summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools

Format: DVD|Change

on March 28, 2004
Tina Turner is the female singer that has sold more tickets in music history with her strong voice and her wild dancing.
In 2000 she announced that her "24/7" was her farewell tour so she went out on tour for a whole year.
This DVD was taken at Wembley Stadium (England) where Tina simply rocked the place. The show starts with her 70's hit "I wanna take you higher" a song that she didn't sing during her 80's and 90's tours as some other hits like "A fool in love" and "Acid queen". In my opinion she did this show fantastically adding those songs and the covers that she added like Marvin Gaye's "I heard it through the grapevine" where you can see fantastic artworks like the stage opening and burning, and Ottis Redding's covers "Try a little tenderness" and "Sittin' on the dock of the bay". "Addicted to love" is also here as in all her concerts and of course her hits like "River deep-mountain high", "Private dancer", "When the heartache is over", "Whatever you need", Proud Mary", "Nutbush", "Better be good to me", "What's love?" and "We don't need another hero". One of the best performances is "Let's stay together" where she sings delightfully and I can't miss "The best" where you find the show's climax.
Even though the selection of songs was very good I feel that some hits were missing like "Typical male", "Two people" or "I don't wanna fight". On this show you won't find "Steamy windows" but one the secong leg of the American Tour she changed "I heard it through the grapevine" for "Steamy windows".
About Tina's whole performance I can say that it's fantastic she simply performed as a tiger on stage and about the quality of the DVD I can tell you that it's very good, the images are clear and the takes are very good. Don't forget that Emmy award winner David Mallet directed this show.
With the special features you can behind the scenes and you can select the sound.
If you like this video you may also like Tina's "Simply the best-The video collection" or "Wildest Dreams Live in Amsterdam". You can also find "Rio 88" which was a good show at the Maracana Stadium in front of 182,000 people but the image is dark.
on October 18, 2013
What can I say that hasn't already been said about Tina. She gives it her all and puts everything into her singing performances. She's one of the greatest of all times and I would whole heartedly recommend this cd.
on March 2, 2016
I am not sure who re-mixed, but the audio is very poor. Besides it is recorded as 4.1 surround, the mixing is flat. This disk produced by Eagle Vision and they clearly have no idea how to do a high quality audio recording. The audio is flat, and in the case of this disk, at various points in the audio track Tina's voice actually clips as it exceeds the recording limits of the mix. I have several disks produced by Eagle Vision and they all suffer similar issues.

If you purchase this disk, I also suggest you purchase and compare the quality for - Hit Man Returns: David Foster & Friends or Elton John Greatest Hits One Night Only.
on February 22, 2016
Tina Turner's music has been a part of our lives, and I always wanted to see her in concert. Since that is not possible, this is definitely the next best thing, especially with the TV we now have, which comes close to putting us in the audience.
on May 14, 2003
I have really enjoyed this last live show of rock legend Tina. She performs songs perfectly as usual and brings another excitement into our lives...Very special songs include Try a Little Tenderness, Help, Sitting of the Dock of the Bay...The sound quality is good but could have been a lot better, just like the Wildest Dreams Live in Amsterdam DTS DVD. Unfortunately, recording labels again decided to save some money and released this DVD in DTS 4.1 sound instead of making it a SPECIAL EDITION DVD. I would simply advise you to buy and enjoy our lovely Tina Turner. I hope one day Eagle Vision will also release her spectacular What's Love Live 1994 tour on DVD too!!!
on March 20, 2003
Tina is best when it comes to a outsanding concert preformance. Tina gives the audience the most unforgettable exprience of a lifetime in this DVD. The sound is so cear and sharp that it will make you believe you are there, watching Tina break out song after song including: Proud Mary, What's Love.., The Best, and many other great hits from this legendary Diva! In her final tour, she uses the most extrodinary lighting effects and explosions to get you in the Tina mood, and you dont get out of it until the curtin falls, one last time. This is a must have DVD if you are a true Tina Turner Fan. The picture is so clear and with the most extrodinary views from 18 different cameras, this is somthing you will never fortget. Tina is assisted by 3 marveous dancers and 2 backup vocals, along with Tina's excellent band and stage design. This makes the whole production complete. Tina has once agian set the most extrodinary preormance, One Last Time. (this DVD is excellent with surround sound!!!)
on November 16, 2003
I was lucky enough to catch the last 2 of Tina's tours that came through Ireland (Wildest Dreams in '97 and One Last Time (24/7) in 2000) and I have to say that this, by far and away, is the single greatest live music act I have ever witnessed.
I was disappointed with the lousy editing on the VHS version, but this DVD edition more than makes up for it, it includes all the missing songs from the concert.
Possibly the best feature of this show is the medley of early Ike & Tina Turner Revue songs she sings at the beginning of the show. The Addicted To Love and Private Dancer sets are spectacular for their theatrical qualities, and her tribute to Otis Redding is magic. (Note, here in Ireland, where Mr. Redding is practically unheard of, Ms. Turner finished the song early due to a lackluster response from the 25,000-strong crowd and asked us if we knew who he was. When very few people responded, she advised us to 'Look him up!' and broke into something else :-)
Get this DVD. It's a testament to the undying power of talent, and Tina Turner is one of the greatest talents of the 20th and 21st centuries.
on December 20, 2003
Tina Turner gives her all when she performs "live" and leaves us all breathless.I have recently been listening to my DVD of this concert on a friends TV as he has surround sound,and it is truly awesome.I have to crank it up LOUD,so I can pretend I was there.The energy from her dancing leaves me tired.I am glad she accomplished such a feat with her last tour,breaking so many box office records.I wish I knew who was 2nd behind her in concert ticket sales.I wish TINA the best,and can't wait to see her next project.I have seen her 6 times in concert,and loved every one.I especially love this last concert,as she actually got down there with the crowd and let them sing with her.I know many fans bought this DVD simply to treasure being at that concert in Wembley Stadium with the big Goodyear blimp soaring overhead.
on April 13, 2004
I watched this once when it was shown on CBS in 1999. And i thought it could've been better. Little did i know that over three hours were editied from that showing. and over ten songs were omited. When i finally got to see the concert in its entirety I was blown away at how long it was. I especially love the "What's Love Got To Do With It" audience helper she does. I also missed the full length of "Proud Mary" which happens to be my favorite Tina song. All in all i love this dvd. I especially lvoe the interview with Tina and when it shows her always loyal fans showing up at her concerts and shouting to her or singing. I wish I could have been there but with this DVD i feel like i am there again and again. ha ha
on February 16, 2001
This DVD should be bought by anyone who really enjoys music. It was so difficult to imagine that the woman on stage was 60 at the time. As one who has seen Ms. Turner live in concert, I knew what to expect. I thought so, anyway. As I watched the show, from "I want to take you higher" to "24-7", the finale, I grew almost as excited as I was when I first saw the show last october. The energy this lady expends, the emotion she pours into each and every song, is just amazing. I realize Tina may not be everyone's ideal singer, but as a performer, she is on a plane of her own, with only such legends as the Rolling Stones and perhaps Prince as rivals. Her band plays perfectly, keeping with the changes in mood and tone, her back-up singers and dancers keping up gamely. Ultimately, however, your attention never strays far from the leggy icon herself. We should all look so incredible when over 60! Finally, though, the reason to buy this DVD is to enjoy a concert perormance that is everything and anything a music fan could ever want. She is, quite simply, THE BEST!