5.0 out of 5 stars Alfred Hitchcock Meets Ingmar Bergman (And Tom Tykwer)
"Signs" is,undobtedly, one of the most misunderstood films in recent memory. It is also one of the most brilliantly conceived and executed films in many a year. The heart of the movie lies NOT with the outward ET invasion, but with the father's inward crisis of faith.
The film asks the the timeless and difficult question that philosophers and theologians...
Published on June 23 2003 by cdset

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing and not scary
Quickly: disapointing, not that scary.

Summary: Priest loses wife, then loses faith and is left raising 2 kids with the help of his brother. Creepy things happen, it ends up it's aliens, they all hide, then fight one alien and learn that there reall is a god.

The Good: I actually liked the little girl, she was just creepy enough and not annoying. I...
Published on Feb. 11 2007 by Maurice G. Tousignant

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you read the Signs?, Nov. 6 2002
This review is from: Signs (Bilingual) (DVD)
Signs is great its one of the best movies I have seen in years and I will conitune to watch it for some time. I have seen Signs three times in the movies and I would have went a couple more times if I could have gotten away. I have the soundtrack which I listen to everyday so its just like watching the movie over again. I really enjoyed the feel of the movie and the pase. All I can do is wait for the release date. If you can still find a thearther I recommend this film. Five Stars*****!

4.0 out of 5 stars Creepy for awhile, but always funny..., Nov. 5 2002
This review is from: Signs (Bilingual) (DVD)
I went to this movie, not knowing what the exact plot was. I had seen one preview. I never expected this good of a movie.
Basic plot- Farmer Graham(Mel Gibson) wakes up one morning to discover strange symbols in his cornfield. Slowly, things get even stranger. The local animals start acting strange. He sees disturbing shadow figures prowling around his house and feild at night. Crop circles are popping up all over the world...
This movie has genuine charm to it. The first time I saw it, it gave me horrible creeps(coming from someone who thought 'The Exorcist' wasn't scary). It still makes me laugh. It has great suspense, and also great family value as well.
The one star taken off is for the aliens actual appearance once they come out of the shadows...their faces are more comic than creepy. Another reason a star is taken off, is because Mr Shyamalan(I know I misspelled that) called sharers('bootleggers') douchebags.
All in all, though, its a very good movie that you should enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good movie, Nov. 2 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Signs (Bilingual) (DVD)
This is such a good movie. I saw it 5 times in theaters with my friend, and it honestly is one of my favorite movies. Its so scary, and has awesome parts that just jump out at you and make you scream. Its just a very enjoyable movie. I loved it :) The actors were good, mel was a little funny in places but thats just mel being mel. You should definetely see it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cure for insomnia, rent or buy Signs, you'll soon be snoring, Nov. 1 2002
This review is from: Signs (Bilingual) (DVD)
Mel Gibson, the magic word, it must be an entertaining film, he always gives value for money, not this time.
We have a field with corn circles, a farmers house, and a few extra scenes to pad the time out. The farmers's house of course has a basement, and the living quarters are decorated like a funeral parlor and there is an awful lot of talking and no action.
OK for home entertainment where the fridge is close by and a nice broken-in sofa.
Thoroughly disappointing, waste of gas money, waste of ticket money, and a thorough waste of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it! We loved it!, Oct. 31 2002
"missalayna" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Signs (Bilingual) (DVD)
We LOVED this film, like another reviewer said- It's rare to have the whole theatre scream and startle all at the same time.To me, there is something to be said about the quality of a filmmaker to make you laugh uproariously in one scene and not a split second later screaming out loud. And I DO mean scream...LOUDLY! And the Director managed to do this time and time again in this film.I usually never make a sound in theatres.Not this time. I love the screenwriting, especially Joaquin Phoenix's character. I will be one of the first in line for the DVD, it is priceless to me! Bravo again, Mr. Shyamalan!

2.0 out of 5 stars It doesn 't deliver, Oct. 29 2002
Gerald Schoenburg (MOORPARK, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I used to depend on Roger Ebert for a sensible review. He loved
this movie. Since his partner died (Siskel), his tastes seemed tochange as far as I am concerned. I disagree with almost every one of his reviews now.
This movie had great promise, and really got me going for the the first 45 minutes. After that, it wasn't either as scary as I thought it would be, and sort of peetered out at the end.
If plain ordinary water was the ultimate weapon against these creatures, then why weren't they in pain in the wet dewy fields of corn and grass? Especially at night and early morning...

5.0 out of 5 stars An in-depth character study well done!, Oct. 22 2002
This review is from: Signs (Bilingual) (DVD)
Based on the theatrical previews, I was expecting more of a crop circle drama. Instead, I received something better. This is a great, thought-provoking movie. It is not for the weak-minded or the viewer just out for a fun flick to watch. Entertainment is great, but sometimes it is nice to have a challenge or two such as Signs. This movie questions the existence and relationship with a 'higher power' without being new-agie or overtly religious-specific. Gibson and the rest of the cast did a wonderful job of mystery, fear, faith, humor, and just plain acting. The director should be proud of doing such a good job with his limited film budget, awesome artistic cinematography, and production of Signs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Certain movies are there for certain reasons, Oct. 19 2002
Kyle Crick (Los angeles, Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Signs (Bilingual) (DVD)
Well some people get it and some don't. I watch alot of movies and you can not compare certain types of film with others. There is no giant spectrum it is a "film type" thing. I wouoldn't dare say "Well its not as good as requiem for a dream" about this movie. Honestly, It is a return to an old filming style and it is easily the best I have seen in quiet some time. Mel Gibson does an excelent job, the story told you WHAT YOU NEEDED TO KNOW. This isn't the story about the world it's the story about a family and how they overcome certain trials. If you were looking for Independence day, go rent it. The humerous factor just added to and I can easily say this had everything it needed to be to be a great movie....

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pitch Perfect Thriller!!!, Oct. 18 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Signs (Bilingual) (DVD)
This movie had style, suspense, and one heck of an ending. Mel Gibson's preformence was awesome and so was the kids'. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched it so I won't give away the ending, but I can tell you one thing. Once you think all the scares are over, your in for one last thrill along with ten more minutes of film. You'll have to see this one for your self.

5.0 out of 5 stars Signs What more is there to say?, April 5 2003
Andrea Norris (Wallagrass, ME United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Signs (Bilingual) (DVD)
This movie sacared me but thats what i asked for! i recomond this to any person who wan't to be scared!!cuz i certinaly was!!

ARRAY(0xb31558f4)

Signs (Bilingual)
Signs (Bilingual) by M. Night Shyamalan (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 8.98