windows" but one the secong leg of the American Tour she changed "I heard it through the grapevine" for "Steamy windows".
About Tina's whole performance I can say that it's fantastic she simply performed as a tiger on stage and about the quality of the DVD I can tell you that it's very good, the images are clear and the takes are very good. Don't forget that Emmy award winner David Mallet directed this show.
With the special features you can behind the scenes and you can select the sound.
If you like this video you may also like Tina's "Simply the best-The video collection" or "Wildest Dreams Live in Amsterdam". You can also find "Rio 88" which was a good show at the Maracana Stadium in front of 182,000 people but the image is dark.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Last Time!, May 14 2003
Shirvanshah (Baku, Azerbaijan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tina Turner - One Last Time: Live In Concert (DVD)
I have really enjoyed this last live show of rock legend Tina. She performs songs perfectly as usual and brings another excitement into our lives...Very special songs include Try a Little Tenderness, Help, Sitting of the Dock of the Bay...The sound quality is good but could have been a lot better, just like the Wildest Dreams Live in Amsterdam DTS DVD. Unfortunately, recording labels again decided to save some money and released this DVD in DTS 4.1 sound instead of making it a SPECIAL EDITION DVD. I would simply advise you to buy and enjoy our lovely Tina Turner. I hope one day Eagle Vision will also release her spectacular What's Love Live 1994 tour on DVD too!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding, Nov. 16 2003
This review is from: Tina Turner - One Last Time: Live In Concert (DVD)
I was lucky enough to catch the last 2 of Tina's tours that came through Ireland (Wildest Dreams in '97 and One Last Time (24/7) in 2000) and I have to say that this, by far and away, is the single greatest live music act I have ever witnessed.
I was disappointed with the lousy editing on the VHS version, but this DVD edition more than makes up for it, it includes all the missing songs from the concert.
Possibly the best feature of this show is the medley of early Ike & Tina Turner Revue songs she sings at the beginning of the show. The Addicted To Love and Private Dancer sets are spectacular for their theatrical qualities, and her tribute to Otis Redding is magic. (Note, here in Ireland, where Mr. Redding is practically unheard of, Ms. Turner finished the song early due to a lackluster response from the 25,000-strong crowd and asked us if we knew who he was. When very few people responded, she advised us to 'Look him up!' and broke into something else :-)
Get this DVD. It's a testament to the undying power of talent, and Tina Turner is one of the greatest talents of the 20th and 21st centuries.

5.0 out of 5 stars TINA IS SIMPLY THE BEST!!!!!, March 20 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Tina Turner - One Last Time: Live In Concert (DVD)
Tina is best when it comes to a outsanding concert preformance. Tina gives the audience the most unforgettable exprience of a lifetime in this DVD. The sound is so cear and sharp that it will make you believe you are there, watching Tina break out song after song including: Proud Mary, What's Love.., The Best, and many other great hits from this legendary Diva! In her final tour, she uses the most extrodinary lighting effects and explosions to get you in the Tina mood, and you dont get out of it until the curtin falls, one last time. This is a must have DVD if you are a true Tina Turner Fan. The picture is so clear and with the most extrodinary views from 18 different cameras, this is somthing you will never fortget. Tina is assisted by 3 marveous dancers and 2 backup vocals, along with Tina's excellent band and stage design. This makes the whole production complete. Tina has once agian set the most extrodinary preormance, One Last Time. (this DVD is excellent with surround sound!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can see why she has sold more tickets than anyone else, Dec 20 2003
Lance Ramsey (Jackson, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tina Turner - One Last Time: Live In Concert (DVD)
Tina Turner gives her all when she performs "live" and leaves us all breathless.I have recently been listening to my DVD of this concert on a friends TV as he has surround sound,and it is truly awesome.I have to crank it up LOUD,so I can pretend I was there.The energy from her dancing leaves me tired.I am glad she accomplished such a feat with her last tour,breaking so many box office records.I wish I knew who was 2nd behind her in concert ticket sales.I wish TINA the best,and can't wait to see her next project.I have seen her 6 times in concert,and loved every one.I especially love this last concert,as she actually got down there with the crowd and let them sing with her.I know many fans bought this DVD simply to treasure being at that concert in Wembley Stadium with the big Goodyear blimp soaring overhead.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Last Time for the Queen Of Rock, April 13 2004
This review is from: Tina Turner - One Last Time: Live In Concert (DVD)
I watched this once when it was shown on CBS in 1999. And i thought it could've been better. Little did i know that over three hours were editied from that showing. and over ten songs were omited. When i finally got to see the concert in its entirety I was blown away at how long it was. I especially love the "What's Love Got To Do With It" audience helper she does. I also missed the full length of "Proud Mary" which happens to be my favorite Tina song. All in all i love this dvd. I especially lvoe the interview with Tina and when it shows her always loyal fans showing up at her concerts and shouting to her or singing. I wish I could have been there but with this DVD i feel like i am there again and again. ha ha

5.0 out of 5 stars UMM-- It has DTS, April 29 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Tina Turner - One Last Time: Live In Concert (DVD)
The...techs don't mention it, but there's a 4.1 DTS track here, quite good... so if that doesn't get you to buy this, I don't know what will-- Great pic & sound, great song selection ("try a little tenderness"-- oh my!) -- much better than I expected, and when I popped it in & discovered the DTS track, I was :). Couldn't ask for too much more here... just an all around great show, even if you're not a mega Tina fan

5.0 out of 5 stars At 60-years old at Wembly Stadium, Tina Takes You Higher, March 22 2002
This review is from: Tina Turner - One Last Time: Live In Concert (DVD)
Tina is a wonderful performer and in this video it shows.I wish could have caught Tina 24/7 Tour when it came to New Orleans, Louisiana, but I was sick.My 64 year old grandmother caught it at the New Orleans Arena, she loves you and your sexy,basketball playing,goddess legs. She takes you on a journey of her 44 year career starting with a cover of "I Wanna Take You Higher", right up to a closing song "Twenty-Four Seven" from her new album.The setlist on the dvd is in order "I Wanna Take You Higher", "Absolutely Nothings Changed", " A Fool In Love", "Acid Queen", "River Deep, Mountain High", "We Don't Need Another Hero", at the end of this song she came to the front of stage the in an upside down U-shaped thing; "Better Be Good To Me", "Private Dancer", she up from in the stage on this song; "Let's Stay Together", "What's Love...?", "When The Heartache Is Over",after this song the stage splits open and she sings a heartfelt piano version of "Help"; "What Ever You Need", "Sittin On The Dock Of The Bay", "Try A Little Tenderness",after this song the stage closes and then splits open again with explosions and sparks. Tina and her five dancers come out the middle singing "I Heard It Through The Grapevine", after this song the stage closes and she comes dancing from the outer part of the stage. Once she gets to the mic she starts singing "Addicted to Love"; "The Best", "Proud Mary", "Nutbush City Limits", and she closes this magnificent concert with "Twenty-Four Seven". During the last 10 or 20 minutes of Nutbush she sings from an armed platform, over 95 feet into the audience.Tina's band is in top shape and she has three dancers and two back up singers including canadian e.r. actress Gloria Rueben(Jeanie). Tina also shows her great sense of humor in this concert.I still cannot believe I missed this great tour but in buying this dvd I feel like I was there and now I have it on dvd which means I'll have it forever. There is also a 30 minute documentary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Concert DVD, Dec 28 2001
T. Donaghue "T. Donaghue" (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tina Turner - One Last Time: Live In Concert (DVD)
I've yet to purchase more than a few in concert DVDs, but the sound quality of this one hopefully will be the status quo from here on out. I initially purchased this DVD for my girlfriend as she is an avid Tina fan and saw this tour (Twenty Four Seven Millennium Tour 2000) in Atlanta last year. Out of curiosity, I plugged this in just for a quick look-see. I was quite pleased to find that it was encoded with DTS 4.1, Dolby Digital 4.1 and 2.0 soundtracks. Needless to say, with the DTS encoding the sound imaging was excellent. Contrary to some other reviews, I enjoy the 4.1 encoding as opposed to the 5.1 or 4.0, no real need for the center channel and a definite need for the LFE (Subwoofer) channel. I found the video portion to be painful at times, however this may be due to the lighting techniques used at Wembley as well as the sporadic and convulsive camera work. No doubt about it after seeing this though, at 62, Tina still kicks a**. Coming from a unbiased viewpoint (I like Tina, not an avid fan though..), this was a DVD purchase that was well worth it and would recommend it to even the casual Tina fan.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eagle Vision-Shame, May 1 2001
T. from Philly (Philadelphia, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tina Turner - One Last Time: Live In Concert (DVD)
For some reason Eagle Vision chose to release this concert in 4.1 Doly Digital & DTS. That's right folks, NO CENTER CHANNEL. The feature menu at the beginning of this DVD lists and depicts the choices as 4.1 D.D or DTS??(Have heard of 4.0 & 5.1, not 4.1) One must exit the D.D. or DTS mode and play with their DSP Processor to get a half decent sound. Just a few days ago I played my Laser Disc copy of Tina Turner Live in Amsterdam. That (D.D. 5.1)remains one of the great recorded concerts available despite being six years old and puts to shame this latest concert release. Having seen her 2000 tour in Boston, I thought I would be buying a lasting memory of Tina's great performance. Instead I purchased a dudd.
If it wern't for the poor quality of the recording, I would give this DVD 5 stars. My suggestions is that one waits, and hope Eagle Vision wakes up and re-releases a more up to date 5.1 version.

Tina Turner - One Last Time: Live In Concert