5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Theft Auto 3 is the #1 Game of all time!
Published 3 months ago by Malcolm Fairweather

1.0 out of 5 stars Repetive and graphically unsound
This game is ground breaking. I will give you that. It is however very repetitive after awhile. You can only kill so many innocent people before it gets quite boring.
I am not sure why people rave about the graphics. They looked dated when this game came out, and look even worse now. The PC version is clearly better in this department.
Published on July 26 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand Theft Auto 3 is the #1 Game of all time!, Jan. 1 2014
Malcolm Fairweather (Toronto, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto III (Video Game)
This game was the best game of all time and was the first game of open world freedom and there is lots of missions to do or you can do whatever you want in the game which you never thought before you can do just don't do it in real life. I got this game because the game for tablets/phones and iPad the controls aren't that good compared to the system game. But when I got the game it didn't say Greatest hits on it - it was just the original game itself which I don't mind at all. I'm glad I purchased this game to have fun in it and enjoy the music in the game as well as to annoy the cops in the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand theft Auto 3, July 17 2003
Aaron Keitt (Orangeburg, South Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto III (Video Game)
the is prefect,it runs and look brand spanken new

1.0 out of 5 stars Repetive and graphically unsound, July 26 2002
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars The game that changed the world!, Feb. 2 2004
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto III (Video Game)
When "Grand Theft Auto 3" first debuted in October 2001, almost every American (including the world) were shaken up from the aftermath of 9/11. This game wasn't an instant hit; it slowly became a blockbuster after a huge word of mouth from gamers and especially from the news who argued that "GTA 3" was the most violent game ever. What they didn't know was that since they complained about it, more people listened to the hype and it became a video game icon.
It revolutionized the industry, it caused backlash from parents, made kids play it despite censors, and simply made video games fun again. I don't know how many hours I played this game, but it was alot!
Everybody knows that you play a criminal, who roams around Liberty City, steals cars, works for various gangs, beat and kill pedestrians, do many missions and make the police very mad! It just sounds great, doesn't it? There is also many weapons and cars to choose from. Liberty City is amazing to look at; every detail in the game is almost realistic. And the audio and music soundtrack is perfect.
Although "GTA: Vice City" was a better game overall, there's still a reason to play this "GTA 3". It was a radical new departure in video gaming, and no other game will make that such an impact ever again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Car sick, July 15 2002
FreeAtLast (Newington, CT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto III (Video Game)
The game save feature isn't working although I have two memory cards installed. The riding around is making me car sick.
This might be more fun for kids who don't yet have a license for the sense of cruising around that it DOES provide. But, for this 50 year old, it is pretty close to torture to play this game. I can appreciate the programming, but the game play isn't for me. Driving around doesn't cut it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Car sick, July 15 2002
FreeAtLast (Newington, CT USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars this game is addicting!, Nov. 4 2007
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto III (Video Game)
I used to play this game on my PS2 all the time. Sumtimes my friends would come over and watch me play, and even come over and play the game themselves!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait till San Andreas, Oct. 19, July 13 2004
Tobin Sparfeld (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto III (Video Game)
This is the classic Sony Playstation 2 video game. No other game is as much fun to pick up and play. Although I took some time off, I finally finished all the missions.
In this game, you play an ex-con who acts as a criminal free agent around the three-part town called Liberty City. As you work for rival crime bosses and gang leaders, you earn money by completing each mission.
The entertainment of the game is its sheer amount of freedom. If you are not ready to try to complete each mission, you are free to roam around the city at will, stealing cars, collecting hidden packages, even making money as a cab driver, firefighter, or "vigilante cop."
Although the graphics could be a little better and I hate the aiming system for some of the weapons, the game is ultimate fun. There is a reason that this game is so popular, despite its main criticism.
GTA3 has been derided continuously for its mature rating and questionable moral code. In the video game, your character increases his health by hiring prostitutes, and can get away with killing cops and innocent civilians. Because of this, GTA3 is NOT for kids to play. I'm always surprised to find too many young kids playing this game.
All that being said, GTA3 is not as horrible as it may sound. All of the characters you are required to kill are criminals (there is a one dirty cop or two) and lawless thugs. Crimes against innocent civilians could get you arrested. I don't think the game gives any impression that crime pays.
I strongly recommend GTA3 (as well as GTA: Vice City). It's a fun game, and has many side-missions and games which can keep you entertained for a LONG time.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Father of Vice City, all that needs to be said., July 11 2004
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto III (Video Game)
This game was revolutionary and broke ground that no video game had ever even tried. The missions are fun and challenging. There is unprecedented freedom to do whatever you want. Even the town is cool enough to want to explore. You get an ora, an ambiance that did not exist in video games before. One of the Greatest video games of all time by far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Grand theft Auto III..!! -Is great for my downtime..?, July 9 2004
Robert the Psychoman (Fontana California..) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grand Theft Auto III (Video Game)
This game was really spectactular. -I've have succesfully
completed all the mission's.. -It took me a decade.. -Ever
since this game came out. -I've first spotted it when a
friend loned me it. -Then my parents bought it.
So I loved the graphic's; -the violence..! -The cinema
looks realistic.. -The camera angles are great for the
movie mission's..! -I don't care about crusing around for
the city. -I've care about the dang pesky mission's..?
becuase two me; -driving around.. -Shooting at people
is kind of boring.. -Don't you think..! -Give the mission's
credit for making your joinment a breeze..
Rockstar games made this for you two play the missions
and then enjoy killing a lot of people and throwing
grenades or bombs; -blowing up the city.. -Something
like that.. -But the only thing that really suck's
about the game.. -Rockstar can't let you even blow up
the city's; -building's.. -That wooed of been a blast..?
All right.. -May be in the next game..! -The game is
not that fun then going around and killing a lot of
people and getting the coppers two bug you on your
gamming journey.. -I really had fun with this game..?
even; -this game was meant two be for the; -"Godfather.."
and; -Goodfella's.. -Fanatic's..! -But I love it
becuase you get two get into a car and drive around..?
Which was the easiet dang part of the game..? -The
game begins when your girl shoots you in the gutter
for dead.. -Then hull off two prison..! -Then an
explosion leaves several dead.. -Which leads two
believe the cartel was behind this lates new
incident.. -Even the newsreporter makes a lot of
sense.. -Then it's off two a guy name.. -Luigi.
You go downtown two get change..! -Then you are on
your way with some black guy.. -Ho will give you your
boss.. -A Mafia gangster..! -Ho works at his pub in
Chinatown.. -So he give's you these mission's..! -Such
as taking his girl for a ride and bring's her back
from the clinic..! -So on.. -I even thought picking
up those whose's where so easy..?
I finally have the code's two not let the time two
interfere with my gaming. -The timming seem so dang
annoying.. -This game came out in the late 90's..!
but it took me so long two finally beat it..? -Much
like the next one did..! -I really enjoyed the
Vice City..! -I'll get my review on that one sometime..?
Their..! -I did not spoil threw the hole mission story's.
just two make sure that I am not that type of guy
ho will ruin everything for you..?
So I hope this review help you..? -Also; -I enjoy
the gore of the game.. -That's why I wanted two play it..!
the graphic's look's really better..! -I've never really
gotta chance two play; -Grand Theft Auto 1, -or; -II..
Sorry if I didin't.. -But I still play this; -over and
over for my downtime..!
Enjoy..!!

ARRAY(0xbcfcf888)

Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto III by Take 2 (PlayStation2)
CDN$ 14.99 CDN$ 4.99