5.0 out of 5 stars Ace of Spades = Amazingly raw, unforgiving, dirty music, Jan. 23 2014
This review is from: Ace Of Spades (Audio CD)
This album deserves a 5 simply because it is 15 songs of unrelenting, raw, gritty, dirty, old school heavy metal/rock n roll. From the start of the first song to the last, it is a masterpiece of a metal album with gruff vocals, heavy guitar work and intricate drumming. Recommended to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold., April 20 2013
This review is from: Ace of Spades (Vinyl) (LP Record)
Lemmy and his crew... nothing else needs to be said. Must have album for any metalhead, especially on LP format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Metal, June 23 2005
This review is from: Ace Of Spades (Audio CD)
Wow.....More quality from Motorhead. You haven't heard Rock until you've heard this. How do they do it? Avril isn't punk, she's pop. Ihave to get this for all of my band. Motorhead are up top, along with Led Zeppelin and The Ramones. It's a shame that Motorhead are disbanded....I am a young viewer and happened upon Motorhead by chance. A major point in my life,as all 'head fans will know. The moment my CD player got to The Ace Of Spades i was hooked. I can class myself a fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Metal forever!, July 3 2004
Offensive Donkey (Your Old Lady's Doorstep) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ace Of Spades (Audio CD)
This is a no-nonsense metal album from a no-nonsense metal band. They just want to make gritty, uncommercial, obnoxious heavy metal that will live through the ages as one of THE metal albums. My favorite song on the album is probably the hard driving title track, or maybe 'Love Me Like A Reptile'. This is one of my favorite heavy metal albums of all time. Take it from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, June 7 2004
B-R-Mike M. (Old Lyme, CT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ace Of Spades (Audio CD)
Despite the fact that I don't like Iron Maiden or Judas Priest, I love Motorhead. They give a speed and power that isn't heard in any of the other music. Bassist Lemmy has a talent like no other before or after him. The speed of songs like "Ace of Spades" combine gritty rock n roll with punk and thrash to make a completely enjoyable experience. The guitars are a great pressence on this album. The drums fly with a speed and hit with perfect timing that is mindblowing to most drummers. Lemmy's voice gives a bassy and gutter sound comparable with Metallica and other metal bands.
I suggest this album to any metal fan who does not own it. I also suggest it to punks who would like to open their mind to other types of music. It helped me and I listen to metal like a second language. This album is amazing and not many other albums compare.

5.0 out of 5 stars "CLASSIC", May 28 2004
M. BARRIOS "barriome" (LOS ANGELES, CA. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ace Of Spades (Audio CD)
A must have for true Metal fans! Your collection just isn't complete without "Ace of Spades". You'll also have to include "Bomber", "Overkill","Iron Fist" and "No Sleep Till Hammersmith". This is some of the best Metal ever recorded! I personally like the 70's and 80's Motorhead stuff more than their later releases but as a true fan, I can't say anything bad about Lemmy and Co. Buy this and the afore mentioned. You won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A gritty, no nonsense approach to Metal., June 12 2003
"bay_area_thrasher" (the middle of the pit) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ace Of Spades (Audio CD)
I first heard of Motorhead through Metallica. I suddenly realized one day that I'd gone a long time listening to Motorhead with zero albums by them in my possession, so I decided to check this one out (seeing how it's their most well known album). This is a balls up, testosterone driven, fun, witty album. I particularily like the sharp, clever lyrics courtesy of Lemmy & co. The riffs that while sounding rock n' roll influenced still sound metalish enough for me. The vocals of Lemmy are also tight. My favorite songs on this classic are "Fast and loose", "(We are) The road crew", "Jailbait", "The hammer", and "Dirty love". Fans of classic metal should most certainly give this this band (and this album) a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars 70's Hard Rockers, April 14 2003
This review is from: Ace Of Spades (Audio CD)
Motörhead's best album! The tracks "Ace of Spades", "We Are the Road Crew", "The Chase is Better than Catch" really rule the world. Songs about gambling, women, shooting, like in western movies.
This is defintely a classic album. As it's said if you have bands like Testament, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Slayer and Motörhead in your CD collection, you are a real heavy metallist. So what you are waiting for? This is their best album ever.
They are hard, they're coming for you! Brothers and sisters, the battle is still raging!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only heavy metal album I ever owned!, March 30 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Ace Of Spades (Audio CD)
A classic - I think Ciaran, my best mate back home, summed them up when we used to see Lemmy (bass playing/vocalist/frontman) at some other show. "'Ere - buy us a pint," was his standard refrain, even to strangers like us! The only difference between Lemmy & his boys & the punk bands were the length of their hair - both lots wore black jeans, black leather jackets, took speed, drank like fish & played similar music - loud, fast & with little sublety! They used to play on a fair number of punk shows in those days, along with the better London reggae bands of the time.
Don't know what happened to Lemmy & his lads (he was really the only constant), but there is no doubt - this is their best - not subtle but fast, loud and great to be drinking to.
I recommend highly!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't do without this one, Jan. 31 2003
L. B. Ivarsson (Rock City) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ace Of Spades (Audio CD)
"Ace Of Spades" must be regarded as a true classic in the line of hard rock. The album was released in 1980, over 20 years ago, and have a blend of heavy metal and punk rock with an obvious rock 'n' roll inspiration. The opening title track is Motorhead's most well known song ever and it points out the direction of what's to follow. At the time this album was released it was probably the heaviest, fastest and loudest you could find, but shortly after we got bands like Venom and Metallica among others, and with hindsight "Ace Of Spades" is a rather melodic effort from the three piece band.
You don't have to be a hard core fan of heavy metal to appreciate this one. In fact this is a record that should be included in any music lover's collection, it can be regarded as a document of the inspiration and development of hard rock as a genre. "Ace Of Spades" is a very important album, and together with "Overkill" it is Motorhead's finest.

ARRAY(0xb1d0e0cc)

Ace Of Spades
Ace Of Spades by Motorhead (Audio CD - 2010)