Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Audio CDChange

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(1 star).Show all reviews
on August 14, 2001
I love almost every genre of music, but only when it sounds good. I don't have hate for the direction Crystal Method went in, I just don't like it. Songs hit the radio or the parties or my deck when they sound good. This cd isn't even worth listening to, it has no actual progression to keep you listening. I love a cd that keeps you wanting more like the euphoria collection or spirit zone. Tweekend sounds like an over produced jumble of music with no melody. Tweekend cannot be labeled as a certain type of music, but it's not at the breaking edge of anything. I guess the only way to enjoy it would be if there was no other music and that's all there was. This isn't what I anticipated, and if you can't tell every one either hates it or loves it(definitely not mainstream like Vegas)!
on August 6, 2001
Lets get this straight: THIS ALBUM IS AWFUL. I would give it 0 stars if it was possible. Why, you ask? Heres why: On this cd it seems that Ken and Scott have said "Hey! Apparently, formulaic song-writing is the way to go! Hand me those funky beats and voice samples, we've got an album to make!". And damn, thats exactly what they did on this album. Predictable songs that arent even backed up by nice sounds. This is one of the worst sell-out attempts I've heard yet. Another reviewer really hit the nail on the head calling this "Crystal Bizkit". It's an album that tries to win you over by showing how "hardcore" it is. The hard songs are ridiculously cliched and weak and the easier songs are boring as hell. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ALBUM.
on September 16, 2001
Bland, cheesy 'electronica' from a pair of Chemical Brothers wannabes. To be fair, some of the tracks here show signs of inprovement from 'Vegas' but overall they blend into one big nothing. The sounds and beats on this album are all so played out and there really isn't much to to set the tracks on this album apart from each other. Its a case of 'the hip-hoppy one','The one with the funky guitar lick','The one with the washed up rock vocalist'...In the end it just all seems so contrived and generic. Check out 'It came from Africa' the Chems are so far ahead of the game that It's laughable.These guys have been riding their tails for the last 5 years. Why must we be so behind the times in this country????????
Give it up fellas, It's geting stale.
on November 26, 2001
Am I the only one who didn't like this album? Compared to the first this one sounds uninspired and unoriginal. I can't tell one track from the next, they mainly consist of repeating synth/drum tracks and a few scattered, mostly unintelligable lyrics. Don't get me wrong, I loved Vegas, one of the best CD's I have. But Tweekend came up far short in my expectations. Save yourself some cash, listen to a friend's copy or just pass on this one. I sure hope their next release will be better.
on September 23, 2001
TCM was recommended to me several times, so I got this album. I really don't like it too much. It just isn't fun to listen to - gives me a headache. And I agree with the other reviewers that the bad language really isn't necessary. I think that TCM has spent a little too much time in a garage studio, and not enough time interacting with humanity. This music just does not connect with this human.
on July 26, 2002
This is an awful album. It is sad that a bad such as this is even mentioned in the same sentence as orbital and the chemical brothers. Not only do all the songs sound the same, they blatently copy sounds pioneered by the bands above 6 years ago! Do yourself a favour. Buy the single to Name of the Game and Dig you re own hole buy the Chemical Brothers and enjoy!
on July 31, 2001
Perhaps it was money that drove this "album" to be released. Whatever the reason was this once huge group has now joined the ranks of highly mediocre electronica. With sounds and beats that any ape with a computer mixing program could throw together, Tweakend is yet another lost cause in the search for good techno.
on August 9, 2001
I was so excited about a new CD from Crystal Method. I loved Vegas, and I still do. Don't expect anything like that from this CD however. It's ok, but not what I expected from Crystal Method. I guess its just hard to keep momentum like that going. Not worth buying, but I suppose worth downloading.
on March 17, 2003
I loved Vegas. With this album they abandon techno and try some leaden rock beats. I guess they want to be The Chemical Brothers.
Listen to "Name of the Game" before you think about buying it.
Even the cover is ugly. It looks like a Supertramp album (Crisis, What Crisis?)
on April 19, 2004
This is by far the worst Crystal Method CD of all time.
It is uninspired, unintelligent, and over all an hour of time that you'll want back. In short, it sucks... go buy Vegas or Legion of Boom instead.