5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best movies ever, March 27 2006
This is a great movie, bar none.
Everyone has to see this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walk the Line, April 16 2007
Michelle (Ottawa, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed this film and recommend it to anyone that likes a good love story. You don't need to be a Johnny Cash fan to enjoy this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Cash, Jan. 10 2012
Greg "neurosky" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: NEW Walk The Line (DVD) (DVD)
One of my favourite films. I was never a Cash fan but I fell in love with the characters, the performances, the story and before too long I found myself addicted to Cash's own music. Whether you're a Cash fan or not you should enjoy this film. It's a dramatic, witty, deep and very emotional film that should endure for many years to come!

ADDED FOOTAGE: Of course the extra time slows the film down a little but I loved every bit of added footage because it all added something to the film and actually feels like it belongs here. Watching the Extended Cut was like being reintroduced to a film that I already loved, for now it has even more depth.

SPECIAL FEATURES: Famous musicians and relatives of Cash and Carter talk lovingly about different aspects and chapters of Cash's life and his relationship with June Carter. There is real substance in what they have to say and the story told is so powerful that it should bring a tear to your eye. My only complaint is that there wasn't more on the actual making of the film. Still, the bonus features are so excellent that I feel I shouldn't complain. Just the inclusion of the extended musical performances is enough to make anyone smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellente et fidèle biographie, Nov. 22 2011
La vie de Johnny Cash traitée avec tact, justesse de ton et exactitude historique. Les acteurs sont excellents. On a vraiment l'impression de revivre le destin étonnant de Johnny Cash. VO sous titrée français. Son et image excellents

4.0 out of 5 stars vey well done, Nov. 21 2010
I really enjoted this movie. I was surpised that they didn't mention the death of Luther Perkins (Johnny's origional guitar player).

5.0 out of 5 stars a stunning biography of Johnny Cash, Nov. 22 2007
wow!!!i'd heard this was a great film,so i finally decided to watch
it.i have to say,it exceeded my expectations.the acting was amazing in
this movie,as was the direction.i really liked the fact that it showed
Johnny Cash at his worst,as well as his best.there was a great
back-story to Walk the Line,beginning with cash as a twelve year old
child,and how he had a less than perfect childhood.his father was a
jerk,to put it mildly while his mother just stood on the
sidelines,allowing young John to be treated poorly.the supporting
performances were also very good.but it was Joaquin Phoenix(as a grown
up cash, and Reese Witherspoon,as June Carter(who would eventually
agree to marry him and become June Carter Cash),who were both
brilliant.there was great chemistry between the two,and you really
wanted them to get together.i really liked the interplay between the
two.the dialogue was well written.i also loved the old songs,from the
50s and 60's. this film showed Cash as a rockabilly type singer,before
he became famous for his country songs.he was very popular as a
rockabilly singer,much more popular than i think most people realize.he
wasn't a perfect person,by any means.he had his problems,but was deep
down a good man,and really tried hard to turn his life around.you felt
sympathy for him and felt his happiness when June carter finally agreed
to marry him.this is one of the best movies i have ever seen.great
movie all around.wow!!!i highly recommend it.even if you are not a
Johnny Cash fan(which i wasn't),you will be entertained.as an
aside,apparently both Phoenix and Witherspoon did all the singing
themselves,making their performances even more amazing. 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent and dazzling portrait of the Man in Black., July 12 2007
I saw this outstanding and honest film about Johnny Cash's life at the cinema with my parents. When we left we realised that we saw something amazing. A film that had the viewer transfixed to the screen by its raw power and energy. This was a very special film indeed.

The film is topped and tailed by Johnny Cash's performance at the Folsom Prison in the early part of the 60's. In between these two scenes, we are shown the main story of Cash's childhood upbringing, his reaction when his brother dies in a freak accident, his leaving home to start on a singing career, get in trouble with women relationships and drugs, up to the moment when he meets and falls in love with June Carter who does her painstaking best to get him off the drugs and to clean his act up.

There are some stunning and memorable scenes in this amazingly realised film and there are some powerful scenes too like the one where we see Cash collapse on stage from a drug overdose. I thought this scene was handled brilliantly.

The performances from the two lead actors Joaquin Phoenix and Reece Witherspoon are two of the best performances that I've seen. Joaquin Phoenix gives Johnny Cash a ruggish charm and makes him someone to relate to and to gain some kind of inspiration from. I felt he should have won the Oscar for his magnificent portrayal. Whereas Reece Witherspoon did win the Oscar for her tremendous and scintillating performance as June Carter. She is utterly believable in the part. Her part had Oscar written all over it.

All the singing throughout the film were by Joaquin Phoenix and Reece Witherspoon. They spent six months rehearsing and getting their voices right and to be honest I thought they sounded damn good! In my view, this film is possibly one of the best biopics of the modern age. A definite must see.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a story about redemption, July 1 2006
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I have always enjoyed both Johnny and June. However, I was not too interested in their lives. In addition, I have to admit that this film was a bit depressing at first. It reminded me too much of Steinbeck. I started to question my purchase when before I could finish the thought, I was sucked into their life and this movie. This adds a new perspective on the classic songs. We see that they were just people and subject to personalities and environments as we, all are.

You will find these songs going through your head days after viewing this movie. Note at the ending credits the real thing as the real duo sings "Long Legged Guitar Pickin' Man"

5.0 out of 5 stars awesoe cd of I Walk the Line, Aug. 4 2014
love it

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll never regret it!, Feb. 28 2012
Donald Massicotte "Fan de Ludlum." (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Line (DVD)
I wonder why I waited so long! Amazon is the only place with such a variety and the speed They fill your order!

NEW Walk The Line (DVD)