biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Audio CDChange

on November 14, 2001
Yes, I said this cd isn't worth buying. it is stale, repetitive and so commercial that any real rapping present is drowned out by garbage. I have a few reasons for saying this. Surprisingly enough (not), Dre doesn't leave much for himself to say. Decent intro, yet guess who does it? Thats right, S-N-double O-P. Nice one, Dre. Second, the only tracks i found listenable was Nuttin but a 'G' thang, let me ride and the $20 sac pyramid. Don't get me wrong, I like NWA, but Dre shoulda stayed with them. Thats another problem with this album; Dre spends more time dissing Eazy E, etc. than doing any rhyming. Check some of his lyrical flows----> "got my finger on the trigger, some n---az wonder why, but livin in this city it's do or die" (x3)
Come on!!! what is this? well, I suppose I've made my point, and by the way I would have given this 2 or 3 stars, but this coaster don't even bump.
On the plus side, this album IS better than 2001, but not by much
on October 31, 2001
this is the best cd in the gansta rap era.please buy this cd it is worth your money.
on October 20, 2001
i love dr. dre, and this cd is def. worth buying, but not before 2001. this one is more laid back, but i'm chillin' to it right now, u like this, buy snoop's doggystyle and everything eminem too.
on September 20, 2001
Dr. dre is an excellent producer and talented rapper. He uses his dawgs to help out on his trax and it wurks out marvelously. This is the BEST RAP/HIPHOP ALBUMS OF ALL TIME. Every song is a 5 star one. buy this cd, it is excellent. It shocks me how good an album could be
on September 15, 2001
This album is an all time classic. The first G funk album. The start of the G funk era. The quality of the music is enhanced by the use of real instruments. This is something that that makes this album stand out. The main thing, though, that makes this album so good is the group of rappers featured on it. There is a perfect balance between the hard voice of Dre, Snoop's unique smooth flow, the angry, vicious rhymes from Kurupt, the insane sounding RBX, and the Lady of Rage. This album is not perfect, but it is like nothing before it which makes it fresh and exciting everytime you listen to it.
on August 29, 2001
overall great cd. but dre need to go more solo and not rely on snoop hes a great producer. but better rapper. get out more dre make more of your OWN records dog
on August 1, 2001
Without a doubt this is an all time hiphop classic and is classic for music at that. If there is anyone, I mean anyone at all who does not have this album get it ! I know a lot of people simply have just heard the popular songs from this album about a million times, but there are also tracks on this lp that you havent heard and you need to listen into. This is when Dr Dre made music all sides of hiphop fans could tune into. This new album 2001 is complete garbage compared to this work of art here.
on July 30, 2001
Genre classic CD in a newly remastered edition with bonus video track and an extra track. Dark, dense, and intense, this represents Dr. Dre's commercial and artistic peak (so far) and should be part of everyone's core collection. The added track (placed last), though, is an unpleasant, misogynistic diatribe that does not enhance the album and, in fact, almost spoils it.
on June 23, 2001
Like Snoop's new release of Doggystyle, I like this version of Dre's Chronic better than the original because it is edited. Great cd! Some of us have not "Forgot about Dre." I will always support the edits. We all know about Dre's reveolutionary original Chronic release so no review is necessary. Thanks Dre (and those involved with the edit).
on June 22, 2001
Every time I go on a long road trip I play this CD through at least four times before I get to my destination. I didn't like this CD at all when it first came out. I wasn't ready to hear the greatness of it. This is not only one of the greatest rap CD's of all time, it's one of the greatest CDs of all time. If you have to own any rap at all, own this. If you like this, then you have to get some Parlament too (that's where most all of the samples come from).