‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars "Thunderbolt from Hell shattering aloud", July 15 2004
mwreview "mwreview" (Northern California, USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Screaming For Vengeance (Audio CD)
After much pondering, I've decided that Screaming for Vengeance is my favorite Judas Priest album-edging out Stained Class, Defenders of the Faith, and British Steel. This 1982 release is one of their most solid albums and the best tracks on this album are also THE best Priest tracks of all time.
"Hellion/Electric Eye" (the first track being a short instrumental introduction to the second) is classic Priest. "Electric Eye" is my all-time favorite Judas Priest song! The haunting lyrics, the verses that build up to the chorus, the killer guitar solos; I can't write enough about it! "Riding on the Wind" is a catchy rocker. It begins with a furious drum intro by Dave Holland (now in prison for a sexual assault conviction). It bugs me a little because parts of it sound like another Priest song but I can never figure out which. Maybe "Heading Out to the Highway." Still, it is one of the better tracks on Screaming. "Bloodstone" is awesome! It is another favorite of mine. It is a driving rocker and the guitar riffs are unbelievable! "(Take These) Chains" (written by R. Halligan Jr.) is a slower, catchy track. I'm sure a lot of fans find themselves singing the chorus. The line "Take them off of my heart" I've always thought was a little sappy but I like Halford's vocals in the line "I can't sleep at night." "Pain and Pleasure" is a monster track. I don't like it quite as well as the others, but a below average song off Screaming is better than most average tracks elsewhere.
The title track is the most furious song Judas Priest has ever done before or since. It kicks so much butt, words cannot do it justice. The fast and screeching "Freewheel Burning" off Defenders of the Faith has nothing on this track! "You've Got Another Thing Coming" is classic Priest. Next to "Living After Midnight," it is probably their most played single. Unlike "Living...," it is not commercial rock 'n roll, but powerful metal. "Fever" is an interesting track. It is slow in parts and then rocks. It has a beauty to it and is very catchy with excellent guitar at the bridge. "Devil's Child" is another rocker with killer, screeching vocals at the bridge. As for the bonus track "Prisoner of Your Eyes," I have a 1988 article from Blast! magazine that states that Glenn Tipton called the ballad one of the best songs Priest has ever done. "Devil's Child" as the live track is a bit disappointing as it is not nearly the best song off Screaming and it plays so close to the studio version. Still, with or without the bonus tracks, Screaming for Vengeance is awesome (it also sports the best Priest album cover). If you own only one Judas Priest album; this should be the one!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Thunderbolt from Hell shattering aloud", July 15 2004
mwreview "mwreview" (Northern California, USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Screaming for Vengeance (Audio CD)
The title track is the most furious song Judas Priest has ever done before or since. It kicks so much butt, words cannot do it justice. The fast and screeching "Freewheel Burning" off Defenders of the Faith has nothing on this track! "You've Got Another Thing Coming" is classic Priest. Next to "Living After Midnight," it is probably their most played single. Unlike "Living...," it is not commercial rock 'n roll, but powerful metal. "Fever" is an interesting track. It is slow in parts and then rocks. It has a beauty to it and is very catchy with excellent guitar at the bridge. "Devil's Child" is another rocker with killer, screeching vocals at the bridge. Screaming for Vengeance is awesome (it also sports the best Priest album cover). If you own only one Judas Priest album, this should be the one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome album, Jan. 27 2004
Lee Jackson "leejandsue" (Vol Country) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Screaming For Vengeance (Audio CD)
Rock on! Ain't no room for second best, you gotta another thing comin'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Screaming for Vengeance, Feb. 15 2009
Ce commentaire est de: Screaming For Vengeance (Audio CD)
My all-time, favourite, Judas Priest release, featuring the scorching title track, where iron lungs Halford proves that he can hold a note, the spine-tingling, Hellion-Electric Eye, and the wide range of Devil's Child, you can literally feel the power and electricity, when you insert this into your CD player. A must for fans of Judas Priest, and Metal fans in general!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best metal cd's ever...., Nov. 13 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Screaming For Vengeance (Audio CD)
Actually this is only Judas Priest cd I have, but i'm plannig to buy at least British Steel and Painkiller.
Screaming for Vengeance is a great record due mostly to the amazing guitars and of course the blistering voice of Rob Halford.
Even if you don't like too much the high pitched voice of Brian Johnson(AC/DC), I bet you'll like this voice because it has many variatoins and even when he sing hi-pitched it doesn't get annoying.
Now to the songs:
The Hellion/Electric Eye: I think that this is one of the best metal songs ever. It has incredible guitars and excellent vocals.
Don't you think he sounds a bit like ozzy when he says: "You think you've private lives Think nothing of the kind"?
Riding On The Wind: It doesn't sound too good at first listening but I bet it will grow on you.
Bloodstone: This is quite good. Especially this part: "How much longer will it take
For the world to see
We should learn to live
And simply let it be" And another tnihg: in the first verses he sounds a lttle bit like Axl Rose.
(Take These) Chains: One of the best! This mid-ballad is completely amazing. I like especially this part:
"I don't owe you anything
Why don't you get out of my life
Through it all the memories cling
And I can't sleep at night"
Pain And Pleasure: Many people dislike it but i don't think this is a filler at all. It is a great slow-burner.
"you bring me PAIN but you give me pleausure"
I lke especially when he says "Don't know what I like"
Screaming For Vengeance: Awesome! it's very fast and catchy.
I bet you'll sing it in the shower, I know I do, i even imitate his powerful scream. Try to sing the chorus:
"We are screaming for vengeance
The world is a manacled place!
Screaming, screaming for vengeance
The world is defiled in disgrace"
You've Got Another Thing Comin': Although it was the single it's not the best. It's good, simply not great. I like the begginig and this bit:
"Out there is a fortune waitin' to be had
You think I'll let it go you're mad"
Fever: when i saw the title i thought it was a song by Boney M(they do have one called like that)or something, but actually it's quite envolving.
Devil's Child: Could been better, but good. I like especially this bit:
"You took my heart
And left it blown to smithereens
I gave my body as a slave
You cut my flesh
And drank my blood that poured in streams
I'm left here broken and ashamed"
The Remasters Bonus Tracks:
Prisoner Of Your Eyes: Excellent! Amazing ! One of the best. Great and long solo(like I like it),great vocals and guitars. This song has everything.
"Love is blind
And love deceives you
You came along and captured me
Now I'm a prisoner of your eyes
Trapped in time
I cannot leave you
I'm just a prisoner of your eyes"
Devil's Child (live): I said it all up there except that this could have been a live version of Screaming for Vengeance or (Take These) Chains.
Nevertheless, it's a good live offering.
For what I know Judas Priest are a really great band and you know what?
THE PRIEST IS BACK!
I can't wait for the new cd...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good CD, April 21 2004
Offensive Donkey (Stupidsville, USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Screaming For Vengeance (Audio CD)
I'm gonna give u a little rundown on this album here. Okay?

The Hellion/Electric Eye: Very good opener for a bombastic album like this. Love the Electric Eye riff.
Riding On The Wind: Very cool song. Great to drive to.
Bloodstone: Not the best song on the album. Nothing to go nuts over
(Take These) Chains: Kinda commercial, but very good nontheless.
Pain And Pleasure: Wonderful, catchy chorus amid cool riffin'.
Screaming For Vengeance: A very heavy, speedy song. Definitely a metal classic.
Youv'e Got Another Thing Comin': The most famous Priest song. A wonderful metallic groove.
Fever: The very definition of melodic metal. Cool chorus and dazzling lyrics.
Devil's Child: Kinda commercial, but exremely good.
Prisoner Of Your Eyes: Another dazzling melodic song. One of the best bonus tracks ever to be put on an album.
Overall, this is a great album. A little commericial at times, but nonetheless great. Go and buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not As Great As Defenders Of The Faith, April 13 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Screaming For Vengeance (Audio CD)
Screaming For Vengance is Judas Priest's biggest selling album in the U.S., and everyone can see why.
From the metal epics such as "The Hellion/Electric Eye", Title track, "Riding On The wind", to the hard rockers "You've Got Another Thing Coming", and "Devil's Child" this album delivers.
The only thing that makes this album not as good as Defenders Of The Faith is the weak song Pain And Pleasure, which kinda sounds like a left over from the Point Of Entry Sessions
All in all, it's a good album

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Judas album, Oct. 1 2003
"mikoyan27" (Moscow, Russia) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Screaming For Vengeance (Audio CD)
In my opinion, this is the best Judas album! Although Judas isn't a very good metal band they still produced some good sounding songs, most of which are on this album. Chains and Electric Eye are my favourites from this album.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Screaming For Vengeance
Screaming For Vengeance by Judas Priest (Audio CD - 2001)
Click for more info