4.0 out of 5 stars very good; but fullscreen?
I saw this movie as kid and remember loving it; I bought it 17 years later anbd still love it. But the product description says fullscreen/widescreen... aspect ratio 1.85:1. This is good, however the version I recieved was fullscreen. Only. No option to change. Clearly this is a mistake and I hope anybody planning on buying this movie realizes that they will probably...
Published on Aug. 30 2006 by Clinton Tjensvold

3.0 out of 5 stars Review for 'The Beast'
I've seen this movie several times on various cable movie channels, and I think it's pretty good. It was a bit disconcerting listening to the Soviets speaking english and not even getting sub-titles for the Mujahadeen's dialogue, but the action and plot made up for it. There is some very brief nudity, as well as violence and profanities, so you may want to cover the...
Published on Dec 27 2000 by bassmas314@aol.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, Nov. 23 1999
This review is from: Beast [Import] (VHS Tape)
Probably the best war movie I have ever seen. The drama is very realistic and believable and the characters draw you into the movie from the start. I haven't been able to find this movie anywhere but here....but that price....ugh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 21 1999
This review is from: Beast [Import] (VHS Tape)
Think Das Boot, Stalingrad with this one. Realistic mostly, well-made, but also about soldiers as people. If I recall right, this was originally a play (I saw this when it came out). Now, if the price'll just come down...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic forgotten war film, June 26 2014
This review is from: The Beast (Bilingual) (DVD)
This film depicts the very brutal nature of war in Afganistan. The acting and script is fantastic. Too bad the film did not do better upon release. Anyone interested in good war films should purchase this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Russia's Vietnam, July 16 2000
James Merlini (Montgomery, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beast [Import] (VHS Tape)
The Beast is the Soviet equivalent of Fields of Fire or Rumor or War. Outstandingly stark portrayal of a Russian tank crew stalked by Muhajadeen in Afghanistan.
Must be seen to appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beast, Feb. 7 2000
This review is from: Beast [Import] (VHS Tape)
I saw this movie in 1989, I have been trying to purchase it but due to its price I have not been able to, but i have good news: reel.com will be selling this in april/2000 for 12.99.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Tanker Movie, July 14 1999
This review is from: Beast [Import] (VHS Tape)
As an ex-tanker I can say this movie is as good as it gets for film. Gives a unique view into a unique conflict and a great feel for what being a tanker is all about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planar Void, Jan. 6 2000
orcus37 (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beast [Import] (VHS Tape)
I only remember parts of this movie and they were great. I really can't wait to see it again some day. I hope I live that long.

The Beast (Bilingual)
The Beast (Bilingual) by Kevin Reynolds (DVD - 2001)
CDN$ 99.76