countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Audio CD|Change

CONTENT:

“Nancy Wilson Christmas”, released by Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild (MCG Jazz) label in 2001, contains 13 songs. I have compiled a detailed song listing (including album label & number, year of release):

LP “NANCY WILSON CHRISTMAS” (MCG Jazz 1008)(2001):
01 Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!*with Dizzy Gillespie Alumni All Star Big Band
02 Sweet Little Jesus Boy*with New York Voices
03 White Christmas
04 Silver Bells!*with Dizzy Gillespie Alumni All Star Big Band
05 What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve?*original single version first released in 1963
06 All Through The Night
11 Christmas Time Is Here
12 Angels We Have Heard On High
13 The Christmas Song

POSITIVE POINTS:

1 With the release of over 70 albums, I was slightly surprised to find that this set was the first complete Christmas album that Nancy Wilson has recorded – truly better late than never! She was surrounded by her friends like Dizzy Gillespie Alumni All Star Big Band, New York Voices, Marty Ashby on guitar, Jay Ashby as arranger, Herbie Mann on flute, just to name a few.
2 The sound is very well remastered. Nancy was in top form. All the instruments are clearly defined.
3 There is a fold-out 8 page booklet, with a personal essay by Nancy Wilson, plus an introduction to the charity work by MCG.

NEGATIVE POINT:

None

FINAL THOUGHTS:

As noted above, this set was the first Christmas CD by Nancy Wilson, her 52nd domestic release. The entire set is totally enjoyable, and is recommended to all Nancy Wilson fans.
on December 26, 2002
Nancy departed from the shackels of Sony records and what did she do first? She went into the studio of Telarc Jazz and produced one of the finest Christmas albums I've heard. The names of guests on this album reads almost like a who's who in the world of jazz and when you thought it wasn't to get better, she donates all the profits from this album to charity. Nancy is a class act and that class is evident on all the tracks contained here in. For me a stand out track is the Broadway inspired arrangement of "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow." Nancy sounds like she had a great time recording this album and the various arrangements ranging from Big Band to Trio all flow seamlessly. Nancy is a song stylist, her interpretations sometimes don't follow the standards set by other artists performing and producing traditional Christmas albums so do not expect mundane versions of these carols, they belong to Nancy.
on June 28, 2004
THIS WOMAN HAS AS SENSATIONAL VOICE,STRONG AND VERY SEXAUL.
I BELEIVE,NO I KNOW YOU WILL LOVE THIS.I'VE BEEN LISTINING
TO NANCY AT A VERY YOUNG AGE,NOW AT 46 I CAN REALLY APPRECIATE
HER VOICE AND TALENT.I TRUELY THINK EVERY ONE SHOULD LISTEN
TO THIS REMARKABLE WOMAN AS SHE BELLO OUT HER UNIQUE TONES.
MY ALL TIMES FAV (GUESS WHO I SAW TODAY)SINGSATIONAL,I
LOYAL FRIEND ALWAYS,RT
on December 17, 2002
I love this Cd, Nancy's vocal stylings and phrasings are so unique. The songs make me feel good and put me in a sophisticated mood. I recommned this Cd for all jazz enthusists. I will hate to store it away after Christmas. Add it to your Holiday collection and you will be glad you did.
on May 19, 2004
Leave it to Nancy to do a tasteful classy Christmas album. I'm jewish but I'm a big fan of Nancy's and this is the one Christmas album that I listen to.