5.0 out of 5 stars THE West Coast Classic
Published on June 7 2004

2.0 out of 5 stars c'est long
bonjour j'ai acheter un album de snoop doggy dog il y a maintenant 7 jours. J'avais pris l'option de livrison prioritaire qui disais gros max 3 jour ..... maintenant je demande un remboursement pour les frais elever de livraison ke finalement jai payer pour absolument rien
Published on Aug. 17 2012 by Nicolas Carbonneau-Demers

5.0 out of 5 stars THE West Coast Classic, June 7 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Doggystyle (Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
Snoop Doggy Dogg took us on a journey in this record. He goes everywhere. All of the songs are great, and some don't get the props they deserve simply because they are next to the songs that are so revolutionary. Dr. Dre's beats and Snoop's style were a combination that has never been duplicated. The bar is set so high that Dre and Snoop haven't even been able to get back to this rare air.
A cocky young Snoop Dogg with a smooth style is your tour guide. This is the best Snoop. This is the realest Snoop. This is Snoop minus the bullsh *t He has no cornrows, no straightened hair, no funky experimental rap styles - only the Dogg. He does it so well. Not only are the songs some of the best ever, but Doggytyle's videos changed the rap music in a way that The Chronic's really didn't.
Back in '94, Snoop penetrated with "Gin and Juice". The song and the video are some of the best ever. I half-heartedly looked for the CD with no success. Nonetheless the song had a powerful affect. The video, even more so. The chorus and the beat is smooth as hell, and Snoop puts it down flawlessly. While it's just a party song, it's a fu* king anthem. Additionally, the video is still hilarious to this day. Snoop comes off as the ultimate g. It's also the first appearance of Lil' Bow Wow. (I only wish it were the last). I'm not going to diagnose it for you. If you don't get it, I don't know what to tell you.
"Murder was the Case" is the song where Snoop goes a bit further. The song is one of the greatest ever. It's my favorite song on the CD, and I would argue that Snoop never made it past this level. The beat is so ominous and the lyrics are tight. The ominous voice from the beyond and Snoop's cocky youthful rapping make this song one for the ages.
The "Who Am I (What's My Name)" video and the song come together as a package deal with the album. Using technology in a rap video was a huge step. This is one of the first truly advanced rap video. It features Snoop turning into a dog, and him running from the 'Doggcatchers'. The flashy in your face beat along with Snoop's mocking taunts puts him on the map. The song's beat is one of Dre's best ever (I just LOVE it), lyrics are meaningful, and the rhyming is tight as hell. This is simply an amazingly definitive song.
Those are all of the absolutely mind blowing songs. Other songs that would be considered major efforts if they were on other albums are: "Tha Shiznit", "Ain't No Fun", "Doggy Dogg World", and "Serial Killa". When I put this CD in I just sit back and let it play. It's an experience and it never gets old. This is my, rap_lunatic's, favorite album of all time. I look forward to so many tracks. There is never a time when I want to skip a few tracks ahead to get to the track I really want to hear.
I think this is stronger than Dr. Dre's "The Chronic", overall. I prefer this album to most anything. While there are absolutely no social value in this album, you can't blame Snoop for it. Snoop is not a political rapper. If that's what you are looking for on a Snoop's record, you don't feel him.
Doggystyle is just possibly the greatest album ever. All I can do is stand back and applaud this record. I still hear it blaring out of my car to this day.
So, if I have to tell you why you sould buy this album, you must be on an isolated island eating through raw fishes.
P.S. Snoop's underrated but very tight album, "Tha Doggfather", is also not to be forgotten.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Doggystyle": Still Classic After All These Years!, April 25 2004
Crazy Jim (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doggy Style (Audio CD)
Following the success of 1992's "The Chronic", the unstoppable duo of Dr. Dre and newcomer Snoop Doggy Dogg quickly got to work on Snoop's debut album, "Doggystyle". Many critics wondered if the charismatic youngster from Long Beach could stand out by himself with his own name on the album cover. All the doubters were quickly silenced as Snoop dropped what would be considered one of the hottest debut albums ever.
With production work handled entirely by Dr. Dre, "Doggystyle" is one of those albums that to this day, ten years after its release, can still be played the whole way through. Not only has its production been imitated by countless producers but Snoop's rhymes on this album have been sampled by every emcee from Jay-Z to Eminem. With classic party joints like the hit singles, "What's My Name?" and "Gin & Juice", Snoop proved that despite his reputation as a so-called "gangsta" rapper, he could still make songs to turn a party out. While this album has been influential to many rappers, Snoop himself was clearly influenced by different artists from P-Funk pioneer George Clinton to rap storytellers like Slick Rick as he shows on the laid-back "Lodi Dodi". Snoop also brings his crew along with him as Tha Dogg Pound's Kurupt and Daz showcase their chemistry on "Serial Killa" and "For All My (...)". Kurupt's verse on "Ain't No Fun" is as equally classic as partner Nate Dogg's crooning. Snoop drops what is actually a freestyle on "Tha Shiznit" and he never misses a beat. The classic "Doggy Dogg World" brings the very best from everyone involved. Dre's production along with verses from Snoop, Daz, and Kurupt is the stuff that hit records are made of. The chorus from The Dramatics is the perfect finishing touch to it all.
I don't need to tell you what a classic album "Doggystyle" is. Its record sales and critical praise speak for itself. If you don't have this LP, you need to go out and get it. If you can find the ultra-rare first print that contains "G'z Up, Hoes Down", you better grab that as well. "Doggystyle" was the perfect follow-up to "The Chronic". The same young roster of future superstars came back to show that it wasn't no fluke.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Snoop Dogg CD Ever!, March 1 2004
This review is from: Doggystyle (Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
This CD is, in my opinion, the best one of the Snoop solo albums. The other ones are real good, but not like this one... It reminds us of good times, when we still had Tupac and Biggie with us... Like Missy Elliott uses to say, times when "hip hop was so much fun"...
This CD features a lot of rappers, and that's a good thing. Buying a CD from a most famous rapper is a good tool to discover new rappers we don't already know, to discover if they're good.
My favorite songs in here are "Ain't No Fun (If The Homies Can't Have None)", "For All N****z & B****s", "Gz And Hustlas", "Lodi Dodi", "Murder Was The Case", "Shiznit", "Who Am I (What's My Name)?" and "Gin And Juice". Well, this is almost the entire album, to be honest.
If they were about to release another Snoop Dogg's Greatest Hits CD today, no doubt about 3/4 of it would be songs from Doggystyle. This is one of the best rap CDs ever, and that's saying a lot. Buy it and let it flow.

5.0 out of 5 stars The pinnacle project of the gangsta rap era, Jan. 27 2004
This review is from: Doggystyle (Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
Snoop Dogg. Perhaps the most beloved rapper and pop culture icon of the last 10 years; Snoop has made a career of being cool. Though he as made average to solid albums during his tenure in hip hop, none have come close to matching his debut, artistcally or commercially. When he became the showpiece on Dr. Dre's the Chronic, he became the hot topic of discussion in hip hop circles; while he's not the most mindblowing MC ever, it's his flow and lyrical delivery that keep the listener mesmerized. Of the 14 songs on this album, seven of them are hip hop standards; What's My Name(with it's landmark "dog morphing" video),Gin And Juice(with it's unforgettable
house party video)Doggy Dogg World(with it's ode to the 70's featuring The Fabulous Dramatics) and Ain't No Fun(one of the gratest posse joints of all time, with the first apperances of Warren G and Nate Dogg),Murder Was The Case( talk about irony, since he actually WAS on trial for murder)G's Up, Hoes Down( which is on rare copies of the album,since it was removed due to an uncleared sample). Put in his masterful remake of Slick Rick's Lodi Dodi, Tha Shiznit, Stranded On Death Row, and the G's and Hustlaz and you have hip hop mastery and Deathrow Records at it's heights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Among the Greatests., Jan. 20 2004
Chris (Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doggystyle (Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
Every track on this CD is good. This is the perfect complement to The Chronic. Both albums define the very nature of what G-Funk and rap are all about. It's produced by Dr. Dre, and his influence is seen in every track through incredibly irrestible beats (a la The Chronic). This CD has some of the best beats ever heard on a rap album, combined with incredible lyrics and Snoop's best style. Guest appearances from The Dogg Pound rappers are excellent, and this is by far Snoop's best rapping.
This CD CANNOT be compared to any other Snoop Dogg CD; it surpasses any of his other albums with ease. There are so many classics on this album ("Gin and Juice," "Murder Was the Case," "Ain't No Fun," "Tha Shiznit," etc.) and the others, though less played, are equally as good. If you liked The Chronic (in other words, if you like real rap with incredible beats and lyrics) then buy this album. It will not disappoint. This goes along perfectly with The Chronic and many debate which album is better. Either way, you cannot lose with this album: It is easily one of the best rap albums EVER.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE West Coast Rap, Jan. 16 2004
This review is from: Doggystyle (Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
Snoop Doggy Dogg took us on a journey in this record. He goes everywhere. All of the songs are good, and some don't get the props they deserve simply because they are next to the songs that are so revolutionary. Dr. Dre's beats and Snoop's style were a combination that has never been duplicated. The bar is set so high that Dre and Snoop haven't even been able to get back to this rare air.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snoop Dogg, Jan. 8 2004
This review is from: Doggystyle (Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
Snoop's first (and I am just about sure the best selling) album. It is a masterpeice. Came out in the '93's and sold very well. Later Snoop did his 2nd album "Tha Doggfather" Once again, sold very well. Snoop was big, a real big rapper, like he still is this day, and always will be. On this album, CLASSIC song "Who Am I? (What's My Name)?" makes it's way to track 8, as one of the greatest hits on this album. Other hits include "Gin & Juice" "Ain't No Fun" "Doggy Dogg World" and some more but those are enough for you to get the idea that Snoop Dogg is such a great rapper. I mean, almost every song on this is a hit. That is why it sold so well. Mabey (but not sure) but just mabey, might of sold better than Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" I don't think so.... but just mabey. Track 6 "Murder Was The Case" didn't make it's way to a hit like it's remix did. But is still an awesome song. I think that the normal is better actually! "Tha Shiznit" is another very popular track. All are great though. Dre wasn't a guest really on this, which I was hoping to see. Dre and Snoop are good friends. On different Snoop Albums, and Dre albums, they sing ALOT together. I was watching on TV once that Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre sold an album together,in which they both made it. I have never seen it in real life, but on TV. Because once I tried to buy it, and I went to 7 different CD stores, but none of those I found this album. It must either be all sold out, or very rare. There are some things I have been wondering about snoop dogg and his changes. One is, this, and Tha Doggfather, his two oldest ones, he never said "FoShizzle" or "Fizzle" But from all of his new stuff, he says it alot. Was that a new line? I thought it was from the old snoop. I heard him say some thing like "Trizzey" but never foshizzle. huh. Another thing is, he sold a good two albums with Suge Knight's Death Row records. But in snoop's song Pimp Slapp'd, he all says bad stuff about Suge Knight and the record label. I do not get it. Well anyway, this is an awesome album. Awesome beats. But I think i need to shut up now. Bye the way, if you don't have this, then buy it now! This album really starts the perfect CD collection!! 10 out of 10! more awesome Snoop albums to come!
~ Makaveli tha don

5.0 out of 5 stars let the DOGG take over your mind, Aug. 27 2003
This review is from: Doggystyle (Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
There are no words that can describe how PERFECT this album is. If you like 'The Chronic' by Dr. Dre, you'll absolutely adore this album. It has everything you need and everything you ever wanted. This is without a doubt one of the best G Funk albums ever created. This compared to 'G Funk Era' and 'The Chronic', it's impossible to say which one is the best. If you're one of those people who dislike this album, something must be wrong with you because this has easily entered Rap's Hall of Fame.
Produced by Dr. Dre, this has mind-blowing and ear-splitting beats I've ever heard in the G Funk genre. Outstanding songs to be heard on this album are: What's my Name, Gin n Juice, Tha Shiznit, Murder was the Case, Doggy Dogg World and Ain't No Fun (which is my favorite song on this album. Expect guest appearances from Dogg Pound, Dre, RBX, Lady of Rage, Warren G (basically the whole Death Row crew except for 2pac).
Out of every rap album Snoop has released, this is the best by a long shot. I wanna give props to Snoop for creating such a perfect album. This is perfect in all sorts of way and to those who don't respect Snoop, F*CK YOU.
One love
-WUTANG- 36 CHAMBERS

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!!, June 3 2003
Jason from the block (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doggystyle (Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
Think back to 1993 when Dr. Dre's Chronic album was the hottest album out. How many times did you hear Nuthin But a G Thang, Dre Day and Let me Ride. Snoop Doggy Dogg was his sidekick and together they made hit after hit after hit and monopolized commercial rap radio together. No one seemed hotter than Snoop Doggy Dogg at that point in time and the album he came out with was better than I could ever imagine. I remember buying this album and listening to the whole thing over and over. Some critics say this album is nothing but the Chronic Part II which is a pretty valid argument because the albums do have the same flavor but how bad can that be?? Doggystyle is a great album from top to bottom with the crazy fresh beats and the production by Dr. Dre. Each song is very crisp and vocals come thru great. Yes there is a lot of cursing, mentions of drugs, killing and disrepect of woman but if you didn't know that about Snoop before the album then you must of been living under a rock. My favorite tracks on the album would have to be Gin and Juice, Ain't No Fun, What's my Name and Doggy Dogg World. Don't worry about skipping tracks because even the skits are well done and entertaining. The one bad thing about the album i would have to say is that G'z Up Hos Down is no longer included on the album. Anyone with the first pressing has G'z Up Hos Down on it and has the messed up tracklisting with The Next Episode listed but no actual song on the album. I guess the good ol Doctor didn't clear that Isaac Hayes sample. But anyways, go pick this up, unlike many other rap artists from Southern California who made one album that had hits and just disapeared (Domino, MC Eiht) from the mainstream, this one really hits. Snoop Dogg still makes records but nothing has ever come close to this album. One of the essential albums ever in hip hop I believe.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Top Rap Albums Ever!, March 30 2003
This review is from: Doggystyle (Explicit Version) (Audio CD)
Every track on this CD is good. There is not ONE bad track to speak of, and that's a huge accomplishment by itself. This is the perfect complement to The Chronic. Both albums define the very nature of what G-Funk and rap are all about. It's produced by Dr. Dre, and his influence is seen in every track through incredibly irrestible beats (a la The Chronic). This CD has some of the best beats ever heard on a rap album, combined with incredible lyrics and Snoop's best style. Guest appearances from The Dogg Pound rappers are excellent, and this is by far Snoop's best rapping.

Doggystyle (Explicit Version)
Doggystyle (Explicit Version) by Snoop Doggy Dogg (Audio CD - 2001)