5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotic
One of the most hypnotic recordings I have ever heard. Entrancing and relaxing. I put this on to relax when i have to write or do something that requires clarity of mind.
Published on July 11 2008 by Lambchops

3.0 out of 5 stars Master craftsman at his best
Published on Nov. 24 2002 by Gary Ark

3.0 out of 5 stars Master craftsman at his best, Nov. 24 2002
Gary Ark "GaryA" (Winchester, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sarabande (Audio CD)
I've been Purple fan since its Concherto album and Jon has always been my favorite group's member. This album is Jon's masterpeice as a craftsmen musician. I alwayas felt that Jon has had difficulties coming up his own original material but has been unsurpassed in developing whatever material he's got to work with. I'm convinced that it is his collaboration with Ritchie Blackmore, who had no problems coming up with catchy riffs but neither skills nor patience to develop them into memorable compositions, created the phenom of Deep Purple. What makes Sarabande so good is that its "core tunes" are very reminisent of some popular tunes. For example, you cannot help thinking of "Take five" by Dave Brubeck when listening to Jon's Sarabande, or "Love theme from ..." when listening to Aria, to name a few. I gave it three stars for the reason to be objective to its real musical value, although in my book it's a five star album. If you are a hard rock fan who likes classic music, jazz or any noise that can touch your soul, this album is a must. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hypnotic, July 11 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive listening, March 24 2001
"ozcreeds" (Koolewong, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sarabande (Audio CD)
Warning: this album contains haunting and addictive melodies you'll want to listen to repeatedly. Lord describes this as his most accessible album, although he doesn't think it his best. Many of his fans disagree. Sarabande is an intriguing mix of classical, jazz and rock music from the pen of a talented and sometimes under-rated composer. While not as experimental or as audacious as earlier works such as Concerto and Gemini Suite, it contains a wider snapshot of Lord's ecclectic musical tastes (gained, he says, from his father). Expressive and heartfelt keyboards complemented by fine guitar, bass and drum work. Well worth $US12, even for those of us labouring under faltering currencies.

ARRAY(0xa556d948)

Sarabande
Sarabande by Jon Lord (Audio CD - 2003)