5.0 out of 5 stars Quantum Leap Season One
This is a must have for the Quantum Leap fan!
Has Pilot Episode! See how it all began.
Scott Bakula in his memorable role as Sam Beckett.
Published 17 months ago by Kimberley Orobko

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, but Short First Season --- at a Full Price
One of the most innovative series finally comes to DVD! The first season, though short (only nine episodes, since it was a mid-season replacement), introduced us quite eloquently to a wonderful, but too short-lived series (it should have gone on for a few more seasons).
Published on March 21 2004 by Mr. Dana

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, but Short First Season --- at a Full Price, March 21 2004
This review is from: Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season (DVD)
The quality with DVD's is unquestioned. The only problem with this one is pricing. You're paying the same price you would for a full 22/24 episode season. The three star rating has nothing to do with the series itself. It's just the valve of episodes -to-pricing that brought it down in my estimation. For the series itself, it's easily a five star show. My recommendation would be to wait before buying this. The price is bound to come down before too long. The first season does have some of the most outstanding episode, and after just the first episode, the viewer fully understands what the series is all about.
Quantum Leap itself was one of the most innovative and outstanding series of all time the quality of the acting, and especially the writing, was top notch from the get-go. This series will not disappoint, and you don't have to be a sci-fi fan to appreciate it.
This series should have been released on DVD a long time ago. Let's hope the whole series is out within the next year or so!

1.0 out of 5 stars ABSURD PRICE----not Amazon's fault, June 7 2004
Nihilistine (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Amazon is about as cheap a price as I have seen this so it isn't their fault. This is a very good show but there are LESS THAN 9 hours of actual show on this. About 7 1/2 at 50 minutes an episode. 8 episodes including the 2 hour pilot. Reminds me of the very overpriced FARSCAPE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quantum Leap Season One, Nov. 4 2012
Kimberley Orobko (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season (DVD)
This is a must have for the Quantum Leap fan!
Has Pilot Episode! See how it all began.
Scott Bakula in his memorable role as Sam Beckett.

5.0 out of 5 stars I grew up with this show and it has ALWAYS stuck with me..., July 11 2004
This review is from: Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season (DVD)
Just like hose_8111, I grew up watching this series. When I was in my 5th year of gradeschool the series finale aired. Ever since, I have been using every chance I get to catch an episode on some friends' cable (as I sadly don't have my own). This DVD is a godsend! Along with The Wonder Years, MacGyver and Star Trek: The Next Generation, Quantum Leap is one of those shows I grew up with and will always remember with fondness. And ever since I discovered the music and story of The Beatles, The Wonder Years and Quantum Leap have given me an even greater nostalgia.
Years after I had seen it, when I discovered The Beatles, I remembered this particular episode: Sam had traveled back in time to the late 1960's, Vietnam hotpot, he was himself at a younger age! In the show, his sister was a Beatles fan and he told her that The Beatles would break up in 1970 but that John Lennon would go on to have a great solo career. Then, he took out a guitar and proceeded to play and sing "Imagine". I was a very young child when I saw this, with no real idea of who The Beatles or John Lennon were, and still I remember this episode!
Quantum Leap was a fantastic and progressive show, everything looked so real and the stories were very compelling! Sam traveled through many segments of time, became involved in famous or simple situations, had run-ins with some life-changing legends of the time and always helped to change many peoples' life for the best! It was a great show and probably expressed a dream many of us have had: taking a trip through history and possibly changing the outcome of certain situations! Plus, the history information here is like watching the best documentary you'll ever see!
I can't wait for more seasons to come out on DVD, I want to re-relive history all over again! (Kind of like deja vu all over again, huh? Ha ha!)

5.0 out of 5 stars very good picture quality, July 17 2004
This review is from: Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season (DVD)
I guess when you are reading this, you've already watched the whole series in the 90's (or 80's?) If you are not, this is a pretty good show. They have the re-run in the SciFi Channel. You may want to watch it in the SciFi Channel and see if you like the show first. In a nutshell, Quantum Leap is about a guy trapped in a time travalling sciense experiment. He leaps from one timeline to another timeline. He has no control on where or when he will traval to. When he is in another timeline, he becomes someone else in someone else's body. Of course, when he is somewhere else in someone's body, there will be a different kind of stories in every single show.
Time travalling stories, IMHO, are all about the same thing. Whether it is The Time Machine, Back to the Future, or Lost In Space, it is all about... well... you know what. Quantum Leap is almost about the same but with a little variation.
What makes this DVD set five stars, beside it has a good story, is the picture quality. It is very sharp with very good color reproduction. If you have the Star Trek Next Generation or the Sex in the City set, you know how crappy fuzzy these two dvd sets are.
On the other hand, sound quality is not as good as the picture quality but it is at least loud enough. Since this show is not about special effect and stuff like that, I guess the sound quality is not that important.
Overall, this is a pretty good set. I am looking forward for the rest of it.
I also hope that they will release the Nowhere Man DVD set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love this series, Oct. 16 2011
Sunnypatch (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season (DVD)
We've been watching each of the episodes every night and introducing them to our kids. They can't wait for Quantum Leap time and enjoy it as much as I used to as a kid. I did find the first season to be a little over-priced compared to the other Series sets since it has less shows on it but I guess it did the trick because it hooked me into buying the other seasons. The range of issues that are covered during the shows are impressive and has certainly generated a lot of talk about that past with the kids. Enjoyable all the way around.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quantum leap S1, July 9 2010
Clayton Fehr - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season (DVD)
The series is good yet the price is very high for as few of shows that there are per season.
only 9 shows, not many for how much they are asking for this 1989 series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic TV!, July 17 2004
M. J Krankka "Whovian" (New London,MO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season (DVD)
This show is one of the all time classics.My favorite episodes from season 1 is The Color of Truth and Camikazi Kid.The other episodes was great too.I also like the appearence of Buddy Holly.I do think Quantum Leap over did with a kiss with history bit,such as Stephen King who appeared in season 3 or was it 4?I also enjoyed the Quantum Leap episodes where Scott Backula sung.Scott is a amazing singer! Any way this is an amzing DVD set to have.I cant wait for the October release of season 2.And also cant wait to get Scott Backula's other TV show on DVD Enterprise.Way to go Universal! Cant wait for Knight Rider and Buck Rogers!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's About Time...., July 13 2004
K. Yee "kimathon" (Stockton, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season (DVD)
At last, we finally get Quantum Leap on DVD. I have had only my VHS tapes of just 5 episodes and the Sci-Fi channel reruns to keep me happy. This series has aged well. Since it is about time travel, the sets and stories can withstand the decade that has passed since it was first released. Share it with your children. It is good family oriented stories, and you can even derive a lesson or two, as well. Can't wait until the rest of the seasons are released.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, characters--bring on the remaining season sets, July 12 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season (DVD)
While I agree with those who have said that the price for this first (abbreviated) season set is a bit high, I have to say it's worth it. Not only do these episodes build the foundation for the rest of the series, but the extras are a must for any long-time (or new) fan. For those having difficulty finding the "secret messages", play the DVD on your computer--by doing so, I found the messages easily. Enjoy this great series. Bring on the remaining season sets!

ARRAY(0xbb095f0c)

Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season
Quantum Leap: The Complete First Season by Michael Vejar (DVD - 2005)
CDN$ 36.99 CDN$ 26.68