5.0 out of 5 stars REVIEW FROM A 9 YEAR OLD BOY
I love this game because I was a little boy and I was good at it. It was fun!
Published on March 21 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Am I getting old?
Published on Aug. 29 2007 by Honest J

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars REVIEW FROM A 9 YEAR OLD BOY, March 21 2010
A Kid's Review
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (CD-ROM)
I love this game because I was a little boy and I was good at it. It was fun!

3.0 out of 5 stars Am I getting old?, Aug. 29 2007
Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (CD-ROM)
I'm 33 and I've played my a** on PC games ever since I was born. Played the Quakes, the Unreals, the Calls of Duty, the Far Cries, etc. Also a lot of RPGs and RTS. I got Jedi Outcast recently and decided, I'll give it a go. I really wanted to like this game. After getting to the half of it, and suffering from episodic moments of simulation sickness, I uninstalled it.
Seems like it was AGAIN a first-person shooter with different weapons, in which you're AGAIN a mouse in a big ol' labyrinth. There is no wandering around, only killing bad guys as I've done it WAY many times before, jumping, puzzles, etc. I would just kill myself if I had to solve another puzzle. Spending 10 or more minutes to figure out how to get to the next part of the level is just plain boring. The lightsaber is cool but this is not a cool way to entertain yourself.
If you really want a Star Wars fix, then I really recommend getting any of the SW: Battlefront. Way cooler, more exciting, plays different EVERY SINGLE TIME, and you are not stuck in this awful routine.
By the way, I'm currently playing GT Legends, GTR2, Worms World Party, Supreme Commander, and making movies with ... The Movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars SWJK2JO, June 19 2005
This review is from: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (CD-ROM)
This game is amazing, it awseme!!!!. The weapons are fun to use, and the lightsaber duels are the best. The multiplayer is good, with capture the flag being my favourite. this is the best game in the history of games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Master Dodich

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game!, June 19 2004
This review is from: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (CD-ROM)
Jedi Knight:Jedi Outcast was really a fun game to play. I picked it up from the library and enjoyed playing it for the two weeks I had it. It was much better than Jedi Knight:Dark Forces 2; you get lots of cool weapons and the graphics are great. In this game Kyle Katarn is trying to stop fallen Jedi Desann who has found the Valley of the Jedi and is trying to empower others with the Force.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jedi Outcast Jedi Knight II, May 3 2004
This review is from: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (CD-ROM)
Jedi Outcast great game for the PC Developed by Raven Software who made ''Star Trek Elite Force'' and publshed by LucasArts, Jedi Outcast is one of the best Star Wars games I've played in a while. It has elements from the original movies that make it great: Stormtroopers, lightsabers, the force and most important it's very entertaining. It's the sequel to ''Jedi Knight'' which I only played briefly and deals with Kyle Katarn, a former Jedi Knight called back into action to fight the Evil Side of the force. Seeing as I got this game at a fraction of what the console versions cost, I was not disappointed with Jedi Outcast at all
Graphics 9: The graphics in this game are top-notch, some critics complained that it wasn't good enough but in my epinion they are. Raven software has developed amazing 3d world and levels and characters that are incredibly realistic. Most of the 3d polygon created character move along with no trouble whatesover and the fact that they used ''Quake 3 Engine'' in this game basically made everything from textures to lightning effects that much smoother. To top it off ''Raven Software'' added several good cutscenes and animations to different action sequences (such as the different ways you can literally kill your enemy from lightsaber to using the Force).
Sound 9: Sound too was awesome. You start the game with the familiar Star Wars theme opening and from there are treated to fairly well made soundtracks through the game. The characters themselves are not dumb and speechless either. Almost everyone you encounter through Stormtroopers through your partner Jan-Ors talks using digitized voicing and many of them will come with different phrases and punchlines in different scenarios. Challenge and Gameplay 8: Well here is another area where the game shines.
The Gameplay is simple, however, one big complaint I had was using the keyboard and mouse to play through the game. The mouse and keyboard with PC Games is becoming almost obselete with games being calibrated and programming for Pc joysticks and Gamepads so why couldn't Jedi Outcast have been already programmed with this in mind I'll never know. Luckily though I believe you can play with the Gamepad and joystick provided your Joystick is compatible, so my advice is try it and see it. (I have 2 pc Gamepads, just in case if one doesn't work , the other one will). Back to the controls they are simple, and when are you making a huge game like this you better have great controls. Using the arrow keys and keys on the keyboard (or the mouse), you can manuvuer Kyle with ease and switch between different weapons easily. Also you have special keys (depending on how you have the keyboard configured, on mine it's E and Control Key) to open doors, use items and etc. You can adjust all the controls in the main menu.
You have really 2 main weapons here: The Force and Lightsaber. Just like in the movies, you can slice and dice enemies at will and you can even deflect enemy fire which is really cool (This has programmed into many Star Wars games already but it's cool that programmers had the brains to keep it in). So you can use both these weapons and destroy the Evil Empire to your hearts content.
Multiplayer 7: Jedi Outcast has a significant number of Multiplayer options that will keep fans of the game interested long after they beat the game. They are multiple modes of play and matches that you can play with people over the internet or against a friend. Artificial Intelligence 7: The AI for Jedi Outcast is pretty good. Enemy stormtroopers and Sith troopers seem dumb and force, but attacking in packs, they will give you a beating, and many of them are smart enough to duck and pick their spots in order to get to you. So the AI is not the horribly done garbage where you can basically kill the computer without a fight, no it's great here.
Replay Value 9: As so you can see there is enough going on Jedi Outcast to keep you playing for a long, long time. besides the single player missions, you have the Multiplayer levels which can be very fun.
PC Requirements: Depending on what machine you have, this are the minimum requirements to play the game (at least on my machine): *400-500 mhz processor *DirectX *A good 3d Graphics card *500-900 megabytes of Hard Drive space Both LucasArts and Raven Software have done a great job here. Lucky for George Lucas and company that if the Star Wars movies aren't as good as fans hope at least the games, rise up to everyone's expectations.
Happy Gaming!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The PC game of the games!, April 15 2004
This review is from: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (CD-ROM)
This is one of the coolest games I have had! First you play as Kyle Katarn without a lightsaber and in the "Yavin_Trial" level you get a lightsaber! You fight stormtroopers, imperials, turrets, sentrys, probes, crabs, Weequays, Rodians, Grans, Reborns, Tavion, shadowtroopers, Galak and the hardest to beat, Desann! The maps where you go are Kejim_post, Kejim_base, Artus_mine, Artus_detention, Artus_topside, Valley, Yavin_temple, yavin_trial, Ns_streets, Ns_hideout, Ns_Starpad, Bespin_undercity, Bespin_streets, Bespin_platform, Cairn_bay, Cairn_assembly, Cairn_reactor, Cairn_dock1, Doom_detention, Doom_shields, Yavin_swamp, Yavin_canyon, Yavin_courtyard and Yavin_final. Desann is the most powerful enemy in the game that you will never get to grip him. Well Galak in his forcefield armor is a little hard to beat like Desann, you can't grip them.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, Dec 16 2003
This review is from: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (CD-ROM)
This game rocks out loud. Sure it's a little old but who could hate slashing storm troopers in half. It's way better than jedi academy, trust me. It only costs 20 bucks i mean come on. You can use force powers, a lightsabre, and a arsenal of weapons like bazookas. THIS GAME RULES, THE BEST STAR WARS GAME EVAR!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Naturally Fantastic, Dec 13 2003
G. Jagannath "GJJ" (Boston, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (CD-ROM)
Lucasarts produces only fantastic games. Try Jedi Academy and Knights of Old Republic.
My only issue with this one is the lack of combo moves you can do, and the difficulty of dispatching enemy jedi.
Do play this game. Its worth it, and does justice to the Old Jedi Knight II with Kyle Kataryn and Jerec.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, Dec 2 2003
This review is from: Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (CD-ROM)
Do not bleieve that review that says it should be "Switch Flicker." This is the best Star Wars game I have ever gotten. You should definetly buy this game

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!, Dec 2 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast by Lucas Arts Entertainment (Windows 2000 / 95 / 98 / Me / NT / XP)
CDN$ 52.99 CDN$ 19.51