5.0 out of 5 stars 75 minutes of meditative music
The cello is almost always the instrument I turn to for relaxation. It meditates upon a deeper, slower spectrum of emotion than say, a harp or violin.
Published on Dec 13 2001 by E. A. Lovitt

3.0 out of 5 stars cello for your soul
The reason I have rated this dvd as satisfactory is that I had expected to listen to pure cello rather than cello accompanying other music instruments. I think it is a good idea to change the title of this dvd, because it not all about cello. I do not mind this dvd, but I'm not crazy about it!
Published on Jan. 5 2010 by hoomy

5.0 out of 5 stars 75 minutes of meditative music, Dec 13 2001
E. A. Lovitt "starmoth" (Gladwin, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Cello For Relaxation Featuring Steven Isserlis, Ofra Harnoy & Janos Starker (Audio CD)
I put this CD to the ultimate test and took it to the hospital with me, to see if its music could counteract the threat and ultimate deployment of needles---and it was indeed much less painful to be poked while in a state of relaxation, as induced by these (mainly 19th century) compositions.
My two favorite selections from "Cello for Relaxation" are Camille Saint-Saëns' "The Swan" from "Carnival of the Animals," and John Tavener's "Chant," which is an unaccompanied melody, "without barlines or meter, shaped as a palindrome." Steven Isserles performs as the cello soloist for both of these compositions.
In my continuing search for relaxation music, this CD now rates as number one. Its music was selected with a sensitivity to dynamics, and beautiful, adagio playing. Its musicality is superb and unobtrusively displayed, and allows the listener to meditate, or relax into much-needed sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday Cello, March 22 2004
ALWA (Orlando, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this CD solely based on the fact that I love the cello. I do not pretend to know classical music - I buy what I like to hear, and this CD exceeded my expectations. It is such a pleasure to listen to this disk; it is soothing and every track is worth it!

3.0 out of 5 stars cello for your soul, Jan. 5 2010
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)

4.0 out of 5 stars HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, June 2 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Repertoire chosen wisely;
Very good interpretations of famous music pieces;
As the title says - relaxation, but not an "elevator" music...

Cello For Relaxation Featuring Steven Isserlis, Ofra Harnoy & Janos Starker