march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis sports Tools Music Deals Store Family

on February 16, 2003
I'm a big Christmas Music fan - I've got over 20 CDs, which is a lot for just one month's worth a listening a year. This CD is a great start for any collection.
It's got all the classic recordings by the quintessential artists. You won't find Britney Spears doing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer - it's Gene Autry, thank you very much.
If you just want something to put on after Thanksgiving or while you're wrapping presents, this is a good choice. It'll get you in the Christmas mood.
on November 11, 2003
I have the original Time Life Treasury of Christmas Set. Same Cover ect. Unfortunately I scratched Disc B and wanted to replace it. The original set had 22 songs on disc A and 23 on disc B. All great classics. Now Time-Life is trying to sell half the music for twice the price. Forget it. What's here just isn't worth the money.
on January 18, 2016
I bought the Time-Life Treasury of Christmas , cassettes 2 of them, everytime 1st of December in the mid 1970,s snow was coming and started cooking for the Holidays, Christmas and New Years, to be in the mood I would play my Time-Life Treasury of Christmas, and I still play them now, there are still very good, I bought myself a new cd/cassette player, so I could play them again and again, every winter around the holidays, but now I will buy the cd's. Thank You Time-Life.
on December 13, 2002
This album has a great mix of favorite Christmas songs that no home should be without. All tracks have superb top-quality sound and are sung by the artists who made them famous. It really does get me in the holiday spirit!
on December 9, 2002
The original Time-Life recording is superior. This version is not bad, though. Most of the songs are good selections.
They could have left off the songs by Alabama and Connie Francis and had a better all around album.
on November 8, 2014
So happy I was able to find this cd. My mother had the original when I was young and I have loved listening to it since I was my daughters age. Want to keep the tradition going.
on June 19, 2002
... this version of the 2-CD "Time-Life Treasury of Christmas" (which contains only 24 songs) is, by far, NOT the 2-CD version sold on television by Time-Life Music (which, in turn, contains 45 songs). Of these 45 songs on the second set, only 7 are featured on the first set, namely: "Home for the Holidays" by Perry Como; "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby; "Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer" by Gene Autry; "The Twelve Days of Christmas" by Roger Whittaker; "Mary's Boy Child" by Harry Belafonte; "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee; and "The Little Drummer Boy" by the Harry Simeone Chorale. That's it.
If you want to know the other 38 songs featured in the "As Shown on TV" version of "The Time-Life Treasury of Christmas", I recommend you log on to ... for a complete listing of songs. Only then, depending on the songs and artists you like most, can you make a wise decision on which specific 2-CD set you will want to purchase.
on February 26, 2015
REALLY ENJOYED THE MUSIC ON THIS CD AND THE ORCHESTRATION.
on December 2, 2002
The reviews were very helpful to me because I own the two cd set from TV and wanted to order it for relatives. This CD set from TV is the only secular Christmas CD that you need....it has all of the great songs by the great artists. However, this set listed for sale here is missing about half of the songs. Order the TV set.
on December 7, 2003
The music itself is fantastic but as the other reviewers have mentioned, the songs could have all fit into one CD. I have the original 2-CD set from TV, but frequent use took its toll so I bought this one. I listen to this copy often as well, but am a bit slighted by the undisguised attempt to charge more for less.