5.0 out of 5 stars Best coffee I've ever had, June 17 2003
Stefohnee "stef" (Redmond, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Chambord Coffee Press (Kitchen)
I previously owned a (much) smaller version of this press, which made an excellent cup of coffee. But that was the problem. It only made a CUP of coffee. I usually have two, and what if others want coffee? It takes a while, going one cup at a time.
Needless to say, I upgraded to this larger press, which makes about 3 times more coffee. It makes the best coffee ever - I could never go back to a junky old drip coffee maker after this. Yeah, it's more work than a drip coffee maker, but really, would you rather have quick, easy coffee that tastes bad, or a delicious cup of coffee that takes 5 minutes more?
Using this is like steeping tea - you boil some water, grind some coffee beans (I hope you're grinding your own coffee beans!) and pour the water over the coffee grounds to let them steep for 4 minutes. Then you push the knob down, which filters delicious coffee into the water and leaves the grounds at the bottom of your pot. Then, voila! You've got about 3 cups of yummy coffee, depending on to what extent you water your cup down with cream and sugar.
If you're one of those people who just CAN'T WAIT for their coffee, you'd be better off getting a typical drip coffee maker. But if you love coffee, and want it to taste as good as it possibly can, you have to buy this press.

5.0 out of 5 stars great coffee maker, Sept. 30 2012
This review is from: Bodum Chambord Coffee Press (Kitchen)
I bought this for my mother in law and she loves it. makes a great coffee everytime and it looks very sleek in her kitchen

5.0 out of 5 stars The brand name stands for quality, Aug. 1 2012
This review is from: Bodum Chambord Coffee Press (Kitchen)
I have been using Bodum since late 1990's and the quality is superb. I left my Bodum Coffee Press to my sister when I moved here to Canada. I checked around and found that it's cheaper here at Amazon.ca than in local stores. The delivery was on schedule. The product is just great. You can feel when you hold it that it's of high quality. Since I purchased a larger Bodum coffee press, me & may husband can enjoy brewed coffee. Some have concerns that it does not really measure 8 cups, well it does and you better check your volume conversion (not to make it sound technical). The ad said 8 cups not 8 MUGS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great press, July 5 2012
This review is from: Bodum Chambord Coffee Press (Kitchen)
love this press... Bought originally for the RV but now have one at my house... Perfect size for two people! High quality design... Easy to use...and Fantastic coffee!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with new Bodum, June 24 2012
Linda Chirico (Whycocomagh, Nova Scotia Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Chambord Coffee Press (Kitchen)
This Bodum is well-made, easy to use, and makes a good cup of coffee. The size is right for two mugs, or four small cups of coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee!, Nov. 26 2013
This review is from: Bodum Chambord Coffee Press (Kitchen)
I do think the French press makes the best coffee. it does take a little longer, but it is always worth the wait. This size is good for one or two people, but if you have more to serve, get a bigger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great home made coffee, June 16 2013
This review is from: Bodum Chambord Coffee Press (Kitchen)
We have tried dripped coffee and the coffee made in the press is far superior. It involves a little more effort but the result is well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 4 2013
This review is from: Bodum Chambord Coffee Press (Kitchen)
Bodum Chambord is a great french press. Easy to clean, easy to use. And the coffee tastes great. Thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars The best tasting coffee!, April 10 2013
This review is from: Bodum Chambord Coffee Press (Kitchen)
Coffee presses make excellent coffee - better than a drip style maker. They are also quite economical on the amount of coffee they use per cup. I have owned this model for several years. They are well made, my only complaint is that the glass container breaks quite easily. This is my preferred model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Specialty Coffee House Brew at Home, April 1 2013
This review is from: Bodum Chambord Coffee Press (Kitchen)
I had a Bodum many years ago (before the internet) but it broke and I didn't have access to replacement parts. Having a bodum coffee in a fresh food restaurant that was over the top exceptional, I decided it was time for a replacement. I love my new bodum. The process takes that bitter after note out of the coffee leaving a smooth, delicious finish. I only wish it could hold more coffee. That fine nutty flavour leaves me wanting more!

ARRAY(0xaa91c6e4)