4.0 out of 5 stars boysmom

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing game for the money
Published on May 10 2004 by Sandy Key

4.0 out of 5 stars boysmom, June 30 2004
This review is from: Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
I don't know what people are complaining about this game. We absolutely love it. I have a 5 year old who was able to pick this game up and run with it. He loves it and plays it constantly. These people that run through it in a few hours must be much older because we have been doing a few levels a day and they can be time consuming. I love being able to jump in with him and playing for a while and then getting out without bothering his game. My 3 year old also loves to just sit and watch all the characters. The characters are great and so are the voices. If you have young players, this is the game for you. It is well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, especially for kids, June 23 2004
Catrina Thomas "Luvtlee" (Swansboro, NC - United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
Those who said it has bad graphics are way off the mark in my opinion. The graphics are awesome and the gameplay itself is really smooth. My kids all love it and play it often. Their ages are 13, 11 and 8....my 3 year old loves to watch while they play it. The voices are either original or so close to sounding original that I can't tell the difference and I've seen the movies many times.
This game was well worth the money, and given the chance I would buy it all over again. I can't say that for many other games out there where I wish I could've gotten my money back instead!

4.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun, May 13 2004
This review is from: Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
I must be playing a different game then the other reviewer.
Bought the game - my six year old and nine year old love it!
I've played a few levels with them and enjoyed it as well.
Allows you to play 4 players at a time and players can join or leave at any time. Controls are quite easy. Game mixes up platform type action with mini-games called hero time. Lots of different characters from the movie. Graphics are quite good - much better then the first Shrek Video Game. Any kid that likes the movie will have a blast with the game.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing game for the money, May 10 2004
This review is from: Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
I bought the game for my 10 y.o. son who had a birthday this past weekend. He loved the earlier Shrek game, as well as the movie, so I thought it was a safe bet. The game is rated E but it has very inappropriate jokes and acts. He was bored with it after a couple of hours. He played a bit again yesterday and he completed it before noon. It's a very short game. The game looks better than the first game, but it was very short with little "fun" factor for the kids. It's really not worth $50, not even $20.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for a great movie, June 1 2004
This review is from: Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
Shrek 2 is a great little game.
Most licensed games suck. Its a historical fact. There have been a couple of good ones recently and Shrek 2 adds to the list and provides probably the best example of a licensed game for the younger crowd. It also adds an very well done 4-player element with players able to join/un-join whenever they want. That's gotta be good for parents who may want to play along and for inviting friends over, etc.
Fast-paced, funny and good looking. Good job Shrek!

4.0 out of 5 stars very fun, May 27 2004
This review is from: Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
this is an awsome game i played it at my cousins house before i bought it. it is fun because there is 4 carachters 1. shrek 2. fiona 3. donkey and 4. ginger bread man i like being gingerman the best beacause when it comes to targets he is youre man with his candy cane boomrang that is his speical power. shreks is a butt bomb fionas is to slow up time. i dont know what donkeys is because i am never him donkey and the gingerbread man are the best jumpers and donkey is the fastest

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, June 13 2004
This review is from: Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
We found this game to be entertaining and fun. Haven't really seen any offensive scenes. Our kids love it. Players can change characters in a split second to achieve the necessary action. Warning: can be very addictive. The voices sound very much like the voices in the two movies, and the graphics are realistic. All in all, another quality PS2 game! If you like the Shrek movies, you'll love this game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money, June 30 2004
Sam (Key West, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
Don't waste your money on this, it's more entertaining spreading the money you would've spent on this game around on the living room floor and lighting it on fire. This game was beaten in a few hours (read: under four) and it has zero replayability unless you suffer from severe memory loss. Another typical crappy game trying to cash in on a hit movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun for Kids, June 29 2004
This review is from: Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
My kids are usually disappointed with the games that are advertised on tv but they LOVE this game. The kids are 6 and 8 and really get in to it. I love the graphics, I don't know why some people are negative about it. This is a great game unless you spend your life playing PS2...then of course, you'll need to get a life, not expect one from a game!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Family Game, July 14 2004
XCOP32 "xcop32" (Keystone Heights, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
I bought this game to play with my 4 and 7 year old and it was an excellent choice! The graphics are excellent and the game is fun as well as challenging. It took us DAYS to beat Puss-N-Boots! We have been playing for days and are only 25% complete. I would highly recommend this game for those who want to be involved in your kids gamming time!

Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2
Shrek 2 - PlayStation 2 by ACTIVISION INC. (PlayStation2)
CDN$ 39.48